Albums By Your Favourite Bands / Artists Which You Regret Purchasing

Emma Jane

OK, so one of your favourite bands / artists has just released an album or you have just got into the catalogue of a band or artist and you are loving it so far. You, then, purchase a particular album by that band or artist but after a couple of listens, you think "Damn! That was painful!". Here are the albums of some of my favourite bands and artists which ivoked that same response! I still love these bands and artists even today but I really regret purchasing the following albums!

1. 220px-Queen_Hot_Space.png

Queen is one of my favourite bands but I will never understand why on earth they even bothered coming up with "Hot Space".

2. 220px-Lost_Highway.jpg

I do like Bon Jovi, especially their albums in the '80's and some albums from the '00s are quite ok but "Lost Highway" was rather boring! :zzz:

3. 220px-A_bigger_band_album_cover_%28Wikipedia%29.jpg

I love "The Stones" but this album isn't one of their best offerings, IMO!

4. 220px-My_December_Album.PNG

I do like Kelly Clarkson, inspite of the fact that she is "mainstream" but this album blows!

I did at one point try to force myself to like these albums just because they happened to be by my favourite bands / artists! Have any of you guys faced the same situation?

I just started this thread for fun! Would love to see what you guys come up with! :P

I've always been pretty picky about the music I spend my money on, so there aren't many disappointments for me. Just a few:

Billy Squier "Emotions in Motion"

The Knack "But the Little Girls Understand"

Sarah McLachlan's "Solace"

And the Kiss solo albums were pretty lame. :bagoverhead:

My 17 year old son was a fan of Adam Lambert (based on his performances on American Idol :rolleyes: ) but he told me a couple of weeks back that Lambert's debut album "sucks" :lol:

So I guess he does regret buying it in the first place! :P

220px-Adam_Lambert_-_For_Your_Entertainment_-_2009.jpg

I am a fan of the band "Muse" but I wish I had not bought their latest offering :(

220px-Theresistance.jpg

The only tracks which I like are "Uprising", "Resistence" and "Guiding Light". The rest of the album is quite boring to my ears! :blink:

OK, so one of your favourite bands / artists has just released an album or you have just got into the catalogue of a band or artist and you are loving it so far. You, then, purchase a particular album by that band or artist but after a couple of listens, you think "Damn! That was painful!". Here are the albums of some of my favourite bands and artists which ivoked that same response! I still love these bands and artists even today but I really regret purchasing the following albums!

220px-Queen_Hot_Space.png

Damn! Hot Space is a pretty lame Queen album isn't it? Glad I didn't actually purchase that shit! Absolutely no idea what the fuck Freddie & Co. were thinking! Thank goodness I can preview an album on itunes and decide for myself as to whether the album is indeed worth buying! I've made some pretty bad decisions over the years but now I've pretty much wisened up and I can be pretty nit-picky! I always make it a point to preview an album whether the concerned band or artist is a favourite or not! Because, if there is one thing I've learnt, it is that no artist or band can keep making good albums all the time! There is bound to be some shit released at some point! :slapface:

This album was a birthday gift to me a couple of years ago so I actually didn't purchase it (thank goodness for that!) but I don't think much of it! It's an album I'll gladly get rid off! It's totally overrated if you ask me! :P

220px-Stadiumarcadium.jpg

Archived