Christmas 2010

Hotplant

Silvermedalist-

You live in the most beautiful part of the US imho.

As far as Christmas 2010, all I want is my Zoso book!

I am watching "Its a Wonderful Life". I actually found Xmas wrapping paper with pics from the movie on it. There was a local story saying that Bedford Falls was probably named after Seneca Falls, NY. A town not far from me. The daughter of Jimmy Stewart in the movie showed up there yesterday for a ceremony to do with the local museaum and the connection with "Its a Wonderful Life". Next Ill watch the English version of Scrooge.

Silvermedalist-

You live in the most beautiful part of the US imho.

As far as Christmas 2010, all I want is my Zoso book!

Well thank you. I take it you have been to upstate NY? Buffalo and Niagra Falls to the West and the 1000 Islands to the northeast. But the finger lakes is indeed beautiful and the change of seasons can be magnificant. The autumn leaves and the wintery forests are from a page right out of Robert Frosts poem. And then there is Bedford Falls, or should I say Seneca Falls. Its a Wonderful Life. At least at Christmas time! Hope yours is very Merry a well as all the rest of my fellow Zeppoholics.

Hi Everyone!

I sincerely hope that all of you get your Genesis book of Jimmy pictures before Christmas! What a great gift!

I am seriously considering not having a Christmas tree this year! My husband is working like crazy and the boys are staying at their apartments until Christmas, and I need them to haul the decorations out of the attic as they are way too heavy for me to lift by myself. By the time they are availabe to help out it will be practically Christmas, and I don't know if it will be worth all of that work to be decorated for just a few days. And I will be working all week before and after Christmas, since the actual holidays of Christmas and New Year's Day are on the weekend, so I do not get any extra days off, and my office is very busy at this time since people are off work and school and need to use their vision insurance benefits before the year is over.

And no one is telling me what they want for Christmas, so I have no idea what to buy, so I haven't done much shopping yet. Personally, I do not want or need anything. I am just happy to spend time with the family. I would love to have tickets to see Robert in NYC on Saturday, January 29th, but there are no tickets available on Ticketmaster at this time.

I wish for all of you forum members here will have a happy holiday season with family and friends.

It was quite some time ago that I was there. The countryside from the finger lakes area to the upper Hudson Valley was the most beautiful I have ever seen anywhere. Almost makes me wish I wasn't a city girl!

Well thank you. I take it you have been to upstate NY? Buffalo and Niagra Falls to the West and the 1000 Islands to the northeast. But the finger lakes is indeed beautiful and the change of seasons can be magnificant. The autumn leaves and the wintery forests are from a page right out of Robert Frosts poem. And then there is Bedford Falls, or should I say Seneca Falls. Its a Wonderful Life. At least at Christmas time! Hope yours is very Merry a well as all the rest of my fellow Zeppoholics.

Honestly, the only thing I really want for Christmas is to be with my family.

My sisters and I have been saving to buy my mom new living room furniture for Christmas. I've been a bit nervous about how much it was going to cost and whether we had enough money, etc., but I think we've got it made!

I'm excited for Christmas! :)

Hi All,

What do I want for Christmas this year?

Same as always,

A Loving Wife,

3 Adorable Kids

A little understanding,

Some Respect,

Food,

Drink,

Humour,

Does anybody remember laughter?

I suppose being Merry is a No No yet again,

How about another month in the slammer?

Or to be totally disappointed, same as last year, every year for that matter.

I'll just have to make do with taking the dog for a long walk in the snow then hey?

"A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL"

Just don't bring your festivity round to me as I'm far to miserable to appreciate it. :(

Regards, Danny

Hi All,

Same as always,

A Loving Wife,

3 Adorable Kids

A little understanding,

Some Respect,

Food,

Drink,

Humour,

I'll just have to make do with taking the dog for a long walk in the snow then hey?

Just don't bring your festivity round to me as I'm far to miserable to appreciate it. :(

Regards, Danny

welcome back, danny!

i hope someone asks for a little humor around here. sometimes this place is stiff.

"watch out where the huskies go...."

you can't say "retards" even if they are very kind. yer supposed to say "leotards" or "mentally challenged" .... :D

Hi Beat,

I can say what I like me ole mucker, as long as I pay the price, a month in solitary living on stale piss and black bread, oh yes and a slice of horse shit on Sundays, the life of luxury in you friendly Gulag, do ya like my new sig? its my holiday home for unredeemable posters. :lol:

Very Kind Retards, Danny

PS, And I'm talking about myself when I say "Retards" other forum members are way below that. ;)

World peace.

And maybe some wine :)

Hi Ebk,

World peace? your having a laugh ain't ya, the West would go broke mate. :o

You want Wine? I'll give you my wife's favourite Essex Wine right now, "Oh please please BIGDAN, don't take me to Lakeside again, not for Christmas Lunch, please please no not there again" :lol:

Regards, Danny

Hi All,

Same as always,

A Loving Wife,

3 Adorable Kids

A little understanding,

Some Respect,

Food,

Drink,

Humour,

"A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL"

Regards, Danny

Hi Danny

It's great to have you back on here. I'm loving you new signature!

You may not feel in a festive mood, but can I suggest a trip to the cinema over Christmas to see Peter Weir's new film:

The-Way-Back-Poster-harris-farrel1.jpg

It's a fact-based story centered on soldiers who escaped from a Siberian gulag in 1940. I thought you might be able to empathise! ;)

Hi Beat,

I can say what I like me ole mucker, as long as I pay the price, a month in solitary living on stale piss and black bread, oh yes and a slice of horse shit on Sundays, the life of luxury in you friendly Gulag, do ya like my new sig? its my holiday home for unredeemable posters. :lol:

Very Kind Retards, Danny

PS, And I'm talking about myself when I say "Retards" other forum members are way below that. ;)

LOVE the sig....

Hi Danny

It's great to have you back on here. I'm loving you new signature!

You may not feel in a festive mood, but can I suggest a trip to the cinema over Christmas to see Peter Weir's new film:

The-Way-Back-Poster-harris-farrel1.jpg

It's a fact-based story centered on soldiers who escaped from a Siberian gulag in 1940. I thought you might be able to empathise! ;)

Hi Magic and thank you, I'll give the movie a try, maybe they will do a remake one day about an inmate of the Led Zeppelin Gulag who keeps getting in to trouble with Stalin Sam and his Gulag Guards because he cant keep his out dated opinions to himself, I haven't a clue who could play the lead role though, how bout you? :Thinking:

And to keep on topic the first scene could be the inmate opening up his 2010 Christmas Presents, a blow up Zeppelin and a Jimmy page doll, (not the blow up variety you understand). :thanku:

Kind Regards, Danny

I am usually really pretty well organized without being obsessively so, but we have been so overscheduled this month that I have begun to forget things/mess up times. :unsure: So I am sitting here compiling an Excel spreadsheet for my holiday baking. Columns for rum cakes, peppermint bark, pumpkin bread, etc. so I won't overlook anyone by mistake. :blink: (Yes, I should be doing my actual homework, but...)

Here's what I've discovered (only recently, as I don't keep up on every single thing) -

the IPod Touch has wi-fi and runs pretty much any app the IPhone runs.

And if you use Google Voice, and you're connected (hot spots/wi-fi areas), you can actually make free phone calls with your IPod Touch.

I'm thinking of getting one just to run all the apps, and keep my cheap unlimited pre-paid service (Straight Talk - $45 per month for unlimited calls, text and internet).

Here I was thinking an IPod Touch was just an MP3 player with a whole lot of storage.

This ended up being my choice.

Stick with my lame pre-paid phone but getting a 4th generation 64 GB iPod Touch.

WiFi, apps, movies, music.

Pretty much an iPhone without cellular, but with WiFi and GoogleVoice, I can even make calls with it, even if it is just to show off (as opposed to out of necessity).

Much to my hubby's frustration, there is not much that I want or need. Other than spending time with my kids and grandkids. So whatever I get will be a surprise to me. I hope :santa: brings you all what you wish for.

Before things get hectic around here, I wanted to wish all my forum friends a very Merry Christmas. I hope the holiday season brings you happy times with family and friends. I spend many a happy hour reading and conversing with you all here and I am greatful to have a place to come to be amongst people who have the same interest. Most people I know just don't understand my Led Zeppelin obsession.

Peace to you all. :peace:

Archived