Zeppelin Pic's 1977

allbettsareoff

If they're from the late, great JJ Jackson they were almost certainly taken during one of their six Los Angeles concerts in June 1977. Perhaps we can match the position of the tea cup and towels against other concert photos from that stint to confirm the actual date (those of us who are into the sleuthing side of things).

If they're from the late, great JJ Jackson they were almost certainly taken during one of their six Los Angeles concerts in June 1977. Perhaps we can match the position of the tea cup and towels against other concert photos from that stint to confirm the actual date (those of us who are into the sleuthing side of things).

Have at it!

I just looked at my 77 ticket stub and it is from June 23rd 1977 me and my brother attended the show with JJ, but I know he went multiple nights. I believe they were given to him and he gave them to me. I am not sure though as it was so long ago. He used to bring me Led Zeppelin stuff (bootlegs,photos etc...)all the time when I was a kid because I was such a Zep freak. Still am! Glad You guys are enjoying them! If I find anything else cool from back then I will post for you guys!

I just looked at my 77 ticket stub and it is from June 23rd 1977 me and my brother attended the show with JJ, but I know he went multiple nights. I believe they were given to him and he gave them to me. I am not sure though as it was so long ago. He used to bring me Led Zeppelin stuff (bootlegs,photos etc...)all the time when I was a kid because I was such a Zep freak. Still am! Glad You guys are enjoying them! If I find anything else cool from back then I will post for you guys!

Thanks for sharing these with all of us. Looking forward to seeing anything else you may find :beer:

COOL! ^I have a couple of rolls of negatives from that week. They are of course OLD. I want to find someone who could develop them using some sort of better technology to bring out the best of them. Admittedly I was an amateur, shooting from the 17th row....sneaking up when the goons weren't looking.

My ticket stub was torn in the wrong spot, so it doesn't show the date or anything, maybe they did that with "comps" dunno, but it was DavidZoso who figured out which date it was. Jimmy in White Dragon, Robert with the purple shirt.

When....(that's a long when) I get around to it, I'll post them for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

COOL! ^I have a couple of rolls of negatives from that week. They are of course OLD. I want to find someone who could develop them using some sort of better technology to bring out the best of them. Admittedly I was an amateur, shooting from the 17th row....sneaking up when the goons weren't looking.

My ticket stub was torn in the wrong spot, so it doesn't show the date or anything, maybe they did that with "comps" dunno, but it was DavidZoso who figured out which date it was. Jimmy in White Dragon, Robert with the purple shirt.

When....(that's a long when) I get around to it, I'll post them for sure.

Hey darlin- your show was the 5th night on the 26th and the pics posted at the top are from the 3rd night- the 23rd just like sam- the webmaster said. The one show out of all the LA shows that boggles me is the second show on the 22nd and the 4th show on the 25th. A guy gave me pics from the 25th and it is one of the rare times on the '77 tour that Jimmy wore the black dragon suit and then after Over the Top/Moby Dick jimmy changed into the white dragon suit. Well these photos support this but the video footage from the 22nd supports this as well. Then I see Jimmy wearing the white dragon suit and playing Over the hills and far away- but he did that later in the show so he would have been in the white dragon suit which he is in the video clip but they didn't perform Over the hills on the 25th. All the clothes for JPJ, Plant and Bonzo are the same in the video clip as are the clothes in the pics labeled the 25th I have.

Jimmy wore the black dragon suit in 1977 at one or both of these LA shows plus the Largo 5-28 and Oakland 7-23 shows and in Tempe he wore the black dragon suit pants with a plain black t-shirt.

Hey darlin- your show was the 5th night on the 26th and the pics posted at the top are from the 3rd night- the 23rd just like sam- the webmaster said. The one show out of all the LA shows that boggles me is the second show on the 22nd and the 4th show on the 25th. A guy gave me pics from the 25th and it is one of the rare times on the '77 tour that Jimmy wore the black dragon suit and then after Over the Top/Moby Dick jimmy changed into the white dragon suit. Well these photos support this but the video footage from the 22nd supports this as well. Then I see Jimmy wearing the white dragon suit and playing Over the hills and far away- but he did that later in the show so he would have been in the white dragon suit which he is in the video clip but they didn't perform Over the hills on the 25th. All the clothes for JPJ, Plant and Bonzo are the same in the video clip as are the clothes in the pics labeled the 25th I have.

Jimmy wore the black dragon suit in 1977 at one or both of these LA shows plus the Largo 5-28 and Oakland 7-23 shows and in Tempe he wore the black dragon suit pants with a plain black t-shirt.

Hiya David, thanks. Too funny I can count on you to help my memories.

Like I just said in the Page book thread, they should have consulted you for his book.

I know of no one else who chronicled alllll those pics better than you. Seriously.

hey...Happy New Year! B)

Hiya David, thanks. Too funny I can count on you to help my memories.

Like I just said in the Page book thread, they should have consulted you for his book.

I know of no one else who chronicled alllll those pics better than you. Seriously.

hey...Happy New Year! B)

Thank you for the kind words. I give all the Glory to God for my attention to detail. I would have relished working on Jimmy's book. In fact I wrote Ross Halfin to let him know whenever I eventually finish my website that I wanted him to show Jimmy the website but I never got a reply.

Hey David,

And Happy Birthday as I can see on the page. Ross is a freaking jerk, he's probably got many pics from right HERE! I'm sure of it. He wants Jimmy allll to himself. I know he scans these boards.

You just need an agent. You and SAJ could collaborate .....I would buy it! And know almost all the info was correct.

When you do get that board up, make it so ppl can't copy, after all the work ya did on it.

:wave:

Hey David,

And Happy Birthday as I can see on the page. Ross is a freaking jerk, he's probably got many pics from right HERE! I'm sure of it. He wants Jimmy allll to himself. I know he scans these boards.

You just need an agent. You and SAJ could collaborate .....I would buy it! And know almost all the info was correct.

When you do get that board up, make it so ppl can't copy, after all the work ya did on it.

:wave:

would that be a surf board ??

Archived