Jahfin

• 4 weeks later...

61c5ISs%2BK4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Press Release

Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns, the new album from acclaimed songwriter John Hiatt, will be released August 8th on New West Records. This is Hiatt’s 20th solo album and follows his acclaimed 2010 release, The Open Road, which the Los Angeles Times heralded as a “bluesy, heartland-soaked musical excursion,” while the Buffalo News declared it “a classic for the future”. Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns was recorded at Ben’s Studio in Nashville and was produced by Kevin Shirley (Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Black Crowes). In addition to Hiatt, the album features Kenneth Blevins on drums and percussion, Doug Lancio on electric guitars, mandolin and Hammertone and Patrick O’Hearn on bass guitar.

From Uncut.com:

Nirvana2510061_W.jpg

The full, extras-packed tracklistings for the Deluxe and Super Deluxe reissues of Nirvana's 1991 album 'Nevermind' have been revealed. Both will be released on September 26.

The 2CD Deluxe edition will contain a remastered cut of the original album plus B-sides as well as a CD featuring the Smart Studio Sessions, The Boombox Rehearsals and BBC Sessions.

The 4CD + DVD Super Deluxe edition will contain these two CDs, plus a CD of the previously unreleased The Devonshire Mixes and the previously unreleased Live At The Paramount Theatre from their 1991 Halloween gig in Seattle, footage of which will also be included on the DVD. The show is the only known Nirvana gig that was shot to film. The Deluxe edition will also be available on vinyl.

Only 10,000 copies of the Super Deluxe Version of the album will be released in North America, with another 30,000 for the rest of the world, including the UK.

'Nevermind' has sold over 30 million copies in the two decades since its release. It was the second studio album from Nirvana, the iconic grunge band made up of the late Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic and Foo Fighters mainman Dave Grohl.

The 20th anniversary of 'Nevermind' will also be marked by a series of as-yet-unannounced events.

The tracklistings are as below:

'Nevermind' – Deluxe Edition

CD One

Original Album

'Smells Like Teen Spirit'

'In Bloom'

'Come As You Are’

'Breed'

'Lithium'

'Polly'

'Territorial Pissings'

'Drain You'

'Lounge Act'

'Stay Away'

'On A Plain'

'Something In The Way'

The B-Sides

'Even In His Youth'

'Aneurysm'

'Curmudgeon'

'D-7' live At The BBC

'Been A Son' live

'School' live

'Drain You' live

'Sliver' live

'Polly' live

CD Two

The Smart Studio Sessions

'In Bloom' previously unreleased

'Immodium' (Breed) previously unreleased

'Lithium' previously unreleased

'Polly Previously' unreleased mix

'Pay To Play'

'Here She Comes Now'

'Dive' previously unreleased

'Sappy' previously unreleased

The Boombox Rehearsals

'Verse Chorus Verse' previously unreleased

'Territorial Pissings' previously unreleased

'Lounge Act' previously unreleased

'Come As You Are'

'Old Age' previously unreleased

'Something In The Way' previously unreleased

'On A Plain' previously unreleased

BBC Sessions

'Drain You' previously unreleased

'Something In The Way' previously unreleased

Super Deluxe Edition

CDs One And Two as above

CD Three

The Devonshire Mixes

'In Bloom'

'Come As You Are'

'Breed'

'Lithium'

'Territorial Pissings'

'Drain You'

'Lounge Act'

'Stay Away'

'On A Plain'

'Something In The Way'

CD Four

Live At The Paramount Theatre

'Jesus Doesn’t Want Me For A Sunbeam'

'Aneurysm'

'Drain You'

'School'

'Floyd The Barber'

'About A Girl'

'Polly'

'Breed'

'Sliver'

'Love Buzz'

'Lithium'

'Been A Son'

'Negative Creep'

'On A Plain'

'Blew'

'Rape Me'

'Territorial Pissings'

'Endless, Nameless'

DVD

Live At The Paramount Theatre

'Jesus Doesn’t Want Me For A Sunbeam'

'Aneurysm'

'Drain You'

'School'

'Floyd The Barber'

'About A Girl'

'Polly'

'Breed'

'Sliver'

'Love Buzz'

'Lithium'

'Been A Son'

'Negative Creep'

'On A Plain'

'Blew'

'Rape Me'

'Territorial Pissings'

'Endless, Nameless'

Music Videos

'Come As You Are Music'

'Lithium'

'In Bloom'

Bob Dylan, Jack White and Norah Jones Record Unheard Hank Williams Songs

New compilation will also feature Levon Helm, Alan Jackson and Sheryl Crow

By ROLLING STONE

main.jpg

Hank Williams

Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images

The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams, a new collection of previously unheard songs by the country great recorded by artists such as Bob Dylan, Jack White, Norah Jones and Levon Helm, will be released on October 4th. The set, which will be issued on Dylan's imprint Egyptian Records, was originally conceived by veteran A&R executive Mary Martin as a Dylan-centric project, but eventually evolved into a multi-artist tribute to the late singer-songwriter.

The songs featured in the set were rescued from notebooks left behind in a leather briefcase by Williams after he died in 1953 at the age of 29. The notes contained lyrics and song ideas that were finished by the 13 artists who contributed to the disc. The full story of Williams' notebooks will be told in the album's liner notes, which were penned by Michael McCall of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.

The full tracklisting for The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams is as follows:

Alan Jackson "You've Been Lonesome, Too"

Bob Dylan "The Love That Faded"

Norah Jones "How Many Times Have You Broken My Heart?"

Jack White "You Know That I Know"

Lucinda Williams "I'm So Happy I Found You"

Vince Gill and Rodney Crowell "I Hope You Shed a Million Tears"

Patty Loveless "You're Through Fooling Me"

Levon Helm "You'll Never Again Be Mine"

Holly Williams "Blue Is My Heart"

Jakob Dylan "Oh, Mama, Come Home"

Sheryl Crow "Angel Mine"

Merle Haggard "The Sermon on the Mount"

Thanks for sharing that. Love Hank Williams! Will have to check some of that out. No one can duplicate Hank's music and emotion in his music. Since these are songs that were never recorded, it should be very interesting. A true American musical legend who gets overlooked many times anymore. IMO.

Thanks for sharing that. Love Hank Williams! Will have to check some of that out. No one can duplicate Hank's music and emotion in his music. Since these are songs that were never recorded, it should be very interesting. A true American musical legend who gets overlooked many times anymore. IMO.

The last I'd heard, this was just a Dylan/Jack White project and I'd wondered what ever happened to it. I'll be interested in hearing it as well but I do have to wonder if it's in Sheryl Crow's contract to be on every tribute record known to man.

From SlicingUpEyeballs.com:

U2′s ‘Achtung Baby’ box set: 6 CDs, 4 DVDs, 2 LPs, 5 7-inches — and Bono’s fly shades

large.jpg

U2 will mark the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby with a massive 6CD/4DVD box set featuring remastered editions of the 1991 album and its 1993 follow-up Zooropa, five 7-inch singles, “re-workings of previously unheard material,” the “ZOO TV: Live From Sydney” concert film, a new documentary and a pair of Bono’s “Fly” sunglasses.

The Irish megaband today announced the 20 Years of Achtung Baby project, which will be released Oct. 31 in five different formats and will include “some previously unreleased songs” and the new documentary “From the Sky Down,” directed by Oscar-winner Davis Guggenheim (“An Inconvenient Truth”), who previously worked with The Edge in “It Might Get Loud.”

Rumored for some time, the expanded Achtung Baby reissue was confirmed in June when U2 manager Paul McGuinness told Rolling Stone, “There will be multiple formats. If you pile a lot of extra material and packaging and design work into a super-duper box set, there are people who will pay quite a lot for it, so you can budget it at a very high level and pump up the value.”

He wasn’t kidding. Although the group didn’t reveal tracklists (UPDATE: Tracklisting marked as “not final” has been posted by Universal Music; see it below), it detailed the five formats:

1.) Uber Deluxe Edition

• Limited, numbered set in a magnetic puzzled-tiled box
  • 6 CDs, including Achtung Baby, Zooropa, B-sides and “re-workings of previously unheard material recorded during the Achtung Baby sessions”
  • 4DVDs, including the previously released “ZOO TV: Live From Sydney,” the new “From the Sky Down” doc, all of the Achtung Baby videos and “bonus material”
  • 2LP, 180-gram vinyl pressing of Achtung Baby in wide-spine sleeve with 2x inner bag
  • 5 clear 7-inch vinyl singles in their original vinyl sleeve (although the titles aren’t specified, they’re presumably “The Fly,” “Mysterious Ways,” “One,” “Even Better Than the Real Thing” and “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”)
  • 16 art prints taken from the original album sleeve
  • 84-page hardback book
  • 1 copy of Propaganda fan-club magazine
  • 4 badges
  • 1 sticker sheet
  • 1 pair of Bono’s trademark “The Fly” sunglasses

2.) Super Deluxe Edition

• 6 CDs, including Achtung Baby, Zooropa, B-sides and “re-workings of previously unheard material recorded during the Achtung Baby sessions”
  • 4DVDs, including the previously released “ZOO TV: Live From Sydney,” the new “From the Sky Down” doc, all of the Achtung Baby videos and “bonus material”
  • 92-page hardback book
  • 16 art prints in a wallet

3.) Vinyl Box Set

• 4LPs, including two pressed on translucent blue vinyl containing remixes and B-sides
  • 16-page booklet

4.) Deluxe Edition

2CD set featuring the original album plus B-sides and “rarities”

5.) Standard CD

1CD edition featuring just the original album

Tracklist: U2, Achtung Baby: Uber Deluxe Edition (Tracklist not final)

CD1: Achtung Baby

1. “Zoo Station”

2. “Even Better Than The Real Thing”

3. “One”

4. “Until The End Of The World”

5. “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”

6. “So Cruel”

7. “The Fly”

8. “Mysterious Ways”

9. “Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World”

10. “Ultra Violet (Light My Way)”

11. “Acrobat”

12. “Love Is Blindness”

CD2: Zooropa

1. “Zooropa”

2. “Babyface”

3. “Numb”

4. “Lemon”

5. “Stay (Faraway, So Close!)”

6. “Daddy’s Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car”

7. “Some Days Are Better Than Others”

8. “The First Time”

9. “Dirty Day”

10. “The Wanderer”

CD3: Uber Remixes

1. “Night and Day” (Steel String Remix)

2. “Real Thing” (Perfecto Mix)

3. “Mysterious Ways” (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix)

4. “Lemon” (Perfecto Mix)

5. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” (Triple Peaks Remix)

6. “Lady with the Spinning Head” (Extended Dance remix)

7. “Real Thing” (V16 Exit Wound Remix)

8. “Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)

9. “The Lounge Fly”

10. “Mysterious Ways” (The Perfecto Remix)

11. “One” (Apollo 440) – Mix Master [s-109]

CD4: Unter Remixes

1. “Mysterious Ways” (Tabla Motown Remix)

2. “Mysterious Ways” (Appollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)

3. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” (Mystery Train Dub)

4. “One” (Apollo 440) – Ambient Master [s-109]

5. “Lemon” (Momo’s Reprise)

6. “Salome” (Zooromancer Remix)

7. “Real Thing” (Trance Mix)

8. “Numb” (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)

9. “Mysterious Ways” (Solar Plexus Magic Hour Remix)

10. “Numb” (The Soul Assassins Mix)

11. “Real Thing” (Apollo 440 Stealth Sonic Remix)

CD5: B-Sides and Bonus Tracks

1. “Lady With the Spinning Head (UV1)”

2. “Blow Your House” (Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711)

3. “Salome”

4. “Even Better Than the Real Thing” (Single)

5. “Satelite of Love”

6. “Wild Horses” (Temple Bar Remix)

7. “Heaven And Hell” (In Truth Mix 211711)

8. “Oh Berlin” (Analogue Mix 1 190711) [needs an edit]

9. “Near the Island” (instrumental) Night Train from Rostock

10. “Down All The Days” (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)

11. “Paint it Black”

12. “Fortunate Son”

13. “Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova”

14. “Where Did It All Go Wrong”

15. “Everybody Loves a Winner” (Edit Between Take 2+3)

16. “Real Thing” (Fish Out of Water Mix)

CD6: “Baby” Achtung Baby

1. “’Baby’ Zoo Station”

2. “’Baby’ Even Better Than The Real Thing”

3. “’Baby’ One”

4. “’Baby’ Until The End Of The World”

5. “’Baby’ Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”

6. “’Baby’ So Cruel”

7. “’Baby’ The Fly”

8. “’Baby’ Mysterious Ways”

9. “’Baby’ Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World”

10. “’Baby’ Ultra Violet (Light My Way)”

11. “’Baby’ Acrobat”

12. “’Baby’ Love Is Blindness”

Achtung Baby 12″ Vinyl

SIDE A

1. “Zoo Station”

2. “Even Better Than The Real Thing”

3. “One”

SIDE B

1. “Until The End of The World”

2. “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses*

3. “So Cruel”

SIDE C

1. “The Fly”

2. “Mysterious Way”

3. “Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World”

SIDE D

1. “Ultra Violet (Light My Way)”

2. “Acrobat”

3. “Love Is Blindness”

5 x 7-inch Vinyl Singles

1. “The Fly”

2. “Mysterious Ways”

3. “Even Better than the Real Thing”

4. “One”

05. “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”

DVD

1. “From The Sky Down” – A Documentary

2. Videos

3. Bonus Material

4. “ZOO TV: Live From Sydney” – The Concert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's some I'm looking forward to in 2011:

R.E.M. Collapse Into Now

R.E.M. Lifes Rich Pageant (Reissue)

U2 Songs of Ascent

U2 Achtung Baby (Reissue)

Joe Walsh I Used To Be A Plastic Bottle

Drive-By Truckers Go-Go Boots

Gregg Allman Low Country Blues (produced by T Bone Burnett)

Hayes Carll KMAG YOYO

Rush Clockwork Angels

Lucinda Williams Blessed

Pearl Jam Live On Ten Legs

Pearl Jam Vs. (Reissue)

Pearl Jam Vitalogy (Reissue)

The Baseball Project's Volume Two: High and Inside

Todd Snider Live: The Storyteller

Kasey Chambers Little Bird

New albums are also expected from these folks but none have titles yet:

Jayhawks

Wilco

Jimmy Page

Steve Earle (produced by T Bone Burnett)

Kathleen Edwards

Megafaun

ZZ Top (the album they've been promising for quite some time now that's produced by Rick Rubin and includes a guest appearance from The Black Keys)

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit

Not Southern Culture On The Skids? Nevermind I missed your earlier post.

From rollingstones.com:

Rolling_Stones_SG_box_mock.jpg

The Rolling Stones are pleased to announce the release on November 21, 2011 of the re-mastered, expanded, Super-Deluxe, Deluxe and Digital editions of Some Girls, the groundbreaking album which introduced the music of the Rolling Stones to a whole new generation of fans.

Justly considered one of the finest works by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman and Ronnie Wood, Some Girls topped the US charts over three decades ago and remains the best selling album of their storied career. This new package will include some undiscovered gems that include tracks that have recently been unearthed from the Rolling Stones vaults by producer Don Was. Further details of the tracks will be unveiled at a later date.

Some Girls is the Rolling Stones' most direct and diverse collection of material, from Mick Jagger's irresistible falsetto on the four-on-the-floor filler Miss You, their eighth US number one, to the country-flavoured Far Away Eyes via the Chuck Berry meets punk snarl of Respectable. And let's not forget the sensuous, Beast Of Burden, one of Keith Richards’ finest tunes, which reached number 8 on the US singles chart, the garage rock of Shattered, the album's third US Top 40 entry, and the soulful swagger of the group's version of The Temptations' Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me), another timeless offering in their canon of classic Stones Motown covers.

Following the critical praise and commercial success afforded the re-mastered, expanded editions of Exile On Main Street, which matched the chart performance of the epochal 1972 album, and returned the Rolling Stones to their rightful place at the top of the British charts in 2010, the extensive reissue of Some Girls constitutes the next step in the band's ongoing relationship with Universal Music Group. This started in April 2008 with Shine A Light, the soundtrack from the stunning concert film directed by Martin Scorsese, and has encompassed the reissues of the Rolling Stones re-mastered, post-1971 studio albums, several live albums and classic compilations, and the exhaustive box-set Singles 1971-2006 earlier this year.

Some Girls holds a special place in the history of the Rolling Stones and demonstrates why they remain one of the most thrilling and influential bands of all time. The 1978 album features a Keith Richards' classic Before They Make Me Run, a signature song he stills performs defiantly to this day. Some Girls documented Mick Jagger's love of 70’s funk reflected in Miss You, the dance track that wrongfooted many people, made the club and black charts, and made it okay for other mainstream acts at the time to ‘go disco’.

The 1978 album courted controversy because of Jagger's tongue-in-cheek lyrics on the title track, on Miss You and on Respectable, perceived as a retort to the punk and new wave groups who had borrowed so much attitude and copped so many anti-establishment moves from the Rolling Stones. Ironically, the furore around the elaborate Some Girls package, designed by Peter Corriston and featuring the band members in drag – a nod in the direction of the picture on their 1966 single Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow? – and likenesses of Lucille Ball, Farrah Fawcett, Raquel Welch, Judy Garland and Marilyn Monroe that hadn't been legally cleared, necessitating a swift withdrawal and rethink.

Some Girls demonstrated the distinctive and definitive riffing from Keith Richards, with its abundance of unstoppable licks and majestic power chords driving the band into its brand new musical direction. This album not only defined him and his playing, but also defined a new era for the Rolling Stones, which Richards since described as a ‘sense of renewal’. Some Girls marks the only other time since recording Satisfaction where Richards used an effects pedal to ‘elevate’ the sound.

The album cemented the position of guitarist Ronnie Wood, who had joined in 1975, and added his trademark slide and pedal steel playing to several of the album's most memorable tracks, including When The Whip Comes Down and Shattered. He also co-wrote the Shattered B-side Everything Is Turning To Gold. Some Girls also marked a move to the Pathé Marconi Studios in Paris for the Glimmer Twins production team of Jagger and Richards. These factors helped what is arguably the group's most focused and dynamic album, driven by the sans pareil rhythm section of drummer Charlie Watts and bassist Bill Wyman. Some Girls featured fewer guest musicians than any Rolling Stones albums since 1971, but the contributions keyboard-player Ian McLagan, Wood's bandmate in The Faces, saxophone-player Mel Collins, and harmonica-player Sugar Blue – discovered busking on the Paris métro – made Miss You in particular sound brighter than ever.

Amongst many eagerly-awaited extras, the Super-Deluxe edition of Some Girls will include a stunning, previously unseen Helmut Newton photo session from 1978, an essay by esteemed author and journalist Anthony DeCurtis putting the album in its cultural context, and a 7” single of Beast Of Burden/When The Whip Comes Down in its banned sleeve.

Thirty-three years on from its original release, the re-mastered, expanded, Super-Deluxe, Deluxe and Digital editions of Some Girls show why the 1978 album has often been hailed as the equal of Exile On Main Street. Some Girls is both a time capsule and a timeless listen. It features the band at their tightest and toughest, at their most vibrant and vital. It's an all-killer, no-filler, must-have album. It still packs a punch.

SOME GIRLS - now bigger, brighter and better than ever.

Some of these won't actually see the light of day in 2011 but I'm including them here in the name of new music in general.

The Making of Glossary's 2011 release Long Live All Of Us

The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams EPK

First six Cars albums get reissue treatment (Slicing Up Eyeballs blog)

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell Duet Album in the Works (LA Times)

Graham Nash Working On Massive Stephen Stills Box Set (Rolling Stone)

Lyle Lovett Releasing Covers Album in February (Rolling Stone)

Archived