Jason Bonham on "That Metal Show"

Led Zep Girl

I don't get that channel (stupid cable company :angry: ) but like most everything else it may show up on youtube to be watched. I will hopefully catch it then

They also archive a great deal of stuff on the That Metal Show website so you can watch it online.

I loved seeing and hearing Jason on That Metal Show last night.

A few interesting comments by him:

When asked by Eddie Trunk, I believe, which was more likely in the future: having a Guns and Roses reunion concert with the original members or having another Led Zeppelin concert with him and the other original members? Jason, in a dead serious face and voice tone said in a matter of fact way: "Guns and Roses". Eddie said "really?" and Jason said "yes, really". There was no doubt or wishing in his voice. Just an accepted fact, in his mind.

Jason talked briefly about being in the reality tv show "Super Group" and made a comment about Ted Nugent off hunting animals, lol. They were talking about reality tv shows and how the drummer from Poison, Rikki Rockett, who was also a guest, is shopping a reality show that he made with his drum-making company. One of the hosts suggested that Jason make a reality show, and he reminded them that he already had made one.

They talked about various band members that had gotten kicked out of the bands due to too much partying, and they talked about Steven Adler and his addiction problems and how he has overcome it and how he was such a great guest on That Metal Show. Jason talked about partying with some of these guys.

They also talked about Black Country Communion and that they played on Eddie Trunk's radio show. They discussed how great it was for Jason to be playing with Glen Hughes and Joe Bonamassa, and how Jason was looking forward to playing a concert with them.

The show was taped prior to JBLZE tour and Jason described how it was a tribute to his dad on the 30th anniversary of his death. He did not reveal the band members names, and the hosts did not try to get that info out of him.

My dvr stopped recording just as they were about to discuss which is better Zep II or Zep IV - which one did they think was better? I'm guessing IV, but I also wondered why PG wasn't an option since it is much heavier than those two?

As mentioned, you should be able to find it on the VH1 Classic website if you missed it.

The show was modeled on "Best Damn Sports Show". Jim Florentine also used to do "Crank Yankers".

I know Jason's part of "the official circle", but if there's any LZ reunion, he isn't that close to Robert to be able to say what's going to happen. But why not have Black Country Communion go on the road with Band of Joy? I'm just waiting for Plant and Dolly Parton to sing "Stairway" together.

Who knows if GNR will or won't reunite. The concert tour has done well (of course there have been some incidents) and they're getting around to doing a US tour.

Eddie Trunk chose 2 LZ albums, and he just happened to pick those 2.

I don't remember if they taped the show before or after the big tribute concert.

Archived