THINGS YOU DISLIKE ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY

Fool In The Rain 60

I totally dislike the last election results, Lib Dems selling themselves short to join with the Conservatives :angry:

Just to renege on their manifesto!:mad:

Hi, You Crazy Fool,

You wanna talk Politics? You want the Truth? You cant handle the Truth. ;)

I'm English, not some Mamby Pamby Brit, and I'm most Furious, even Seditious, that my Great Country, the Centre of Modern World Civilisation by the way, is still under the Tyrannical Yoke of the Frog Speaking Normans. :o

What I wouldn't give for a sign? or a Patriot, like the likes of Robin Hood to get this Great Country back on its feet, to cast off this Cloak of Oppression and save us through Revolution from this Horrendous Ignominy of Suppression.

I'm Free Thursdays if anyone wants to Vote for me. :D

Regards, Danny The Bold, or is that The Bald? :lol:

I totally dislike the last election results, Lib Dems selling themselves short to join with the Conservatives :angry:

Well it stops the Tories having everything their own way and passing through every motion they want :thumbsup:

Hi, You Crazy Fool,

You wanna talk Politics? You want the Truth? You cant handle the Truth. ;)

I'm English, not some Mamby Pamby Brit, and I'm most Furious, even Seditious, that my Great Country, the Centre of Modern World Civilisation by the way, is still under the Tyrannical Yoke of the Frog Speaking Normans. :o

What I wouldn't give for a sign? or a Patriot, like the likes of Robin Hood to get this Great Country back on its feet, to cast off this Cloak of Oppression and save us through Revolution from this Horrendous Ignominy of Suppression.

I'm Free Thursdays if anyone wants to Vote for me. :D

Regards, Danny The Bold, or is that The Bald? :lol:

Hi BIGDAN

no I don't want to talk politics :P, but i do agree that as a country we seem to bend to what the French want, so I take it that is something you dislike about our Country :lol:

Well it stops the Tories having everything their own way and passing through every motion they want :thumbsup:

Hi leddy,

The Lib Dems are never going to get into power now,just on the Tuition Fee fiasco alone. Shame would have been nice.

Like most people in politics they promise the Earth then deliver very little.

Looks like it will be back to a 2 horse race again next time around :D

I also dislike the rise in VAT to 20%,all that means is a rise in everything, how are we ever going to kick start our own economy !!:huh:

Hi BIGDAN

no I don't want to talk politics :P, but i do agree that as a country we seem to bend to what the French want, so I take it that is something you dislike about our Country :lol:

Hi Fool,

Yes, if its French then take it back, drop it (as in French Knickers) or burn it, whatever Anger the French bring out in me, the squirming English bring out more, with all their quaint tea shops and country walks, while the Franco-Krauts, yes those Sausage and Onion eating Europhiles take the piss and do everything in their power to destroy the English way of life, if you could call it that.

Bring on the Revolution Comrades and Strike a Blow for English Values and English Survival, I'm still free on Thursdays if you need a leader. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny the Red (and White and Blue)

Hi leddy,

The Lib Dems are never going to get into power now,just on the Tuition Fee fiasco alone. Shame would have been nice.

I also dislike the rise in VAT to 20%,all that means is a rise in everything, how are we ever going to kick start our own economy !!:huh:

Bring back Serfdom. :thanku:

Or Slavery. :thumbsup:

Hi leddy,

Hiya

Yes the VAT rise is a pain, the Tories will drop the Lib/Dems as soon as they can and two horse race, well maybe coalitions are the future here ?

Hiya

Yes the VAT rise is a pain, the Tories will drop the Lib/Dems as soon as they can and two horse race, well maybe coalitions are the future here ?

Yea coalitions are a possibility.

I dislike the smoking ban (i'm a non smoker) you stand in the pub like a loner, all the fun now happens outside :lol:

"No Dog Shit" signs, and where's the enforcement of the excrement?

Can you imagine the wife saying to you, just after a hard days work enforcing anti-dog-shit laws? "Honey? why have you brought your work home again?" :o:lol:

Regards, Danny

Love the country, hate the pricks running it.

No matter which party gets into power they all end up being tarred with the same brush and only think of what's in it for themselves.

Immigration should be deferred indefinitely from everywhere until they sort out the refugee mess so another Christmas Island fiasco never happens again.

Some of the other affluent countries should (on humanitarian and moral grounds) take some of these unfortunate boat people but they refuse to.

There are too many arriving to cope with the high unemployment and low housing availability.

We have a waiting list of up to 8 years for public housing for the general population which as a result of the GFC more people have lost their homes due to foreclosures.

However, refugees are given "emergency" housing and employment as soon as they have been processed, which can take only a couple of months!

I am finding it hard to gain employment due to my age which is crazy because of a very real skill shortage due to the privatisation of some government departments, selling off OUR assets and the scrapping of apprentice schemes etc. in favour of brain draining other countries!?

Yet people who can't speak English and even those who can, are given preference to jobs and other social services over Australians who were born here and paid taxes for over 50 years.

It's like reverse discrimination.

Charity begins at home and if that makes me a racist then so be it.

Love the country, hate the pricks running it.

No matter which party gets into power they all end up being tarred with the same brush and only think of what's in it for themselves.

Immigration should be deferred indefinitely from everywhere until they sort out the refugee mess so another Christmas Island fiasco never happens again.

Some of the other affluent countries should (on humanitarian and moral grounds) take some of these unfortunate boat people but they refuse to.

There are too many arriving to cope with the high unemployment and low housing availability.

We have a waiting list of up to 8 years for public housing for the general population which as a result of the GFC more people have lost their homes due to foreclosures.

However, refugees are given "emergency" housing and employment as soon as they have been processed, which can take only a couple of months!

I am finding it hard to gain employment due to my age which is crazy because of a very real skill shortage due to the privatisation of some government departments, selling off OUR assets and the scrapping of apprentice schemes etc. in favour of brain draining other countries!?

Yet people who can't speak English and even those who can, are given preference to jobs and other social services over Australians who were born here and paid taxes for over 50 years.

It's like reverse discrimination.

Charity begins at home and if that makes me a racist then so be it.

:goodpost:

Reggie, on so many issues, you've taken the words right out of my mouth.

I absolutely agree about the part about Immigration.

Look, I'm an immigrant too. I've been in New Zealand for almost 11 years of my life. My folks and I took the plunge and came here in April, 2000. My dad is a Marine Chief Engineer who sails the world and who earns his bread in US $ and my mom is an Early Childhood Educator. There still continues to be a genuine skill shortage of both their occupations in NZ, even today.

What gets me absolutely furious is the fact that while my family and I worked so bloody hard to get here on genuine grounds, there are people from my fuckin country of origin, who claim to be "visiting" New Zealand, pretending to be a religious group who are apparently on their way to a religious conference of some sort in Australia and then fuckin' disappear without a trace in Auckland! :angry: If you have the skills which a country needs and are willing to co-operate and comply with their laws, then fine. But don't fuckin make a mockery of the law and make people who have worked so hard to comply with the system, look like complete idiots!

I'ts not so much the people coming here and shortcutting the system, it's the ruthless operators who prey on desperate and for the most part, innocent people who end up being ripped off and exposed to real danger and death.

The other possibility is that potential terrorists can slip through the net and get lost in the system only to emerge down the track after due process.

The problem lies with the governments of origin to step in and crack down on the boat owners and make it harder for them to leave port without proper clearance.

It's not fair on the people who have gone through the hoops and did everything by the book who are caught up on the waiting list, while the queue jumpers get preferential treatment because they are "emergency" cases.

All the incentives are with the boat people and while it may seem like system abuse that is exactly how it's set up by the Australian government and it's up to them to change the fact that "emergency" cases are top priority.

This is not an easy fix.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

The Navy has a very big presence in the region and Customs patrol there as well.

Despite all efforts to turn the boats back and many are, some slip through the cracks.

The dilemma is, they could sink the boats or they just shadow them and hope they go away?

Unless there was an armed response from the boat people the Navy would never fire on them.

Why?

Because nobody deserves to die for seeking freedom.

Yea coalitions are a possibility.

I dislike the smoking ban (i'm a non smoker) you stand in the pub like a loner, all the fun now happens outside :lol:

Thats very true..but the do gooders like to have their way...although middle ofwinter, its not to fun huddling outside freezing ya nads off for a quick fix :)

I'ts not so much the people coming here and shortcutting the system, it's the ruthless operators who prey on desperate and for the most part, innocent people who end up being ripped off and exposed to real danger and death.

The other possibility is that potential terrorists can slip through the net and get lost in the system only to emerge down the track after due process.

The problem lies with the governments of origin to step in and crack down on the boat owners and make it harder for them to leave port without proper clearance.

It's not fair on the people who have gone through the hoops and did everything by the book who are caught up on the waiting list, while the queue jumpers get preferential treatment because they are "emergency" cases.

All the incentives are with the boat people and while it may seem like system abuse that is exactly how it's set up by the Australian government and it's up to them to change the fact that "emergency" cases are top priority.

This is not an easy fix.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

The Navy has a very big presence in the region and Customs patrol there as well.

Despite all efforts to turn the boats back and many are, some slip through the cracks.

The dilemma is, they could sink the boats or they just shadow them and hope they go away?

Unless there was an armed response from the boat people the Navy would never fire on them.

Why?

Because nobody deserves to die for seeking freedom.

I understand what you are saying Reggie! I was just letting off steam about folks who deliberately try to "sneak in" to a country knowing full well what they are doing is wrong! For instance, a few years back, when my dad was in Europe, he and the Captain of the ship found 5 stowaways who were from India, by the way, (the ship had docked at Mumbai for 2 days before heading for Europe) who knew perfectly well what they were doing and who could speak English quite fluently. They were apparently trying to sneak into Europe! But you're absolutely right! It is sad that families from countries like Afghanistan, Iraq and even China (to my knowledge) are exploited by these middle-men who promise them a "better" life and things end in a very tragic way! :( I guess you can classify the Christmas Island incident as a tragedy in that sort of way! :(

I think I better edit my post now! :peace:

Here, here, Fool, I couldn't agree with you MORE! The Liberal Democrats as a party are finished. They've prostituted their election manifesto for a referendum on electoral reform which they're not going to win! :angry:

One of the things I really dislike about the UK, the fact that toffs still go out fox hunting even though it is illegal now. :mad:

^Wow! This George Osborne fellow sure sounds like a brute, Magic! :unsure: I think this song (Death On Two Legs) can be used to describe all the corrupt bastards and criminals who are "rulling" my former home country! :angry:

He has let Vodafone off with £6 billion in taxes!! This is tax evasion and corruption at the highest levels! His family are millionaires with money in offshore tax havens! And has just put up VAT to 20% to make the British people pay for a recession that was largely caused by the banks, which the Tories never happen to mention. :angry:

This clown doesn't seem so bad in comparison! :D

Archived