Closest pedal to an Echoplex?

zepps_apprentice

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this clip of Ed from Monster Magnet playing a Memory Man (a new version, not the old thing The Edge used):

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=121145

It's not cheap though.

The closest pedal I've seen, by far, is the Strymon El Capistan. Quite pricey, though it's worth every penny ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does the Fulltone have the extra +10 dB of clean gain that the original Echoplex had? Is that the main difference between that and the Strymon?

I couldn't say about the Fulltone and the extra gain. (You may want to send him an e-mail) The strymon is basically a pedal (not like the Fulltone or Echoplex which uses actual tape) but the quality and variety of sounds it creates is outstanding. It does have several modes that produce a very authentic sound without the tape. I own this pedal and am amazed at its quality and variety. They also produce the most authentic Rotary pedal I have ever heard called the Lex. The link have video examples as well as a downloadable user manual.

My link

I couldn't say about the Fulltone and the extra gain. (You may want to send him an e-mail) The strymon is basically a pedal (not like the Fulltone or Echoplex which uses actual tape) but the quality and variety of sounds it creates is outstanding. It does have several modes that produce a very authentic sound without the tape. I own this pedal and am amazed at its quality and variety. They also produce the most authentic Rotary pedal I have ever heard called the Lex. The link have video examples as well as a downloadable user manual.

My link

Fantastic, thank you! That might come in handy if I wish to replicate the Heartbreaker bass tone.

Archived