Robert Can't Bear To Be Alone

kenog

Source: www.musicrooms.net

I'm guessing that there are a lot of ladies out there who would like to make sure Robert is not alone :D

04/12/2010

Robert Plant has “a thousand pen pals” because he can’t bear to be alone.

The 62-year-old is best known for being in British rock band Led Zeppelin, with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham. He insists his lengthy music career is the result of his inability to spend time on his own, as it has made him pressure others into teaming up with him on projects and ideas.

“My whole deal is that I can’t do anything alone. I have to go out and press-gang bright souls and spirits,” he explained. “That’s what I look for – some kind of radiance, an innocent kindness. I know it sounds f**king hippy, but there’s not a thing I go near that doesn’t have that equation. I’ve got a thousand pen pals. Some of them speak Tamasheq and live south of the Sahara.”

Robert is glad he’s the way he is as he thinks his constant quest to meet people has made him have a lot of unusual experiences. It’s also opened his eyes to many different ways of life, and shown him what is really important.

“I can’t say I’m fortunate because I’ve put a lot into it, but my rewards are not the gongs and the Lifetime Achievement awards,” he told Q magazine. “They’re in the seeing of what happens.”

It's great he created such fantastic music and that he always found great musicans to work with on his travels and that he maintains contact with many of them and also remains a pen pal with many people he meets and that a lot of it is based on the fact, that he doesn't like to be alone.

But a lot of it has to do with the fact, that he is a naturally gifted super singer and he just sings greatly, without much practice and so he doesn't need to be alone! People who are intrumental virtuosos like Page, have to spend quite a lot of time alone, to make their carrer work, because they need to practice hard and in Zeppelin, Page and other also worked on the compositions, while Plant always seemed to be able to write the lyrics and vocal melodies pretty quickly!!

Genius definately, but many times being a genius is about being alone for long hours and working! Not for Robert and many other great singers! They always seem to be working the least of all musicians!

Archived