Jahfin

Here's some I'm looking forward to in 2011:

R.E.M. Collapse Into Now

R.E.M. Lifes Rich Pageant (Reissue)

U2 Songs of Ascent

U2 Achtung Baby (Reissue)

Joe Walsh I Used To Be A Plastic Bottle

Drive-By Truckers Go-Go Boots

Gregg Allman Low Country Blues (produced by T Bone Burnett)

Hayes Carll KMAG YOYO

Rush Clockwork Angels

Lucinda Williams Blessed

Pearl Jam Live On Ten Legs

Pearl Jam Vs. (Reissue)

Pearl Jam Vitalogy (Reissue)

The Baseball Project's Volume Two: High and Inside

Todd Snider Live: The Storyteller

Kasey Chambers Little Bird

New albums are also expected from these folks but none have titles yet:

Jayhawks

Wilco

Jimmy Page

Steve Earle (produced by T Bone Burnett)

Kathleen Edwards

Megafaun

ZZ Top (the album they've been promising for quite some time now that's produced by Rick Rubin and includes a guest appearance from The Black Keys)

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit

Albums and EPs are expected from these bands:

Graveyard, Pentagram, Spiders, The Shrine.

American release of Adrift by Wino. Magnus Pelander is at the moment in the studio working on the debut solo album so hopefully that gets released this year. New Jayhawks and Wlco sounds nice didn't know about that.

New Jayhawks and Wlco sounds nice didn't know about that.

The new Jayhawks album (due sometime this Spring or Summer) will include the original lineup. You can read more about it here. Wilco's new record, possibly to be issued on their own label since parting with Nonesuch, is due sometime during the first half of this year. There's more info on that at this link.

Well, I ended up listening to most of the albums released last year by surprise but this time there's a few I'm looking forward to.

R.E.M. - Collapse Into Now

Iron & Wine - Kiss Each Other Clean (coming out in less than a month actually)

New TCV album

New Radiohead album

That's all I can think for now to be honest.

Completely forgot of the new Fleet Foxes album they've been working on that album for a while now hope it does get released this year.

I totally forgot about that one too. I recall hearing that they were first going to release it in 2010 but it got pushed back a bit so I think it coming out this year is quite reasonable.

I just saw Opeth is gonna start recording their 10th album starting this winter. I think they're past their glory days, but I'm still looking forward to this none the less.

And now that Adam Yauch (MCA) is over his cancer battle, maybe we'll see one or both of the Beastie Boys' "Hot Sauce Committee" albums.

New Album From Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit Coming April 12

Here We Rest, new album from Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, is set for an April 12th release on Lightning Rod Records. Here We Rest is the second album from Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, and Isbell’s third. Their 2009 self-titled debut received high praise from the press, including Rolling Stone, Spin, Paste, Blurt, Details, Washington Post and many more.

An Alabama native, Isbell comes from a tradition of Southern music. He proudly embraces his roots, which shine through in his songs and even in the title of the new album. Here We Rest was Alabama’s original motto. However, instead of resting comfortably within its boundaries, Isbell, along with keyboardist Derry deBorja, guitarist Browan Lollar, drummer Chad Gamble and bassist Jimbo Hart transcend them. His thoughtful songwriting and warm, soulful voice are genuine, natural abilities that come through in the music.

From the soulful heartache of “We’ve Met” and “Save It For Sunday” to the country-infused folk of “Alabama Pines” and “Daisy Mae” to the old school R&B of Candi Staton’s “Heart On A String”, Here We Rest is steeped in the best of southern American music. Isbell’s songs continue to reveal themselves the more you listen. From his lyrical depth to his vocals, his songs penetrate the heart and the mind, and stay with you. A true sign of great songwriting.

Here We Rest was produced by Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit and recorded at the legendary Fame Studios in Muscle Shoals, AL and at The NuttHouse in Sheffield, AL. Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit will be previewing the Here We Rest during South By Southwest in Austin, TX on March 17th. A full tour will follow the April release. Stay tuned for dates.

See track listing below.

Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit Here We Rest – Track Listing

1.) Alabama Pines

2.) Go It Alone

3.) We’ve Met

4.) Codeine

5.) Stopping By

6.) Daisy Mae

7.) The Ballad Of Nobeard

8.) Never Could Believe

9.) Heart On A String

10.) Save It For Sunday

11.) Tour Of Duty

There's at least three records coming out tomorrow that are on my radar, new studio albums from Gregg Allman (Low Country Blues) and the Decemberists (The King Is Dead) and Pearl Jam's new live one (Live On Ten Legs). You can listen to the Decemberists' The King Is Dead here and the Gregg Allman's Low Country Blues here. Here's a taste of the new Pearl Jam:

Any new albums coming out tomorrow that anyone else is looking forward to?

Mr. Big has a new album called What If... coming out soon. Mr. Big is a band with extremely talented musicians, but other than "To Be With You" (Mr. Big's only #1 hit - a midtempo acoustic love song) they've only received marginal fame. This is probably because of their songwriting which is a little run-of-the-mill. I looked at the single they released for the album, and it's alright but I'm not convinced the album's going to blow anyone's mind.

Archived