Who thinks they will tour?

Plant has always been about pushing towards new frontiers, not re living the past. The whole idea was to pay respects to Ahmet Ertegun, and to make Jason's mom happy (according to Robert)

Zeppelin was a product of the 1970's

they accomplished doing a 'proper' reunion gig, to set the record straight.

I don't think Plant has much interest in singing zeppelin songs every night,

when he sounds so great singing with Allison Krauss.

anyways, he said after this gig, "I'm going to hoe toe it back to Allison."

but really, I'm sorry, I can't imagine Robert is gonna wanna try to sing Zeppelin songs night after night.

only time will tell*********

shes basically the yoko ono of Zeppelin.... she killed the beatles, no Allison is ruining their tour chances..... I hate to find fault with anything Plant does, but he should dump her for the tour. Like right now.

good point.

I don't think they'll do a Krauss/Plant tour, with ony one album, eh, it's hard to believe, but I'm going for a zepp tour, anyway, anywhere and anytime and anyhow.

I dont think they will .....maybe a couple of shows over the years but no tour. My opinion is that this was the emotional bookend that completes the story. I cant see them performing regularly...It was a magical moment...like some dream when you get to commune with dearly loved relative who died too young. It was a moment to cherish...for all those who thought it would not be Zep they were wrong! The dvd will be release though..that is for sure.

I cant see anymore zeppelin happening. And this seems like a good way to go out.

Shame for us all who couldnt be there last night, shame for Jason Bonham, shame for JP, cause he clearly wants it to carry on.

But just as clearly, Plant is not interested! And you can't knock him for it. He's been there, done it.

What a show it was! Phenomenal. I must admit, I secretly hope this was it. But let's not be naive. A lot of the hype, the re-releases, the build-up is orchestrated. The whole notion of a one-off is part of the hype. Of course they will tour. A 2 hour tribute? Come on, this is all way too expensive to put on for just one show.

Plant has always been about pushing towards new frontiers, not re living the past. The whole idea Zeppelin was a product of the 1970's

How can you say that? Last night wasn't about some dusty thing from the past.

Zeppelin are as big as relevant today as they've always been, scrub that, they're bIGGER than they've ever been.. Probably more 'now' than any other band on the planet.

They'll tour. How can Planty turn his back on LZ after last night? I don't think he possibily can.

How can you say that? Last night wasn't about some dusty thing from the past.

Zeppelin are as big as relevant today as they've always been, scrub that, they're bIGGER than they've ever been.. Probably more 'now' than any other band on the planet.

They'll tour. How can Planty turn his back on LZ after last night? I don't think he possibily can.

Quite easily. He's BEEN there already! How many LZ gigs do you think he's done? Thousands. He just just doesnt need it

Quite easily. He's BEEN there already! How many LZ gigs do you think he's done? Thousands. He just just doesnt need it

We'll see about that... I think the emotional condom he was wearing broke last night. Even the media who has never given this band it's due is going ga ga over the potential of a tour. Anything short of additional shows would be an epic letdown.

You can bet that Jimmy isn't about to put the genie back in the bottle just yet....

I am hoping they will tour!! It would literally be the BIGGEST tour of all time. From a money making aspect, they'd be silly not to do it. Obviously, Jimmy Page is ready and willing. I think Jonesy and Jason would be a go.

Pleeeease Robert..... you are awesome!! You know you want to!!!

I think they will play some more shows. In what capacity, I can't guess, but only hope. I believe most would agree that an extensive world tour is improbable. However, I get the vibe that they're open to more than just this one show at this point.

I think their legacy is something that is very important. With this show (though I wasn't there), they seemed to have set it right. On one hand, ending it that way would be great. On the other, it would be a shame to not continue on a bit. Clearly-at their age and place in life- they are not looking to re-create 1975. But they seem to have proven they can reunite with energy and integrity.

Here's what I would love to see happen that I believe is within the realm of possibility:

Get back in the studio and record a new album (?!) All new stuff. I can't say I was a fan of Walking Into Clarksdale, but I believe that with the four of these guys together and with this new spark, they are capable of writing a solid full length release.

A couple of festivals with some other big names (I know some may disagree, but a one time show with Metallica would be about the biggest bill ever) and limited date world tour. I don't know much about tours/schedules, but if they make a few stops at each continent, that would be realistic. Even 4-5 shows in the U.S. (where I reside) would be fantastic. I'd go to either coast if I had to and would definitely love a Chicago show (only 6-7 hours away)

At any rate, I think a steady paced approach to writing a final, solid -but slightly more humble- chapter in their larger than life legacy could really be the icing on the cake.

shes basically the yoko ono of Zeppelin.... she killed the beatles, no Allison is ruining their tour chances..... I hate to find fault with anything Plant does, but he should dump her for the tour. Like right now.

Oh please!!! Allison is doing no such thing......their tour is already in the planning stages....besides, Robert can do both if he chooses to.........

I can't see them doing a full blown tour......a few shows (similar to what Cream) here and there....and that's it.

But I wonder...last night's show was so magnificant....wonder if there will be external & internal pressures to do at least a few more shows.

I don't see any shows on the near horizon though....Robert now has to get rested then get ready to tour with Allison next year. :)

I hardly doubt there is going to be a tour, just take a look at the Pink Floyd/Live 8 gig. They do one reunion, and all their naive fans just think they'll be back together to do a tour.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

Yeah but they sounded 10 000 better, and more relevant then Floyd did at the Live 8 gig.

Roger Waters had a lot trouble with his voice, and he still does at his solo tours.

I would be concerned their performance might suffer due to fatigue if it was a full blown tour. From what I've been able to see, last nights show was great and as someone said in this or another thread, it's a kind of the perfect bookend to the whole Led Zeppelin saga and things have now come full circle. I feel like I'm on the fence with this one: On one hand I want them to tour so I and others could see them, but I would hate to see them somehow tarnish their legacy. As much as it kinda sucks being born too late to see them, I certainly don't feel they owe me anything, and I'd be happy with a DVD of the concert. It'll be interesting to see what they do. We'll have to live with it either way, but I'm happy that last night seems to have gone really well! :D I think it could happen, but it wouldn't be fair for Robert to just dump Alison Krauss and not tour with her. Now if they did a shorter tour in the spring, maybe we could see a few Zep shows sometime in the summer?

Yeah but they sounded 10 000 better, and more relevant then Floyd did at the Live 8 gig.

Roger Waters had a lot trouble with his voice, and he still does at his solo tours.

Saw Waters at the Hollywood Bowl last October. Magnificent! Besides, Waters isn't so much a singer as an emoter. :beer:

Archived