Jahfin

164808-L.jpg

I had a chance to meet R.E.M. while they were recording in New Orleans about a year ago. Also, some of the sessions where done in Rome I believe, but they were the first band to record in a new section of the studio they had just renovated (I was mixing some stuff there at the time with an engineer who worked with them) All really nice guys. The singer (Michael Strive, Stife...however you spell his last name) was a little distant from the rest of the guys and had a problem with drinking the tap water. For whatever reason he prefered it over bottled water, but not in New Orleans....They were pleased with the sound of the new room they recorded in...Sadly, I still haven't gotten around to listening to it, (the album) but I will. I think they are a fine band.

His name is Michael Stipe, and you call yourself a "rock historian"? For shame...

164808-L.jpg

His name is Michael Stipe, and you call yourself a "rock historian"? For shame...

:hysterical::blahblah: Man, I'm so sorry for that. I just remembered, your the almighty GOD and knower of everything ...I love you. You should write a book.."the world according to JAHFIN". You win first place for constantly making the most ignorant, babbling, sarcastic, boring, arrogant, outspoken, annoying, unwanted, nerdy, anal, foolish, argumentive, narrow-minded, predictable comments on this entire site. I'm starting to be your biggest supporter, along with a big handful of others...keep it up-your miles ahead of everyone.

:hysterical::blahblah: Man, I'm so sorry for that. I just remembered, your the almighty GOD and knower of everything ...I love you. You should write a book.."the world according to JAHFIN". You win first place for constantly making the most ignorant, babbling, sarcastic, boring, arrogant, outspoken, annoying, anal, foolish, narrow-minded, predictable comments on this entire site. I'm starting to be your biggest supporter, along with a big handful of others...keep it up-your miles ahead of everyone.

You're the one that couldn't remember Michael Stipe's last name. If all else fails, that sort of info is just a mouse click away. Just sayin'....

(the singer) was a little distant from the rest of the guys and had a problem with drinking the tap water. For whatever reason he prefered it over bottled water, but not in New Orleans....

On most occasions I've read about Stipe there's reports of weird things he said or did, he hardly leaves people indifferent. All musicians are interesting characters, some more eccentric than others. However, I can understand the tap water issue, in this country it's advised not to drink it.

On most occasions I've read about Stipe there's reports of weird things he said or did, he hardly leaves people indifferent. All musicians are interesting characters, some more eccentric than others. However, I can understand the tap water issue, in this country it's advised not to drink it.

Yeah, exactly. I found it funny that he didn't like it. One of the engineers had a laugh about it too, because we already knew how much it tasted like shit. I remember drinking it as a kid, before bottled water was a product. To me, bottled taste much better. Being from New Orleans and especially after Katrina, I wouldn't dare drink it unless I had to. Nothing is very "new" around here, as far as the piping system goes. They were all nice guys and down to earth for the most part. This is the same studio where Plant recorded a tune for Fat's Domino's tribute album and also an interview Plant did with Allison Krauss. It's called The Music Shed.

Come on JAhfin, where are you????

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some I'm looking forward to in 2011:

R.E.M. Collapse Into Now

R.E.M. Lifes Rich Pageant (Reissue)

U2 Songs of Ascent

U2 Achtung Baby (Reissue)

Joe Walsh I Used To Be A Plastic Bottle

Drive-By Truckers Go-Go Boots

Gregg Allman Low Country Blues (produced by T Bone Burnett)

Hayes Carll KMAG YOYO

Rush Clockwork Angels

Lucinda Williams Blessed

Pearl Jam Live On Ten Legs

Pearl Jam Vs. (Reissue)

Pearl Jam Vitalogy (Reissue)

The Baseball Project's Volume Two: High and Inside

Todd Snider Live: The Storyteller

Kasey Chambers Little Bird

New albums are also expected from these folks but none have titles yet:

Jayhawks

Wilco

Jimmy Page

Steve Earle (produced by T Bone Burnett)

Kathleen Edwards

Megafaun

ZZ Top (the album they've been promising for quite some time now that's produced by Rick Rubin and includes a guest appearance from The Black Keys)

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit

Haven't people been expecting an album from Jimmy Page for a few years now? can you provide a source for this? Or is that just your hope.

Haven't people been expecting an album from Jimmy Page for a few years now? can you provide a source for this? Or is that just your hope.

If my memory serves, towards the end of 2010, during an interview (that was posted here) Page mentioned launching his website (which actually came to be) which would serve as a place to upload some new music for fans to download.

If my memory serves, towards the end of 2010, during an interview (that was posted here) Page mentioned launching his website (which actually came to be) which would serve as a place to upload some new music for fans to download.

Yep, Im with you on that. I was talking about an ":album". At least that's what you said.

Yep, Im with you on that. I was talking about an ":album". At least that's what you said.

Without trying to dig up the interview, I'm wagering a guess that I was hoping that he would upload an album's worth of songs over a certain period of time. Going back further than that, at least a couple of years ago (maybe more), Rolling Stone reported he was recording an album that would feature a different kind of guitar on each song (or something to that effect).

I am still waiting for the new Astra (the band that recorded the masterpiece The weirding) album to come out, it's called The Black Chord and according to their website it has already been recorded and mastered. Anyone has any more info on that one?

Archived