THANK YOU ENGLAND, FOR

redrum

I could get lost in that remarkable photo; thanks jahfin. Strange how there only seem to be men on the street though, a city of men. Kind of like West Hollywood, but in a different way. :)

Thank you, England, for understatement and irony

http://www.anglotopia.net/anglophilia/british-speak-translation-chart-infographic/

And Colin Firth too, it almost goes without saying.

Edited by FireOpal

Horrible Histories, one of the funniest kids progs on telly

Boudica

Blackpool Rock

great old cities like York, Chester, Lancaster etc

George Formby

Elizabeth the 1st

Beating the Spanish Armada

Robin Hood

I may be from N. Ireland but I do have Anglo Saxon blood running through these veins

Edited by The_Minxter

SQ9Yx.jpg

West End London, 1949, Piccadilly Circus looking up Shaftsbury Avenue

I could get lost in that remarkable photo; thanks jahfin. Strange how there only seem to be men on the street though, a city of men. Kind of like West Hollywood, but in a different way. :)

It's a great picture.

I have spotted at least two women there (years of experience finally pay off) - far left person is a lady; and there is a lady emerging from the cigarette shop, probably having been sent to buy some pipe tobacco for her husband. I think there are a couple of ladies on the traffic island, crossing the road too, but hard to make out clearly.

Thank you England for decades of exceptionally beautiful and stylish cars: Bentley, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Jaguar

I spotted this stunning white Rolls on the highway recently, it stood out from the herd even about half a mile behind me. And until the Jag was recently restyled by its new Indian owners, it also was so distinctive (regardless of the model) that you could spot it from a ways off and not mistake it for anything else. That said, the new XK is quite sexy. So "Thank you, India."

What does it cost to ride? I mean in american dollars? And is it more or less than their bus's or subway?

I don't know, I don't go to London that often and the last time was in 2008. I think it was around £4 for a day ticket for zones 1 and 2 which would be about $6.30.

I don't know, I don't go to London that often and the last time was in 2008. I think it was around £4 for a day ticket for zones 1 and 2 which would be about $6.30.

Thanks Ady. I went to a dr office two weeks ago and met this lady that has been to London. And she saw Led Zeppelin at the Omni in Atlanta in 77. Anyway, I told her my friend is about 150 miles from London. she made a comment, "oh that is still part of London basically". I am sure you all would not agree with that statement. I will have to ask my eye Dr as he worked in England for several years. But how many miles roughly do you live from London?

Thanks Ady. I went to a dr office two weeks ago and met this lady that has been to London. And she saw Led Zeppelin at the Omni in Atlanta in 77. Anyway, I told her my friend is about 150 miles from London. she made a comment, "oh that is still part of London basically". I am sure you all would not agree with that statement. I will have to ask my eye Dr as he worked in England for several years. But how many miles roughly do you live from London?

London has a Radius of approx 20 miles...

Travel prices vary depending on how many zones you cross £8.40- £20.20 for zones 1-9 peak time

off peak £7.00- £15.20. About 32 dollars at the highest...

So thank you England for charging a fortune for a crap public transport system...

Edited by Fool In The Rain 60

-Fawltey Towers

-The movie Snatch

-Steve Thomas (Born in Stockport England moved to Toronto and eventually became a Toronto Maple Leaf hockey player)

-Imported Beer so I can mix it up once in a while, cheers

-I am hoping the latest generation of the royal family prove to be pretty cool folks.

About 90 miles north. It's definitely not part of London! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...