Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
indigomoonbeam

Appreciation for Jimmy Page's Musical Legacy

How does one define a "real fan"? Is someone that considers "Stairway" their favorite song somehow considered a lesser fan for their choice? Just asking because I've never understood what is meant by the term "real fan".

There are lots of people who say I like this band only because others like to hear them saying this (Zappa about Rolling Stone fans).

The hits of Led Zeppelin are a part of the band but we all know the stories about the circumstances .

ALS is for lots of "real fans" the masterpiece, while you do not find it so often written on a hitlist of mainstream listeners.

Stairway is a masterpiece but it is a part of a whole record."The battle" and "Levee" are great numbers that an "unreal fan" probably don´t even know.

I like Jimmy's sound without having to analyze and argue the finer points. I just enjoy it! B)

Which one ? He´s got so many.

There is no reason for an argue as long as you are not into this drug of music and the dealer

is going to let you wait.

Apart from that : What the h... was going on during the mix of the bbc session ? Why did Jimmy

turn his great guitarsound (compare the official sound with the radio version!!) into a flat one ?

But to write down something nice about his pastzeppelin work : The "In my time of dying" version of the DVD is really the best

(I thought even before the release) and the sound is fantastic.So thanks alot Jimmy .

Which one ? He´s got so many.

There is no reason for an argue as long as you are not into this drug of music and the dealer

is going to let you wait.

Apart from that : What the h... was going on during the mix of the bbc session ? Why did Jimmy

turn his great guitarsound (compare the official sound with the radio version!!) into a flat one ?

But to write down something nice about his pastzeppelin work : The "In my time of dying" version of the DVD is really the best

(I thought even before the release) and the sound is fantastic.So thanks alot Jimmy .

Is it just me but I have always found "IMTOD" goes on to long by 2 mins on "PG" I love the middle section, uptempo slide stuff,(some of Jims finest) but the intro slow part goes on to long for me, always have thought that ( to repetitive) . Its the one song in their catologue that would have done with editing.................IMHO I might add.

If they lopped of 2 mins this would and could be their finest moment, but as it isnt, "ALS" is the summit with "Kashmir", and without JPJ's arranging of strings and keyboard playing, "Kashmir" too would have been to long and repititive, but because of those soaring string arrangements the track takes us into another world. Don't get me wrong "Page's riff is iconic but 8/9 mins of just that without the arranging would be hardwork.

Edited by leddy

Is it just me but I have always found "IMTOD" goes on to long by 2 mins on "PG" I love the middle section, uptempo slide stuff,(some of Jims finest) but the intro slow part goes on to long for me, always have thought that ( to repetitive) . Its the one song in their catologue that would have done with editing.................IMHO I might add.

If they lopped of 2 mins this would and could be their finest moment, but as it isnt, "ALS" is the summit with "Kashmir", and without JPJ's arranging of strings and keyboard playing, "Kashmir" too would have been to long and repititive, but because of those soaring string arrangements the track takes us into another world. Don't get me wrong "Page's riff is iconic but 8/9 mins of just that without the arranging would be hardwork.

I understand what you think.I got the same feeling about " In the evening".This song is diffrent onstage cause Jimmy phrases and makes "mistakes"?!? so the guitar

is not so monoton like the studioversion.But I cannot agree about IMTOD .There was an energy -a groove builded up ,Robert powered his voice ...so all that

needed time to reach the climax.