Easiest Zep Song to Play on Guitar?

xAsylum

I've only been playing for a day but I learned Seven Nation Army and Smoke on the Water so far, and I was just wondering the easiest song to play. I feel like I'm a quick learner, so please

help me out here and give me a few songs :]

Thanks

I've only been playing for a day but I learned Seven Nation Army and Smoke on the Water so far, and I was just wondering the easiest song to play. I feel like I'm a quick learner, so please

Thanks

Whole lotta love is easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Do you play the solo to Smoke yet ??

I wouldn't call Immigrant Song or Misty Mt Hop easy for a beginner. Granted someone would get to that level pretty fast.

Even the WLL intro riff can be tricky for someone just beginng.

Just thinkin back top when I was learning and how bad some of that stuff sounded, especially with all the bad tab out there.

I would recommend these.....

Bring It On Home

Tangerine

Communication Breakdown(sans solo)

Living Loving Maid

Custard Pie

Kashmir(If you have a chromatic tuner)

Livin Lovin Maid, custard pie, and houses of the holy are the easiest Id say. Moby Dick (dropped d), whole lotta love, four sticks, tangerine and how many more times arent too hard either. (if you take the violin bow parts out of hmmt).

I found a lot of Zeppelin quite difficult at first to make sound 'right' like on the albums, however after a year or two of working on the songs, they started coming together. When you learn a few songs the rest get a lot easier. The biggest things in nailing Page's sound is getting the bends and vibrato down on his electric guitar songs (use thin strings). and also getting used to different tunings and playing standard major chords quite often in the barre chord formation, but not actually barred - played with the thumb on the bass note--> this makes a substantial difference in the sound of the major chords, as the '5th' is taken out and you just hear an octave sound on the low end. One can learn a lot about Page's technique simply by watching the Danmarks Radio section of the live DvD. There are a lot of great closeups in t, and that group of songs (in particular communication breakdown and hmmt) are a very good place for a begginner to start. I would've listed Communication Breakdown as one of the easier ones, however I find most people have some difficulty playing the dominant 7 chords the way Page plays them during the chorus. If one just omits the dominant 7's and plays power chords on that part its a lot easier. But I would suggest going for the real way. That song is another good example of the need thumb the A chord during the verse/main riff, something a lot of guitarists overlook.

• 2 years later...

Thanks

Jeez, whare did I go wrong? I've been practising for 40 years and still trying to get things right. All I can say is.......... well done.

• 6 months later...

Rock n Roll was the first one I learnt.

Also, Stairway to Heaven is actually easier than people make out it is, if you just play the chords rather than the picky bits. (Completely forgotten the official musical name for picky bits rn)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Also, Stairway to Heaven is actually easier than people make out it is, if you just play the chords rather than the picky bits. (Completely forgotten the official musical name for picky bits rn)

Without the arpeggios it wouldn't be Stairway to Heaven. Maybe Chair-o-Matic to Heaven or Escalator to Heaven.

• 1 month later...

Archived