Black Country Communion News Updates (2010-2011)

SteveAJones

Last night at the Pageant In St. Louis was needless to say, an amazing expierence. The band was tight, mistake-free. Just simply amazing music, musicianship at its finest. Really lowered my respect for a lot of the wannabes out there. Joe was just perfect, Jason was spot on all night and Glenn Hughes ran that stage showing the expierence. Me and my brother got to meet Jason and Joe before the show. then met all 4 of them after the show, got them to sign BC1 Booklet, and I got jason to sign the stick be broke a few weeks ago at the zep expierence in KC. Then he gave us a stick he played last night, signed as well. Jason told us there would be another zep expierence tour in the fall and it would be full of obscure songs this time around, and was going to definitely be for the 'die hards'.

I shall post pics soon!

Very cool...

The new "Black Country Communion 2" really rocks and sounds great! I wish these guys would come to Texas. :(

On Rockline Glenn Hughes said they would make a comeback to the U.S. next year, I want to see them too. :rolleyes:

Saw Purple Led last night at the 9:30 club in Washington, DC.

Glenn Hughes is a front man, rock poses and all, thinks he is playing to 55,000 but ya gotta love it. Bonham can play the drums, last time I saw him was either at Hammerjacks in Baltimore or on the Outrider tour, can't remember which was last or first. Joe B. rips it up and keyboard Danny wears his sunglasses on his head for the whole gig checking out the crowd.

Good show, fun times, impressive grooves, lightly attended, band came on after 8pm and was off stage before 10pm. Go see them, you will not be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Glenn Hughes: Black Country Communion DVD Coming Soon

New supergroup Black Country Communion haven't played that many shows yet, so fans who haven't seen them live yet got some good news from bassist Glenn Hughes via Twitter this week.

"Yes puppies: we are filming Blu-Ray on tour..will be released in October: we are building a foundation: GH"

• 2 weeks later...

Austria's Mulatschag TV conducted and interview with Jason Bonham when Black Country Communion played in Vienna, Austria on July 16, 2011 at the Vienna State Opera House. I looked around, if this has been posted somewhere already on the board, sorry...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Austria's Mulatschag TV conducted and interview with Jason Bonham when Black Country Communion played in Vienna, Austria on July 16, 2011 at the Vienna State Opera House. I looked around, if this has been posted somewhere already on the board, sorry...

what a great interview, this is the most i've heard Jason. Of course we knew we could play the drums but he sounds like a great guy. I'm glad he found a band he is happy with. I look forward to checking out BCC.

• 3 weeks later...

Palladia is playing BCC tonight. Right Now!!

Other scheduled air dates.

Vh1 – PALLADIA will Premier Black Country Communion’s New DVD – Live Over Europe

Scheduled Air Date(s)

10/22/2011 09:00:00 P Saturday

10/22/2011 12:00:00 A Saturday

10/23/2011 04:00:00 P Sunday

10/26/2011 04:00:00 P Wednesday

10/27/2011 11:00:00 P Thursday

11/01/2011 02:00:00 A Tuesday

11/06/2011 01:00:00 P Sunday

11/11/2011 07:00:00 P Friday

11/17/2011 04:00:00 A Thursday

• 2 months later...

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION To Record Third Album In June - Jan. 4, 2012

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, the English-American rock supergroup featuring the talents of bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, TRAPEZE, BLACK SABBATH), blues rock guitarist/vocalist Joe Bonamassa, drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN), and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER), will enter the studio in June to begin recording its third album for a late 2012 release.

In a recent interview with Artisan News, Hughes stated about BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION's musical evolution, "We just did two albums back to back, both successful records. And our live DVD is out now.

"We're really, really happy with the progress of where we're going musically. So we're sort of on course now."

Regarding the sound of the forthcoming BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION CD, Hughes said, "It's kind of a continuation… There's gonna be some darker stuff on there, because the lyrics I'm writing are kind of dark. There may be some moments of drama in there — I like drama in the music. So the songs I have ready are definitely a continuation of [the first and the second albums]."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived