Huckleberry Finn

Jahfin

First line under Tom Lee maybe ??

The word Negro isn't the same as the n-word. Otherwise, don't you think the United Negro College Fund might change its name? It's an archaic word no doubt, one that people don't use anymore to refer to someone who is African-American, but it's not the n-word. Although you could make the statement that nearly any word could be used as a slur if you say it in that manner. I mean, if I say "shut up, you stupid alfalfa sprout", I'm not using the words "alfalfa sprout" in the friendliest of ways.

The word Negro isn't the same as the n-word. Otherwise, don't you think the United Negro College Fund might change its name? It's an archaic word no doubt, one that people don't use anymore to refer to someone who is African-American, but it's not the n-word. Although you could make the statement that nearly any word could be used as a slur if you say it in that manner. I mean, if I say "shut up, you stupid alfalfa sprout", I'm not using the words "alfalfa sprout" in the friendliest of ways.

I did put maybe ?? as wasn't sure ? but fair do's

plus alfalafa is my middle name

don't ever speak to me again

sproutist!

Thats funny :hysterical:

• 3 years later...

Classics should reamain as the authors indended them to be. It speaks of how things were at the time, as unpleasant some may find them to be. It's just the history and progression of mankind. And history is full of alot of unpleasantness, but to hopefully learn and move on from those times is how generations better themselves. People are so over sensetive anymore. Makes me wonder if we are learning and bettering ourselves as new generations come up to run society.

Good post

Archived