Robert Plant playing Guitar with Jimmy and Neil Young

jimmy didn't really get to show case there did he?

young kinda took over, but they all seemed to enjoy it a lot.

it stands to reason that jimmy would have shown robert a thing or two on the guitar over the years, wonder why he doesn't play more often?

I've also seen other clips of him playing guitar, maybe from the Concert for Kampuchea?

Robert plays lead guitar on Season of the Witch with The Priory of Brion at a gig in Wolverhampton.

The show is out there on DVD.

Yeah I can see what you mean Slave to Zep.

People have reguarded the quliaty of their playing a bit off, but I believe it's just a diffrent way to have the song done, and they've done it superb :thumbsup:

yeah, they were just having fun.

levee would be a very difficult song to re-create on stage live, we all know bonzos drum sound was so amazing on the original recording.

That is a great video!

Jimmy and Neil were wild men playing their guitars, and Robert really got into it at the end, too! They had poor JPJ backed into the corner.

Hi Doc,

JPJ had forgot where He had parked the car, :slapface: again. :o:lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Young was acting the idiot that night, the twat that he is.

jimmy didn't really get to show case there did he?

young kinda took over, but they all seemed to enjoy it a lot.

it stands to reason that jimmy would have shown robert a thing or two on the guitar over the years, wonder why he doesn't play more often?

I Think He shoud play harmonica more often.

P.S Whats a Twat Dan ?? :blink:;)

Its a Northern expression of a Southern expression, it means "Twit" but more so.

Kind Regards, Danny the Twat

Right not related to the lady garden bits then, phew thats ok then :)

Its a Northern expression of a Southern expression, it means "Twit" but more so.

Kind Regards, Danny the Twat

I thought twit was something sent on Twitter and a twat was someone who used it? ;)

Back to topic.

Why bag Young because Jimmy didn't step up?

Ask him why he didn't play any solos before you beat up on someone who was obviously invited by them to play.

It could've been a pretty ordinary rendition without Neil.

No-one has bagged Robert's playing and rightly so.

I happen to like Neil Young's music a lot, who, by the way has been more prolific than almost any other musician / songwriter of the last 50 years including Page whom I admire the most as far as composition and guitar playing goes.

Young has a lot in common with Plant, he lost a good friend due to misadventure, his son was born with cerebral palsy and as a result can't talk, divorced and he has suffered losses due to forest fires and recently was treated for a Brain Anuerism which was detected thankfully before serious damage occurred.

He also has a healthy respect for both Page and Zeppelin which can be heard in the song Downtown.

As for JPJ, everyone knows he's just the bass player! :o;)

Cheers.

I've seen some of those pictures before, but it's terribly weird for me to understand them because I associate the guitar with Jimmy not Robert, I know im being very ignorant here :D

No, I totally agree with you. It is weird for me to understand why he had a Washburn endorsement for a while. Really? REALLY???

Are those pictures of Robert Plant with the guitar photo ops where another guitaist is onstage playing?

I'm very surprised if this is not the case.

Robert's gift has always been the singing not the guitar, coincidently the exact opposite for Jimmy Page.

Got any clips of Robert on a solo piece of guitar work? I'd like to hear that.......missy

I recall seeing a PBS "Soundstage"performance of Robert and his band from the "Fate Of Nations" era...at one point they went in to a slow blues, and -this was cool- Plant's guitarist (Doug Boyle?) simply took off his guitar, and handed it to Robert, who then proceeded to rip into this killer fucking solo. I was impressed...I had no idea Robert could even play, let alone was that good! It would be like hearing Mick Jagger, who has sustained many a Stones song over the years with his crunchy rhythm guitar (i.e. the "Some Girls" LP), pick up an axe and break into an old Mick Taylor solo. Mind you, I saw Dylan in 1998 and he played a lotta lead that night...and wasn't too shabby, either! Some of these old guys can surprise you!

I'd be tempted to say that Robert Plant could definitely hold his own on guitar on an album without a Robbie Blunt, Doug Boyle or even Jimmy Page to fall back on. Hell, wasn't he playing bass during a post Live Aid gettogether with Page, JPJ and Tony Thompson? The session he walked out on 'cos he 'got tired of Jimmy looking for batteries for his wah wah pedal every three minutes' as I recall he put it...

I recall seeing a PBS "Soundstage"performance of Robert and his band from the "Fate Of Nations" era...at one point they went in to a slow blues, and -this was cool- Plant's guitarist (Doug Boyle?) simply took off his guitar, and handed it to Robert, who then proceeded to rip into this killer fucking solo. I was impressed...I had no idea Robert could even play, let alone was that good! It would be like hearing Mick Jagger, who has sustained many a Stones song over the years with his crunchy rhythm guitar (i.e. the "Some Girls" LP), pick up an axe and break into an old Mick Taylor solo. Mind you, I saw Dylan in 1998 and he played a lotta lead that night...and wasn't too shabby, either! Some of these old guys can surprise you!

I'd be tempted to say that Robert Plant could definitely hold his own on guitar on an album without a Robbie Blunt, Doug Boyle or even Jimmy Page to fall back on. Hell, wasn't he playing bass during a post Live Aid gettogether with Page, JPJ and Tony Thompson? The session he walked out on 'cos he 'got tired of Jimmy looking for batteries for his wah wah pedal every three minutes' as I recall he put it...

Wow, I'm speechless. I always knew he could jam on the harmonica but rightly or not, I assumed the music was left to the other 3 members. That's not to minimize Robert's significance to the band in any way. After all, he is a brilliant vocalist and lyricist (which I think often gets overlooked). And none of those other guys could sing well.......missy

I've also seen other clips of him playing guitar, maybe from the Concert for Kampuchea?

On that occasion it was a bass that wasn't actually plugged in :)

As we have discussed on here before, Robert played guitar on a couple of Zeppelin studio tracks.

Archived