Best Led Zeppelin Tour

cheesehead1204

It seems the only person getting uptight here is you, the rest of us are simply engaging in friendly conversation regarding their tours. If that bothers you its your problem, not ours.

Listen Princess, I do not come here to give and get virtual hugs. I also don't come here looking for or expecting conflict. Shit happens. Oh well. If you can't see past my style or lack thereof to the content i post regarding Led Zeppelin, feel uncomfortable in a point/counterpoint situation, or can't respond unless your inner child is nurtured, that IS your problem. If you come to an internet discussion forum where alternate points of view turn up and you don't always walk away with a warm fuzzy, that is NOT my problem.

Grow a thicker skin and a sense of humor already. There might be bigger monsters than me out there.

And if it's not too late, have a great day.

Making blanket statements saying Zeppelin smoked every band ever is ridiculous and adversely affects his credibility in my view. I'm a fanatic too but i've heard too much great music in my day to believe that Zep stood alone even on their best day.

As I said earlier, if that is the conclusion you reached from my post, then you missed the point. In fact, you completely misread my post. That is not what I was saying at all. I never said there weren't any other bands that were great in concert. I have seen plenty of concerts that I would rank up there with the best of Zeppelin. For sheer exuberance and fun, there are some Mott the Hoople, Van Halen, and Fishbone shows that are prized memories.

The only point I was making was that Led Zeppelin asked more from an audience than any other band I saw...they placed demands on your stamina and endurance that other bands didn't.

Well...except for maybe GG Allin. :rolleyes:

Listen Princess, I do not come here to give and get virtual hugs. I also don't come here looking for or expecting conflict. Shit happens. Oh well. If you can't see past my style or lack thereof to the content i post regarding Led Zeppelin, feel uncomfortable in a point/counterpoint situation, or can't respond unless your inner child is nurtured, that IS your problem. If you come to an internet discussion forum where alternate points of view turn up and you don't always walk away with a warm fuzzy, that is NOT my problem.

Grow a thicker skin and a sense of humor already. There might be bigger monsters than me out there.

And if it's not too late, have a great day.

Guess you forgot to take your meds today, oh well, I am sure there is a random stray dog in your neighborhood you are dying to kick. Who knows, that dog may be a pit bull and you can try to talk to it about it's "inner child" and to grow a thicker skin as it chases you down the block.

Good luck with that.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Strider the most of the statement that he put, but i disagree in part with the examples of Pink Floyd, until 1972 their shows were highly improvisatory of the studio songs or songs that were recorded, for example Careful with That Axe.. it´s a very good song and with much improvisation, and another example is Atom Heart Mother, formely The Rice Pudding also with a lot of improvisation and atmosphere, one last example is Echoes, formely know as Return of The Son of Nothing that in the Cincinnati Show was almost 30 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynK0rxHGEKk

when they start to play DSOTM the put a "standard live version" of this show that repeated until The Wall came, and that's is when i agree with strider, when they starting of playing note by note the songs.

I agree with Strider the most of the statement that he put, but i disagree in part with the examples of Pink Floyd, until 1972 their shows were highly improvisatory of the studio songs or songs that were recorded, for example Careful with That Axe.. it´s a very good song and with much improvisation, and another example is Atom Heart Mother, formely The Rice Pudding also with a lot of improvisation and atmosphere, one last example is Echoes, formely know as Return of The Son of Nothing that in the Cincinnati Show was almost 30 minutes:

when they start to play DSOTM the put a "standard live version" of this show that repeated until The Wall came, and that's is when i agree with strider, when they starting of playing note by note the songs.

Aye, there's the rub. I didn't see Pink Floyd until 1972, so I missed those 1970-71 glory years of Pink Floyd improv.

Although, I have about 10 or 12 live versions "Careful With that Axe, Eugene" and they don't vary that greatly.

Aye, there's the rub. I didn't see Pink Floyd until 1972, so I missed those 1970-71 glory years of Pink Floyd improv.

Although, I have about 10 or 12 live versions "Careful With that Axe, Eugene" and they don't vary that greatly.

Me neither, but there's plenty of shows of those years that you can grab and listen to them, i share a link of one of those and some of them in great quality.

Careful have some variations for example compare the 1969 Ummagumma version to the 1971 Pompeii version.

i have as many PF shows as LZ shows and sometimes i wonder who played most concerts in the 1970's decade.

one of the finest shows that i have heard is from the Japan tour 1971 (PF)

Archived