Magazines and Articles by Roger Berlin

Thanks for posting that - interesting reading.

I got into Led Zep as a kid just as they broke up. I never knew them live, just listened to the albums, which I did intently. I didn't know much about their reputation either and am always perplexed why this is always the first question they're asked about.

It particularly irks me when they're asked about 'wild man John Bonham'. Nothing about his contribution to rock drumming, which you could argue is unsurpassed, or about his contribution to the Zep sound. And he's always described as someone who just hit the skins hard, never mind that a lot of his playing is actually technically very difficult to play. That Letterman interview - 'why didn't you just get another drummer?' - might as well have been 'why didn't you just get another Hendrix.' What a tw@.

It's no wonder they don't do so many interviews, but here is the music press, not the mainstream media, and their first question is about the drugs, not the music.

Thanks for posting that - interesting reading.

I got into Led Zep as a kid just as they broke up. I never knew them live, just listened to the albums, which I did intently. I didn't know much about their reputation either and am always perplexed why this is always the first question they're asked about.

It particularly irks me when they're asked about 'wild man John Bonham'. Nothing about his contribution to rock drumming, which you could argue is unsurpassed, or about his contribution to the Zep sound. And he's always described as someone who just hit the skins hard, never mind that a lot of his playing is actually technically very difficult to play. That Letterman interview - 'why didn't you just get another drummer?' - might as well have been 'why didn't you just get another Hendrix.' What a tw@.

It's no wonder they don't do so many interviews, but here is the music press, not the mainstream media, and their first question is about the drugs, not the music.

Yeswave.gif

cheer.gif I have this, I have thischeer.gif

Teens Magazine from 1975 and two other Magazines.

Thank you very, very so much Bob,

for the Presence

You my US friend.

We see us.

Rogerwave.gif

p.s. I working

Hallo Roger Led Zeppelin Museum of Print Berlin!! you are welcome my comrade in the glory of led zeppelin magazine culture!! BRAVO! bk

Archived