Possible titles for Mick’s new book

Levee

And now something from the lighterside............

Sticks and rolling stones may break my bones, but the name Brenda really never bothered me.

Jesus Keith, as least Bill took the high road.

Small tallywaker ….I thought I taught you Pig Latin, ixnay on that.

One riff a decade Keith that's all I'm asking

The Gewgaws aren't just in your hair.

Unethical? Mwa ?Go talk to Ronnie

I have never snorted me father

£4.8 is what they gave you in advance? good job mate.

Thanks for the big balls comment, but after this book I defer to the master.

Not meant to be mean spirited.....add your own.

How about quoting Mick's '86 Grammy acceptance speech and calling it:

(for those of you who took the piss) THE JOKE'S ON YOU

The thing about Keith is, while he may have acquired his bad boy image honestly, his later day use of it, to sell himself to the public, is not too cool. There's always that carefully placed cigarette in the picture, among other things.

And to think that Alexis Korner once said that; "Keith never tries to present himself as nothing other than what he is".

"Mick Taylor was better than you"

Good point. When Eric Clapton sat in with the Stones a few times to play "Little Red Rooster" on the Steel Wheels tour, Keith said something like; "We kick him up the ass, so he plays better". I think Mick Taylor may have had the same effect on Keith when he was in the band.

And now something from the lighterside............

Sticks and rolling stones may break my bones, but the name Brenda really never bothered me.

Jesus Keith, as least Bill took the high road.

Small tallywaker ….I thought I taught you Pig Latin, ixnay on that.

One riff a decade Keith that's all I'm asking

The Gewgaws aren't just in your hair.

Unethical? Mwa ?Go talk to Ronnie

I have never snorted me father

£4.8 is what they gave you in advance? good job mate.

Thanks for the big balls comment, but after this book I defer to the master.

Not meant to be mean spirited.....add your own.

:lol:

As for Mick carrying Keith--the degree of success of his own solo career seems to suggest something else. ;)

And hey, Keith's the first to admit Mick Taylor's a better player. (They're a two-guitar band with two complementary styles.) And the carefully-placed cigarette thing is a TOTAL stretch--the guy's always smoking, that's why it's always in the pics! Alexis was right, as always.

See the part where Levee said this wasn't intended to be mean-spirited? I can't think of any to add, though, he thought up all the good ones. :D

:lol:

As for Mick carrying Keith--the degree of success of his own solo career seems to suggest something else. ;)

And hey, Keith's the first to admit Mick Taylor's a better player. (They're a two-guitar band with two complementary styles.) And the carefully-placed cigarette thing is a TOTAL stretch--the guy's always smoking, that's why it's always in the pics! Alexis was right, as always.

See the part where Levee said this wasn't intended to be mean-spirited? I can't think of any to add, though, he thought up all the good ones. :D

Is Keith's solo career any more successful than Mick's? I saw Keith with the X-Pensive Winos in '93 and it wasn't hard to get a ticket, as there were only 3 people inline when they went on sale weeks ahead of time. He only lit up one cigarette, during the whole show, which he immediately threw away after getting a cheer from many members of the audience who may relate to that sort of thing more than the music. Hey everybody, look at the junky smoke.....isn't that cool?

Usually when Keith does his two songs at Stones concerts, many audience members go take a pee, get something to eat/drink etc. In fact, I watched their Bridges To Babylon pay per view at my brothers house and told him later that it was just like being at a Stones concert because he also took a pee break during Keith's two songs.

Keith is too insecure to try to present himself as himself, thus the usual denial of the chemical dependent. He's no super hero.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was expecting you to say. Just note that this point about him lighting up contradicts the point you made one post earlier about him posturing with cigarettes. He's never smoked onstage much, anyway. (I don't recall anybody making any claims about his solo career, by the way.)

Back to Levee's "lighter side," the point of which seems not to be getting across--

How about "At least I haven't fallen out of my tree yet"?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was expecting you to say. Just note that this point about him lighting up contradicts the point you made one post earlier about him posturing with cigarettes. He's never smoked onstage much, anyway. (I don't recall anybody making any claims about his solo career, by the way.)

It could be that he was posturing with the cigarette since he lit it up, got a cheer from the audience, and then threw it away. It would be a safe guess that everything in a picture being used for the cover of a CD, magazine, etc. is carefully considered and placed there. It's not about whether or not he smokes or how much, my point is that his use of the bad boy image to promote himself has become trite.

When they're in the same band Mick does the heavy lifting, especially from '77-'82. B)

I'd say Mick did the heavy lifting on the last tours. They've got the hired help (Chuck Leavell, Darryl Jones, etc.) carrying the music while Keith and Ronnie goof off, and Charlie doesn't seem to do that much anymore either. Mick may be a lot of things, but lazy, he's not.

It could be that he was posturing with the cigarette since he lit it up, got a cheer from the audience, and then threw it away. It would be a safe guess that everything in a picture being used for the cover of a CD, magazine, etc. is carefully considered and placed there. It's not about whether or not he smokes or how much, my point is that his use of the bad boy image to promote himself has become trite.

It could be, yeah. :rolleyes:

It could be, yeah. :rolleyes:

And that would contradict your point that I contradicted mine.

Another irony about Keith is that while he promotes this image, he was offended my Micks impersonation of it on Saturday Night Live during the 'point-counter point' skit where Mick played Kieth and said; "Mick, you ignorant slut". That's being very thin skinned.

And that would contradict your point that I contradicted mine.

Another irony about Keith is that while he promotes this image, he was offended my Micks impersonation of it on Saturday Night Live during the 'point-counter point' skit where Mick played Kieth and said; "Mick, you ignorant slut". That's being very thin skinned.

*sigh* Spot the "roll eyes" part? And he wasn't seriously offended, for heaven's sake. Give it up, already--you're missing the whole point of the thread, as well as a lot of other points.

Unlike Hotplant :D. Good one!

He could also use "I've had no complaints yet!"

*sigh* Spot the "roll eyes" part? And he wasn't seriously offended, for heaven's sake. Give it up, already--you're missing the whole point of the thread, as well as a lot of other points.

Unlike Hotplant :D. Good one!

He could also use "I've had no complaints yet!"

You're missing several points, as your comments to me seem to be more about old baggage from another thread. I must have said something in the past that struck a nerve. I do remember that you had a not so grateful response when I posted news of the Ladies and Gentlemen Deluxe set. You should get yourself some tights and a cape, put a big V on your chest and call yourself Vengeance Woman! I'm sure I haven't heard the last of it and that you will continue this on other threads.

Another possible title for Mick's book would be: "KEITH, YOU IGNORANT SLUT"

Archived