It Might Get Loud voted best DVD of the year by Mojo

aen27

Don't know if this posted else where, but it's worth reading. (I bought the magazine last night, just because of it :D ) I retyped it for everyone. It's short, but so interesting, especially that that website is him and the new music :

It Might Get Loud has been selected as MOJO's DVD of the year. How do you feel about that?

There's been a lot of good stuff that's been out there is year so I'm pretty knocked out about it. Thanks a lot and please do thank everybody at the magazine.

What did the film set out to achieve?

The brief was to tell our individual stories in music. We're three very different people with different stories but there are common denominators, and I think you see that.

The film includes signs of new music from you, the tracks Embryo 1 and Embryo 2......

They were just sketches. In a way, I'm happy that I put a few sketches in there so that when people hear the finished versions they'll be able to see how the work developed. So many people told me they saw the film [so] I asked them wheather they saw the extras because there's a whole other acoustic track on there. But everyone I know downloaded it so they didn't see it. In fact, I got no feedback on that track at all!

Where did the acoustic number come from?

It was something I had in my little folio of things to come but I changed it around for the film. But it's just an acoustic version. When it finally surfaces it will be quite colored.

So 2011 is the year for new music?

Yes, it's got to be. The other thing I've been working on is a website [jimmypage.com] It will take 'til Christmas to sort it out. It will be up early next year.

Will this be a solo outing or will you work with other musicans?

Other musicans. I can't say who I'll be working with yet, but it will be quite varied.

Thanks. Obviously, those quotes are from Jimmy. Love the DVD and did see it in a theatre in NYC. Hopefully, he promises on new music for 2011 and the launching of his personal website. Looking forward to it and hope not to be let down. But, he said all of this himself!

What is the source of the interview?

Thanks. Obviously, those quotes are from Jimmy. Love the DVD and did see it in a theatre in NYC. Hopefully, he promises on new music for 2011 and the launching of his personal website. Looking forward to it and hope not to be let down. But, he said all of this himself!

What is the source of the interview?

The brand new Mojo (January 2011) with Freddie Mercury on the cover. Went with the little blurb about It Might Get Loud winning. He did this interview.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, he actually said all this himself! It sounds hopeful.

Thanks for taking the time to type this out and post it! Yes, great news. I thought the acoustic song was really good as it was, but will be wonderful to hear when more color is added, too.... and the completed Embryo songs and whatever else is on the horizon. The one that he opens with was so intense and perfect I can't imagine it being better,... but I can hardly wait for more :D

You all are very welcome. The interview is so small in the magazine, that you could almost miss it. I thought it was important enough to have up here. I am afraid to get my hopes up too, but I think he's really planning something. I am almost as curious about the site. I looked and it's just the register page still.

Archived