Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Reggie29

The Ashes Are On Again

The California Angels of MLB should look into this Jofra Archer fellow and see if he can pitch.

Methinks scheduling a World Cup and the Ashes in the same summer was not a sane decision. Neither XI appears to be in tip-top shape. 

At least now I can see the tests instead of just reading about them or seeing clips on Youtube. I couldn't find Sky Sports on our normal channel lineup through Sling TV, so I searched through this app called Modbro that I can access with Sling TV.

After searching through 300+ channels from the U.S., Europe, and the U.K., I finally found Sky Sports and Sky Sports Cricket.

As a bonus, I discovered I also get the Liverpool FC channel...LFCTV!

The reception sometimes freezes but it's better than nothing. And I get to laugh at the silly British commercials. Just as bad as the American ones.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

The California Angels of MLB should look into this Jofra Archer fellow and see if he can pitch.

Methinks scheduling a World Cup and the Ashes in the same summer was not a sane decision. Neither XI appears to be in tip-top shape. 

At least now I can see the tests instead of just reading about them or seeing clips on Youtube. I couldn't find Sky Sports on our normal channel lineup through Sling TV, so I searched through this app called Modbro that I can access with Sling TV.

After searching through 300+ channels from the U.S., Europe, and the U.K., I finally found Sky Sports and Sky Sports Cricket.

As a bonus, I discovered I also get the Liverpool FC channel...LFCTV!

The reception sometimes freezes but it's better than nothing. And I get to laugh at the silly British commercials. Just as bad as the American ones.

That's awesome!

Well, congrats to England for saving a little face by winning the 5th Test and drawing the Ashes even. Although, because of the rules Australia still retains the urn.

Everyone seems to agree that the Aussies partied too hard and long after winning the 4th test and clinching retaining the Ashes. Which points up the difference between American sports and others.

In America, there is no partying and celebrating until the competition is over. In baseball you don't pop the champagne until the final out is over. In football, teams don't celebrate at halftime and concede the second half.

Most Americans would scratch their heads at the Aussies partying when they were up only 2-1-1 with one more test to play. Sure, by technicality England couldn't "win" and regain the Ashes. But if Australia had kept their head and saved the partying for later, maybe they would have won the 5th test and the record would show Australia beating England decisively 3-1-1.

Instead, when future generations look at the 2019 Ashes results they will see that England played Australia to a 2-2-1 draw. 

On 9/16/2019 at 4:13 AM, Strider said:

Well, congrats to England for saving a little face by winning the 5th Test and drawing the Ashes even. Although, because of the rules Australia still retains the urn.

Everyone seems to agree that the Aussies partied too hard and long after winning the 4th test and clinching retaining the Ashes. Which points up the difference between American sports and others.

In America, there is no partying and celebrating until the competition is over. In baseball you don't pop the champagne until the final out is over. In football, teams don't celebrate at halftime and concede the second half.

Most Americans would scratch their heads at the Aussies partying when they were up only 2-1-1 with one more test to play. Sure, by technicality England couldn't "win" and regain the Ashes. But if Australia had kept their head and saved the partying for later, maybe they would have won the 5th test and the record would show Australia beating England decisively 3-1-1.

Instead, when future generations look at the 2019 Ashes results they will see that England played Australia to a 2-2-1 draw. 

I think it had more to do with Paine choosing to bowl, and Warners  poor form. 

They earned that celebration, they had a few days before the next game, nothing like a half time football game.

8 hours ago, slave to zep said:

I think it had more to do with Paine choosing to bowl, and Warners  poor form. 

They earned that celebration, they had a few days before the next game, nothing like a half time football game.

You know your Cricket Jules. I was stunned that he put us in. A great series though. Had everything. Warner? Struggled,yes. Maybe the stigma of his cheating scandal played on his mind? Didn't Smith though.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, chillumpuffer said:

You know your Cricket Jules. I was stunned that he put us in. A great series though. Had everything. Warner? Struggled,yes. Maybe the stigma of his cheating scandal played on his mind? Didn't Smith though.

Thanks 😊

Warner is definitely in a slump.🤔