The Ashes Are On Again

Reggie29

Very sorry to hear of Trotts departure from the squad on "stress" related problems. I am sure the Aussies are creaming themselves over this. Of course Warners immature sledging of him hasn't helped. From what has been reported here his personal and direct abuse of Trott in the first test completely over stepped the mark.

Further to the above: Captain Michael Clarke has been fined 20% of his match fee for a disgraceful sledge against Jimmy Anderson. "Get ready for a fucking broken arm" WTF

OK now sledging is part of the game, I understand that. It has always gone on. But when you make offensive, obscene and insulting remarks like that then it really is beyond the pale. Captain should lead by example

Edited by chillumpuffer

Very sorry to hear of Trotts departure from the squad on "stress" related problems. I am sure the Aussies are creaming themselves over this. Of course Warners immature sledging of him hasn't helped. From what has been reported here his personal and direct abuse of Trott in the first test completely over stepped the mark.

Further to the above: Captain Michael Clarke has been fined 20% of his match fee for a disgraceful sledge against Jimmy Anderson. "Get ready for a fucking broken arm" WTF

OK now sledging is part of the game, I understand that. It has always gone on. But when you make offensive, obscene and insulting remarks like that then it really is beyond the pale. Captain should lead by example

Yes, sledging has been going on since day one and it really isn't necessary and nowadays is exacerbated by the advent of stump microphones.

Anderson allegedly threatened to belt Bailey in the mouth, prompting Clarke's response.

Regardless, he should've kept his cool.

As for Warner, he was responding to a question about Trott's dismissal and he said it was weak etc.

Another example of sensationalist reporting and beatup by the media over a quote taken out of context.

Will the Poms lead by example and not sledge in future?

I doubt it.

Bring on Adelaide.

Yeah, exactly! ...... Sledging has been going on for years and we don't give any worse than we receive. This one was just unfortunate that it was picked up by the stump mic, which the previous exchange between Anderson and Bailey was not.

You lost the match! .... get over and stop finding things to complain about, other than your team's poor performance ...... or i'll break your fucking arm :o:P:lol:^_^

As for Trott returning to England with stress related problems. Thats a shame and sad to hear. He will be missed, not only by his English teammates and supporters, but by us Aussie's as well.

I know we lost the first teat, I'll take it on the chin - got to really. I think we will come back stronger and it will still be a tight series. Regarding the sledging. Yes it is always part and parcel of the game and it is highlighted now because of the stump microphone. However where it was giving someone "the bird" or generally having a laugh, it seems to be getting far too personal. Warner wouldn't have apologised and Clarke wouldn't be handing over some of his fees if it hadn't gone too far?

We will see how the drop in pitch fares in Adelaide. A once docile pitch much appreciated by the batsman, may see a few surprises.

In the context of things he didn't go too far (as I am aware) it was afterwards he implied Trott was "weak" and had "scared eyes". You over there may have a more full explanation as the coverage is only on satellite TV. This is what was on the net:

David Warner has admitted that he "went a little bit too far" with his comments made about Jonathan Trott, prior to the news that Trott is set to leave the Ashes tour.

Trott will be departing the series due to a "stress-related illness", but was the subject of taunts from Australia batsman Warner after he described Trott's dismissal in the second innings as "pretty poor and weak".

Now, Warner admits he may have overstepped the mark with the remarks, branded "disrespectful" by England captain Alastair Cook.

"I made those comments for a reason. Look, yesterday, the bounce and pace got to them again," Warner said after Australia took a 1-0 lead in the series.

"It is Ashes cricket. Probably went a little bit too far with the comments, but it's cricket and now it's in the back of their mind. It was good banter. It's always good banter between us and England.

"It's been a tough six months. The last 10 weeks have been fantastic. It's the start of something new."

I think it was the fact the Trott was suffering with stress that made matters worse

In the context of things he didn't go too far (as I am aware) it was afterwards he implied Trott was "weak" and had "scared eyes". You over there may have a more full explanation as the coverage is only on satellite TV. This is what was on the net:

David Warner has admitted that he "went a little bit too far" with his comments made about Jonathan Trott, prior to the news that Trott is set to leave the Ashes tour.

Trott will be departing the series due to a "stress-related illness", but was the subject of taunts from Australia batsman Warner after he described Trott's dismissal in the second innings as "pretty poor and weak".

Now, Warner admits he may have overstepped the mark with the remarks, branded "disrespectful" by England captain Alastair Cook.

"I made those comments for a reason. Look, yesterday, the bounce and pace got to them again," Warner said after Australia took a 1-0 lead in the series.

"It is Ashes cricket. Probably went a little bit too far with the comments, but it's cricket and now it's in the back of their mind. It was good banter. It's always good banter between us and England.

"It's been a tough six months. The last 10 weeks have been fantastic. It's the start of something new."

I think it was the fact the Trott was suffering with stress that made matters worse

yeah, i guess if you are teetering on the brink with stress, any comment regarding your form is going to play on your mind.

did barney know that he was already feeling stressed? dunno.

is his stress related to cricket? or personal/family issues.

we will probably never know.

but i reckon stop the sledging on both sides, and just play cricket!

The British press have done it again.

David Warner was referring to Trott's batting stint as weak and poor.

Warner also said the English team had scared eyes on the lead up to the Brisbane match.

And sledging,we give as good as we get.

Play to starting in Adelaide now after a very short rain delay.

Australia won the toss and elected to bat.

Let's see if the Poms have hardened up and are focused after the first test.

I'll bet the stump cam microphone is set to low volume!

Remember, this is the same team that was over in England not so long ago. I'm not getting cocky and celebrating just yet.

But, in saying that ............ so far so good. So a little quiet wooohhoooooooooo is in order :yes2:

In England this is known as rubbing it in...

i watched all day on saturday, wow what an enjoyable day ( for us ).

poor old mr slave was in sydney playing cricket himself, so didn't get to watch. ( he scored 79, woohoo! )

i watched for awhile late yesterday after work .... frustrating that we couldn't finish you guys off, and i have to work again today .... :(

and in other news ...

edited to add : this pic is 2 years old .....

2James-Anderson-Stuart-Broad-and-Alastai

Edited by slave to zep