What does your band do ...

DMachine

My band just stops and expects me (drummer) to do something. I do carry a beat with the pedal and have a good time on the cymbals, but I also wait for others to join in and take part.

Who do you friends do with your band? Any interesting suggestions?

I have an analog delay pedal (on my guitar) set to maximum feedback. When I switch it on it goes into mad self-oscilation, & I can change the pitch by fidling with the delay time control. So I take care of the theramin stuff. The other guitarist is wearing a slide (for the descending slides in the chorus) & he wiggles it about on the strings to make seagull noises. The bassist rubbs his open strings to make odd noise & drones, & the singer goes "ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah!".

Oh, and the drummer tinkles his cymbals a bit too ;)

I have an analog delay pedal (on my guitar) set to maximum feedback. When I switch it on it goes into mad self-oscilation, & I can change the pitch by fidling with the delay time control. So I take care of the theramin stuff. The other guitarist is wearing a slide (for the descending slides in the chorus) & he wiggles it about on the strings to make seagull noises. The bassist rubbs his open strings to make odd noise & drones, & the singer goes "ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooah!".

Oh, and the drummer tinkles his cymbals a bit too ;)

That would be awesome ... :thumbsup:

Try figure skating and collecting biscuits in the shape of radios in an album made of suede.

Now THAT'S a thought! :nhl_checking:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We normally do a Whole Lotta Love medly which includes The Crunge and/or Cheap Sunglasses, Boogie Chillun, and a few others. Right after the second chorus of WLL (after "....Loooooooove), we bust into Cheap Sunglasses or The Crunge and then I start doing the theremin section.

We also do a rock star ending at the end of WLL as seen on The Song Remains the Same (minus the flaming symphonic gong :( ).

It's hard running the theremin and guitar is the same amp, well more of a pain in the ass because the theremin tends to pick up radio frequencies. So my solution is buying an amp just to run it but I also want to run it through an echo pedal or something to make it more accurate sounding.

Archived