Black Country Communion News Updates (2010-2011)

SteveAJones

• Administrators

Black Country Communion to Release Rip-Roaring Double Concert CD "Live Over Europe" on February 28, 2012

BCC to go back into the studio for third record this Summer

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Country Communion, the English-American rock band featuring the talents of bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Trapeze, Black Sabbath), blues rock guitarist/vocalist Joe Bonamassa, drummer Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin), and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater), will release their first concert CD Live Over Europe on February 28, 2012 on the J&R Adventures imprint. This 2-disc CD follows up the October 2011 release of the 2-disc DVD by the same name. The album is available for pre-order at: www.bccommunion.com. Get your free download of the single "Cold" from the live album at: http://bitly.com/BCCPRERORDER.

Recently named by Eddie Trunk and co-hosts as "Best New Band of the Last 10 Years" on VH1 Classic's That Metal Show, BCC taped Live Over Europe during its debut tour in the summer of 2011. On the album, the band blazes through 17 tracks, recorded in surround over three nights, playing to packed venues in Hamburg, Munich and Berlin. The set list includes songs from both of BCC's albums – 2010's self-titled debut and 2011's sophomore release 2 - including "Black Country," "One Last Soul," "Save Me," "Man In The Middle," "Cold," and "Song of Yesterday." Also included in the mix is "The Ballad Of John Henry," from Bonamassa's 2009 solo album and the Deep Purple classic "Burn."

Producer Kevin Shirley explains, "We saw that this live act could be an awesome force of nature to behold; one that promised legendary performances like those of our heroes of Classic Rock. The plan was to get them out there for the entire world to hear. Records allow a certain musical finesse, but live performance promises so much in the very transient nature of a gig; chances are taken, boundaries are crossed and the most exciting performances explode. Two studio albums built a repertoire big enough for a full concert which allowed us to unleash the monster for all the world to see and feel."

Guitar World named BCC's 2 as #12 in their Top 50 Albums of 2011. In November, BCC scooped up the Breakthrough Award at the Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards. ClassicRockRevisited.com called BCC the "Great Last Hope for Classic Hard Rock."

BCC debut tour took the band around the world, playing to cities in North America and Europe.On June 10, at Anaheim, CA's Grove of Anaheim, The Orange County Register exclaimed, "The four members of BCC truly recast the heavy rock of the '60s and '70s and yank it into the 21st century as well as anyone in recent memory."

Live Over Europe Track List:

Disc 1

1. Revolution of the Machine

2. Black Country

3. One Last Soul

4. Crossfire

5. Save Me

6. The Battle For Hadrian's Wall

7. Beggarman

8. Faithless

9. Song of Yesterday

10. I Can See Your Spirit

Disc 2

11. Cold

12. The Ballad of John Henry

13. The Outsider

14. The Great Divide

15. Sista Jane

16. Man In The Middle

17. Burn

• 7 months later...

Palladia is playing BCC tonight. Right Now!!

Other scheduled air dates.

Vh1 – PALLADIA will Premier Black Country Communion’s New DVD – Live Over Europe

Scheduled Air Date(s)

10/22/2011 09:00:00 P Saturday

10/22/2011 12:00:00 A Saturday

10/23/2011 04:00:00 P Sunday

10/26/2011 04:00:00 P Wednesday

10/27/2011 11:00:00 P Thursday

11/01/2011 02:00:00 A Tuesday

11/06/2011 01:00:00 P Sunday

11/11/2011 07:00:00 P Friday

11/17/2011 04:00:00 A Thursday

Thanks for posting the air times. Palladia is great!

A feud between Glenn Hughes and Joe Bonamassa is apparently behind the cancellation of Black Country Communion’s only scheduled show in the UK — and might yet be the end of the rock supergroup.

Hughes, who previously served as frontman for both Black Sabbath and Deep Purple, has already expressed frustration that Black Country Communion has had to delay touring behind its forthcoming Afterglow project because of on-going commitments relating to Bonamassa’s solo career. The offed show in England apparently represents an escalation in that argument.

[sOMETHING ELSE! SNEAK PEEK: We've posted three videos with behind-the-scenes footage and interviews from the sessions for Black Country Communion's October 2012 release 'Afterglow.']

Black Country Communion, which also includes keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater) and drummer Jason Bonham (The Who), burst onto the rock scene in 2010 with the Top 20 hit Black Country. 2011′s 2 followed, and it rose to No. 6 in America while topping the rock albums list in the UK. The group released Live Over Europe late last year.

But Bonamassa has been just as busy, issuing three solo projects and a collaboration with Beth Hart over the same period — not to mention Beacon Theatre: Live from New York. He just issued a video for the solo song “Dislocated Boy,” as well.

Overnight, things apparently came to a head, as Bonamassa tweeted: “I am very sorry about the Black Country Communion canceled gig. But principle still stands for something in 2012. I ready to move on.”

Hughes retweeted Bonamassa’s comment last night and added his own: “Me, too.” Earlier in the week, as Hughes went through rehearsals for a Jim Marshall tribute show in London with Yngwie Malmsteen, he’d already admitted: “Been a rough week.”

BCC producer Kevin Shirley (Aerosmith, Iron Maiden and Journey) has also joined the fray, posting this on Facebook: “I like to leave these things alone, but I feel an apology is in order. When you’re thrown a lifeline, it doesn’t serve you to steal the rope! And tweeting doesn’t make it history, or true.”

Afterglow is due October 29, 2012 in the UK, and on the 30th in America.

http://somethingelse...ntry-communion/

Jasonn Bonham - the who ?

Several days ago all threads relating to Black Country Communion on Joe Bonamassa's forum were removed.

Now Black Country Communion's website link to its own forum (and it appears all its content) have been removed, as has the tab for shows.

:black_eye::(

Well that just stinks. Someone on youtube sent me a tweet from Hughs a few days ago where he said he just kinda "Made a big deal out of nothing" or something to that effect. Now it seems things are falling apart. A big time shame as they are a damn good group.

As a fan of both Joe & BCC I am very disappointed to hear about this feud between Joe & Glenn as posted by MJC455 above, but if the reason is due to the fact that Glenn is frustrated over the fact that any touring to support Afterglow has been delayed because of Joe's solo career- well I'm sure that when Joe & Glenn got together to form BCC that it had to be discussed at the time that Joe would always put his solo career first, so if this is the case I tend to side w/ Joe on this. I do hope though that they find a compromise & continue BCC as I would love to see them live!

As a fan of both Joe & BCC I am very disappointed to hear about this feud between Joe & Glenn as posted by MJC455 above, but if the reason is due to the fact that Glenn is frustrated over the fact that any touring to support Afterglow has been delayed because of Joe's solo career- well I'm sure that when Joe & Glenn got together to form BCC that it had to be discussed at the time that Joe would always put his solo career first, so if this is the case I tend to side w/ Joe on this. I do hope though that they find a compromise & continue BCC as I would love to see them live!

Agreed. And as with you I'm a fan of both. I'm sure they could sit down and hash this thing out if they really tried. Theres no reason to throw away such an up and coming band over petty bickering IMO. I think both sides have legit complaints but they can be worked out. Fingers crossed here.

I'm also saddened at this situation, truly amazing band. Their second album completely blew me away. I kind of figured something was up when a few months back on their Facebook page they were asking who people would want to see if certain members couldn't make it (they said it was completely hypothetical of course). Joe obviously sees it as a bit of fun on the side and not his 'day job,' I wonder if they approached it from that angle but given the great reception they received Glenn thought they could be more than a part time band.

In some ways it's a shame that Joe can't commit to more shows but I also think the fact that they didn't tour a huge amount also helped them in the sense that it always seemed like a special event. It seems that it's over now or at least BCC Mark I is unless all this gets resolved.

As far as replacements for Joe I think Jimmy could pull it of easily because Joe is obviously so hugely influenced by him. If by some miracle Jimmy would do it then I think it would be better (no disrespect to Joe, I'm a HUGE fan of his but I think even he'd admit that Jimmy is the master). However, I think there's as much likelihood of Jimmy joining BCC as there is a pig taking flight. Personally I'd rather they just call it quits. I feel fortunate I was able to see them in London last year.

I'm not sure who could replace Joe, Jimmy obviously would be fantastic. I think Slash is busy doing his own stuff, but Doug Aldrich could work.

But the vibe I'm getting is that this situation is going down hill fast. Now that could change of course (and I hope it does). But for right now I'd say BCC is in limbo.

Black Country Communion - 'Afterglow'

bcc_afterglow.jpgJ&R / Fontana

Release date: October 30, 2012

Format: CD

Afterglow, may be the last album we see from Black Country Communion. Bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes said in a recent interview, "I hate to break it to you, but it just may be, because I need to be in a band that tours on a regular basis." Hughes (ex-Deep Purple,) guitarist Joe Bonamassa, keyboardist Derek Sherinian (ex-Dream Theater) and drummer Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin Experience) got together in 2009. Afterglow is their third studi album.

Interesting news , indeed. I wonder if it was purposely titled, Afterglow (instead of III). I do hope they can work things out and focus on the work they've already done, the success they've already accomplished with their first two efforts and the fans who want to support them. If touring was the reason given, whey can't they just make up, tour later (2013) together and gi :bubble: ve the fans around the globe their best. Those miles together on the tour may draw them closer together and give them some new material to draw new experiences to co-write together...

Just my opinion...

...this may also possibly explain why Jason wasn't at the press conference (as he might not have wanted reporters asking him about the future of BCC and/or to take focus away from the Celebration Day release (and/or to fuel the fire with reporters focusing on questions of a tour - with all 4 present)... Just speculation (of course)...

Besides making a few bucks and selling a few albums, what brought these guys together in the first place? They seemed to me a little like Chickenfoot, just a bunch of guys with a little name recognition out for a payday. Nothing wrong with that of course but is anyone really surprised that Joe B is moving on? He probably does better financially on his own.

Not sure if this is the case Zooma, but I see your point. They're so much better than Chickenfoot. As good as Joe is from CF, JB is much better. Not as much flash and effects. More like Beck or Page with a great blues background. I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Archived