LED ZEPPELIN ON GLEE

catherine96

111 members have voted

1. 1. Zep on Glee good/bad

• Don't know what Glee is (you're lucky)
    • Don't care
    • Good bringing music to new generation
    • AHH THEY'LL RUIN IT WITH THEIR POP TEEN VOICES
    • Doesn't matter Zep will never agree to it

Wow, you're both so far off the mark I'm sitting here laughing.

As for what I wanted for Christmas -- I got it. A gift card to Barnes & Noble and peace and quiet. Money is tight in our household and has been for a while, so we don't have much of a Christmas anymore and seeing that both my sister and I are no longer children, it really doesn't matter.

As for what I wanted for Christmas -- I got it. A gift card to Barnes & Noble and peace and quiet. Money is tight in our household and has been for a while, so we don't have much of a Christmas anymore and seeing that both my sister and I are no longer children, it really doesn't matter. Frankly, I've been over this holiday for years.

Bully for you! :rolleyes:

I'M :offtopic:

Bully for you!

You made the comment, I merely responded to it. If you didn't want me to respond to it, you shouldn't have said it in the first place.

Here's my on-topic comment -- Led Zeppelin's music should be featured on the show because what the hell is it going to hurt? A bunch of teenagers and young adults getting to listen to something older than Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga? Oh the humanity.

Admit it. You're on the giggle gas.

That's why you don't need booze.

:D

As for what I wanted for Christmas -- I got it. A gift card to Barnes & Noble and peace and quiet. Money is tight in our household and has been for a while, so we don't have much of a Christmas anymore and seeing that both my sister and I are no longer children, it really doesn't matter.

Glad to hear you got what ya wanted. Best wishes.

I got a second hand teabag. :(

First of all I was responding to the post about Led Zeppelin's music being allowed to be used in advertising, so if anyone is responsible for going off topic in the first place it was them.

As someone once said, this is a forum not a democracy.

Electrophile tends to get a bit excited at times and I quite like how she gets up on her little soapbox.

She doesn't need booze or drugs!

Mangani, Glee is another word for joy.

Fool, I am starting a topic and will be interested in the responses.

As for the TV show, I voted for Don't Care and I never miss it.

That is to say, I don't watch it so I never miss it.

Reggie,

I never even heard of this show before but I looked in my t.v guide and seen that it's shown on Channel 4 on weekday mornings at 11.00. Might have to check it out.

Electrophile, I hear ya. They'd have to knock me out stone cold to operate on my mouth. I don't want to know what's going on.

Reggie,

I never even heard of this show before but I looked in my t.v guide and seen that it's shown on Channel 4 on weekday mornings at 11.00. Might have to check it out.

Electrophile, I hear ya. They'd have to knock me out stone cold to operate on my mouth. I don't want to know what's going on.

Glee is this T.V show which is rather overrated in my book! Here in New Zealand, much to my chagrin, "Vibe" (which is a T.V channel here by the way), is going all out and airing a Glee Marathon! (I don't mind "Glee" being shown here in New Zealand but damn it! there are plenty of much better shows out there which IMHO, do not get much air time here!) :slapface: I think "this marathon" started on Christmas Eve and goes on well into the New Year! I have absolutely no idea what on earth people see in that show! :blink: If you like watching musicals every bloody day of your life or are a fan of overrated shit like "High School Musical", "Glee" is just the thing for you, mate! :P LOL! :lol:

But on topic, since the kiddies out there, rely on shows like "Glee" to get their exposure as to what's "in" and what's "out" as far as today's music scene is concerned, Led Zeppelin's music being on "Glee" could very well turn out to be a blessing in disguise! ;)

If you like watching musicals every bloody day of your life or are a fan of overrated shit like "High School Musical", "Glee" is just the thing for you, mate! :P LOL! :lol:

Oh sod it no I don't. I'll have to take a miss on Glee then. Sounds like my worst nightmare. I thought it was something like Beverley Hills 9021014784561223blah blah with a bit of singing thrown in.

But on topic, since the kiddies out there, rely on shows like "Glee" to get their exposure as to what's "in" and what's "out" as far as today's music scene is concerned, Led Zeppelin's music being on "Glee" could very well turn out to be a blessing in disguise! ;)

Can't hurt. I have no objection to Zep getting exposure to youngsters these days.

Oh sod it no I don't. I'll have to take a miss on Glee then. Sounds like my worst nightmare. I thought it was something like Beverley Hills 9021014784561223blah blah with a bit of singing thrown in.

Can't hurt. I have no objection to Zep getting exposure to youngsters these days.

It's your typical young persons show but I have to admit that I had a few good laughs the one and only time I watched it. For me it's a show to be taken in small doses and IMO, it's not meant to be taken seriously. However, it is very well done and I would have no problem what so ever if they did a show with a Zeppelin theme. It's just a show that requires the viewer to have a corny sense of humour and if you have one, a few laughs can be found

• 1 month later...

I think it would be interesting. Some of my fam watch Glee. On the plus side, younger , more ignorant people would learn who Led Zeppelin is and hopefully will stop saying "that one guy." They will definitely gain a lot more respect because people who don't know of them will want to know more about Zeppelin. I know i did when I first started listening to them.

On the plus side, younger , more ignorant people would learn who Led Zeppelin is and hopefully will stop saying "that one guy."

Believe you me, featuring Zep on an episode of Glee isn't going to stop people (young, old or ignorant) from referring to them as "he".

Believe you me, featuring Zep on an episode of Glee isn't going to stop people (young, old or ignorant) from referring to them as "he".

LOL. My mom does that; she also thinks Fleetwood Mac is a person. Adorable.

Back to Glee: the few excruciating moments I've seen of it, they autotune the sh*t out of the music, is that the treatment they give everything? Very shrill it was.

There are also people who think that either Pink Floyd is a person, or that there's someone in the band named Pink Floyd. Quite famously, a record exec asked the band that very same question, and it ended up as a line in Have a Cigar.

Anyway, going back to a previous point, not listening to a song anymore because Glee covered it and you didn't care for how they did it is just silly. I'm not the biggest fan of their version of Don't Stop Believin', but that doesn't mean I'm never going to listen to Journey's original version anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl Rightly Shits On ‘Glee’

dave-grohl-parenthood.jpg

This dude speaks his mind

You’ve got to love Dave Grohl; the dude was in Scream and Nirvana, and Them Crooked Vultures is fucking awesome, no matter what you may think. He also did the ProBot project which featured Lemmy, King Diamond, Tom G. Warrior, Wino from Saint Vitus, and Cronos of Venom. Plus, the Foo Fighters are kind of awesome, if only because its the one band your girl likes that you can actually stand.

Today, The Hollywood Reporter caught up with Dave at SXSW, which I wish I were at. And guess what? He fucking hates that show “Glee” too, and will never let anything he was ever involved with end up on that show, regurgitated by a bunch of people in their 20s pretending they’re in their teens.

“It’s every band’s right, you shouldn’t have to do fucking ‘Glee.’ And then the guy who created ‘Glee’ is so offended that we’re not, like, begging to be on his fucking show … fuck that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do ‘Glee,’” Dave told THR. “The ‘Glee’ guy, what a fucking jerk.

“Slash was the first one,” he continues. “[Ryan Murphy] wanted to do Guns ‘n’ Roses and Slash is like, ‘I hate fucking musicals. It’s worse than ‘Grease.’’ Then [Murphy's] like, ‘Well, of course he’d say that, he’s a washed up ol’ rock star, that’s what they fucking do.’ And then Kings of Leon say, ‘No, we don’t want to be on your show.’ And then he’s like, ‘Snotty little assholes … ’ And it’s just like, Dude, maybe not everyone loves ‘Glee.’ Me included.”

Why do you have to be difficult? Why can't you just highlight it and read it that way

Excuse me? I don't believe I was talking to you. Besides, I asked Jahfin a simple question, with no rudeness or otherwise improper tone. I didn't think it hurt to ask, since he posts a lot of articles here.

Archived