Christmas 2010

Hotplant

I could rattle off a million things but I really just want good health and happiness for my kids and grandchildren.

BUT...I would like a new cheap Timex watch, the one that lights up when you push in the button. I LOVED my old one that I tried to find a new band and battery for, but the band keeps falling off! So in case my kids are reading..... :D

AND:

A nice cardigan sweater with pockets.

Some nice pretty candles.

You?

I would like a new Gibson Les Paul but since that is unlikely, I would settle for a Taylor acoustic. I will probably settle for just having a good time with family. My wife's parents are coming up to this winterland from Florida. I have done some shopping. And even some wrapping. I have always thought Christmas was the one thing that brought people together. There is nothing like Christmas. It brings out the good in all. Whether you are a believer or not, you can't argue the importance of it. I need to find a Led Zeppelinj ornament for my tree. Anyone know if they exist? Merry Xmas to all!!!

I couldn´t agree more with health and happiness, if you have that you can do anything you want !!! :thumbsup: Best wishes for all!!!!

I completely agree Aeonblue. After having one of the worst years I can remember for terrible things happening, I would really like 2011 to be a much better year for myself and everyone I care about.

Well, like you guys have very rightly stated, health and happiness for my family and friends is my no.1 Christmas wish but I can't help wanting a new digital camera though! :lol:

Cameras seem to be a popular choice Kiwi. If you get one I hope you're going to take some great pictures to post on here! ;)

Apart from the health and happiness mentioned above, I would like a new DVD player as mine is on its last legs! :D

I completely agree Aeonblue. After having one of the worst years I can remember for terrible things happening, I would really like 2011 to be a much better year for myself and everyone I care about.

You are not the only one that has had bad things happen to them. It happened to us and we never knew it could happen. I dont know if it was the worst year>? Persoally I would rank 2001 at the top. The year of 911 and my nasty divorce with my blood sucking first wife. I will also wish 2011 is better. But can it be? I will be a year older. I never look at that in a positive way. Merry Xmas and may you get what you wish for

Realistically?

I'd love some warm socks, maybe a few new bras, new shoes.

I hope my mom doesn't get laid off--there's been a scare that there will be layoffs at her work (she's been there since 2000, I hope they don't lay her off).

I hope I'm able to continue to save money for my mother's Christmas present. My sisters and I are saving to enable her to pick out new living room furniture.

Unrealistically?

A new car (probably a 2011 Accord EX, 2011 Accord Crosstour, or a Buick Enclave--AWD of course).

New carpet in the house (possibly hardwood)?

A larger yard.

Really though--I'd be happy with the things I KNOW I"m getting: a two-week vacation and time with my family!

Another Christmas wish I really want fulfilled is for my parents to just stop fighting like cat and dog and be civil to each other on Christmas day! They can keep fighting for the rest of the year for all I bloody care! :rolleyes:

Sometimes there is just no fixing it. i tried to be civil with my ex wife and it is never happening. We have absolutely nothing to do with each other and at this point its for the best. If your parents are still together and are fighting like this, somethiing has to be done before someone loses it. Intervention of some type is probably in order. Good luck with it and don't let it ruin your life. You have no control over your parents and their relationship. Or little control should I say.

Sometimes there is just no fixing it. i tried to be civil with my ex wife and it is never happening. We have absolutely nothing to do with each other and at this point its for the best. If your parents are still together and are fighting like this, somethiing has to be done before someone loses it. Intervention of some type is probably in order. Good luck with it and don't let it ruin your life. You have no control over your parents and their relationship. Or little control should I say.

Thanks for caring. I had a heart to heart talk with them today and I can safely say that my mom, dad and myself really bonded. Each of us took our time to air our grievances. It was just a matter of communicating at the right time and in the right way! I couldn't be happier now! :D Cheers! Hope you have a really nice Christmas and New Year, Rick! :D

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ;)

Thanks for caring. I had a heart to heart talk with them today and I can safely say that my mom, dad and myself really bonded. Each of us took our time to air our grievances. It was just a matter of communicating at the right time and in the right way! I couldn't be happier now! :D Cheers! Hope you have a really nice Christmas and New Year, Rick! :D

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly ;)

Thanks. Glad to hear its bettter. Mine will be complicated at the very least. My wife will have her first without her older sister who died this year. And her parents are coming up from Florida which means i had better be on my best behaviour. Ha.

I want a smart phone (that runs apps).

I have prepaid service with unlimited internet, but the phone can barely use it.

What good is unlimited if you can barely use it?

So one service has a Droid, but it uses an older OS, so doesn't run newer apps, plus costs $150 more.

My current service added 2 Nokia smartphones, one is like a Blackberry, has a better cam/video.

The other has slideout keyboard, bigger screen, but lower-resolution cam/video.

Decisions, decisions...

Oooh! This is what I want for Christmas (beside what I've already shared): an iPhone that will work with my existing carrier. AT&T is too expensive for what you get, IMO.

Here's what I've discovered (only recently, as I don't keep up on every single thing) -

the IPod Touch has wi-fi and runs pretty much any app the IPhone runs.

And if you use Google Voice, and you're connected (hot spots/wi-fi areas), you can actually make free phone calls with your IPod Touch.

I'm thinking of getting one just to run all the apps, and keep my cheap unlimited pre-paid service (Straight Talk - $45 per month for unlimited calls, text and internet).

Here I was thinking an IPod Touch was just an MP3 player with a whole lot of storage.

I am watching "Its a Wonderful Life". I actually found Xmas wrapping paper with pics from the movie on it. There was a local story saying that Bedford Falls was probably named after Seneca Falls, NY. A town not far from me. The daughter of Jimmy Stewart in the movie showed up there yesterday for a ceremony to do with the local museaum and the connection with "Its a Wonderful Life". Next Ill watch the English version of Scrooge.

Archived