Just wondering what you think.

Cav

I was just wondering if anyone here may feel that as much as we respect and admire Jimmy Page that there is a slight chance that he may not be that nice of a guy? I mean i have never met the man and some here who have say he is amazing to meet. With that said it seems that video of him even today or in the past shows a guy who does not look like he has much time for fans. To tell you the truth i have never seen him sign an autograph and his dear friend Mr Halfin has stated that Jimmy does not like to be asked for one. Everytime i see him leaving or coming to any place in video he just brushes off the crowd and moves on without even a comment. So with that again iam not trying to speculate, but i just want to know what the rest of you think. My opinion is i truly have a great deal of respect for him, but maybe as they say its better not to meet your heros because you maybe dissappointed.

To add just a outside point if the artists in general don't want to be bothered in there "private" lives ie:walking down the street and a fan realizes its Page and asks for a autograph and he refuses, then why do they hire publists to insure the public is aware and current of what the artist is doing on a daily basis?

Regards

Cav

Hi Cav,

The professional autograph hunters who hound celebrities are to blame, as about three years ago they ultimately led Jimmy to adopt what is essentially a "no autographs" policy during high-profile public appearances such as awards shows, film premiers, etc. You can rest assured he is a genuinely nice guy who has been very accomodating with fans over the past five decades and still honors the occasional, legitamate request for an autograph or photo.

Hello Steve, as always its a pleasure. Happy New Year to you and yours.

I agree that the "pro hunter" has and is a problem, but in truth i wonder what Jimmys opinion is about the fans in general. I know there are the crazys who are everywhere he goes but in general.If i were a man in that position i would sign everything. If the reason for not signing was they sell it on ebay well limit it to one per for a time limit and really who cares what they get considering these stars get millions. Kind of like throwing a bone to a dog. Also the more you sign the less its worth.

Back to my point, i really hope that he is the guy we think he is.

Regards

Cav

I've met Jimmy a few times over the years and he was always kind and generous and accomodated us with autographs and pictures. Yes, there are some idiot fans out there who would like to sniff his underwear, but if you're respectful, not pushy and get to him in a one-on-one situation, he is very nice!

That was ridiculous by Gene Simmons. Never really makes a point about the whole thing.

I believe that was from Melbourne, Australia. Did a Google search and there was a sign above him for the Princess Theater and The musical The Producers was there. Probably around 2004 or 2005.

That was ridiculous by Gene Simmons. Never really makes a point about the whole thing.

I believe that was from Melbourne, Australia. Did a Google search and there was a sign above him for the Princess Theater and The musical The Producers was there. Probably around 2004 or 2005.

Jimmy Page is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

gene simmons - what an absolute first class tw*t!

as to jimmy. it was a very very long time ago ('81) but when i wrote to him at his windsor home he bothered to sign and return a picture that i'd sent to him, which made me a very happy fella.

Archived