Who thinks they will tour?

I do think they might end up doing some shows... something about it will be unique as that is Led Zeppelin.. or at least I hope they do.

Should they do more shows? Hell Yeah IMO.

I would say small venues, like the 02 or smaller. And let the rest of the people in the ballot have the opportunity to purchase tickets first at the locations closest to their areas.

Should Robert Tour w/ Alison? Hell Yeah, I love that album. I can't wait for the tour.

So maybe we have to wait for the LZ tour to happen after Raising Sand.

I believe they will tour...and they will sound a lot better, not that they didn't sound good, but with a few shows under there belt and Jimmy's broken finger heals...they will be on the road and we will all be smiling.

See you at Madison Square Garden or Yankee Stadium or Giant Stadium or all three! :D

There's just one little problem with what you said...

Roger Waters wants to tour.

And maybe after last night's success, Led Zeppelin will want to as well. I know Pagey does. He's wanted to for decades. I'm the last bastard on the planet to say they owe us anything, but if they wanna come to LA, I won't be complaining! As long as it's what they unanimously want to do. As long as they're inspired and driven.

Interesting Observation

After listening to all the clips from last night, and listening to a lot of recent Robert Plant live material, I came to the conclusion that Robert Plant could have easily brought it together "one last time" and sang the songs in their original key.

Sure there may have been a few rough or strained parts, but I think that for one night he could have done it. ( plus I think some of the crucial primal screams could have been equipment enhanced. I'm not so sure they haven't been in previous shows already

ie How Many More Time from 98)

I do not think however he would be able keep it up night after night without it quickly taking it's toll on his voice.

One of the differences I noticed in Plant's singing is it seemed at times he was holding back a little ( keeping it sub primal).

So if this was a one time going out in glory show, why go through all the trouble of rewriting and relearning the music in a lower key?

One word. Sustainability

The bottom line, the only reason to go through all the trouble of lowering the key on a lot of the songs is to give Robert the ability to sing the songs night after night.

If that's the case why not just lower the key for a tour and do it normal tonight????

The reason is to establish their new sound, and see how well it goes over.

If people started saying "man lowering to key ruined it!" Then it would be a one Off.

If people are ok with it and all else goes well, then we could see a tour.

Who'd be Robert Plant at the moment? He's a man with tuely the weight of the world on his shoulders. Every fan and journalist in the world is looking at him knowing that the tour hangs on his say so.

Would you want to / be able to say no?

how about this, a limited tour, maybe only 15 or 20 dates...

but at the biggest venues and festivals in the world.

Reading, roskilde etc in europe

bonnaroo, Coachella, maybe the big thing happening in vineland this summer for the US

the bisgones in mexico and brazil

australia and asia (theres a few big rock things there every year right?), then back to england for something of there own at the end of the summer...

The Zeppelin festival or something.

really only about 15 actual dates, gives Plant time to heal his voice between gigs, ample rehearsals etc. also keeps most of thier sets around the 2 hr mark

Archived