58 and 14 years ago today

Thanks for the reminder. I've always been a big fan of Hank, Sr. but never really got into Hank, Jr. too much. Hank III is also good (from what few songs I've heard) but I've always been put off by the fact that his shows attract so many racist skinheads so I've never seen him live. I also love Townes but like so many others, I was first drawn to him via other folks covering his songs. Several years back I got to see his son JT perform during the Austin City Limits Music Festival. Interestingly enough, even though he clearly has the gift, he has never actively pursued a career in music. A quick glimpse into Townes' life and all of the legal wrangling that ensued over his estate in recent years (which JT wanted absolutely no part of) will reveal why.

Last night in Chapel Hill, a tribute was held in memory of Hank, Sr. and Townes at The Nightlight. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it but if you're so inclined you can read more about it by clicking on the image below.

Hank-Townes.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. I've always been a big fan of Hank, Sr. but never really got into Hank, Jr. too much. Hank III is also good (from what few songs I've heard) but I've always been put off by the fact that his shows attract so many racist skinheads so I've never seen him live. I also love Townes but like so many others, I was first drawn to him via other folks covering his songs. Several years back I got to see his son JT perform during the Austin City Limits Music Festival. Interestingly enough, even though he clearly has the gift, he has never actively pursued a career in music. A quick glimpse into Townes' life and all of the legal wrangling that ensued over his estate in recent years (which JT wanted absolutely no part of) will reveal why.

Last night in Chapel Hill, a tribute was held in memory of Hank, Sr. and Townes at The Nightlight. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it but if you're so inclined you can read more about it by clicking on the image below.

Yeah Hank III is quite good shame that he attracts racist skinheads to his concerts, maybe not in LA as I would like to see him live. JT as far as I know has only covered Townes' "My Proud Mountains" on a comp of Townes' covers haven't heard it interested to get that. Thanks for the link it was a good read.

Archived