At what age should men lose the long hair !

Fool In The Rain 60

Emmylou Harris has long, gray hair, and she looks great. Wear your hair however you want, provided you keep it groomed and clean. Cleanliness is the only factor for me. If it's to the point where you can't take care of it, either because of your age, a disability, or it's just too unmanageable, then you should cut it. Before that time, it's not for me to say.

Do you think there comes a time when long hair looks silly.

If a man has long hair at the back bald / thinning at the front, time to chop it off IMO. No know matter what age. ( Francis Rossi) :o

Ladies IMO should cut it shorter when they go grey / white.

Any one got any thoughts on this subject....;)

Hi Fool,

Are you talking about me?

old%20man%20hair%20web.jpg

Or me brother?

hair%20hairy%20long%20cousin%20it.jpg

Regards, Danny

I love seeing an older lady with a full head of hair flowing down the back, why get one of your best features removed and get cut Granny short ??...men on the other hand should shave the lot off if ya half bald if ya misses lets ya <_<

PS Love the above hair pic :) what abou the Mullet ?? The Devils own hair do.

I love seeing an older lady with a full head of hair flowing down the back, why get one of your best features removed and get cut Granny short ??...men on the other hand should shave the lot off if ya half bauld if ya misses lets ya <_<

PS Love the above hair pic :) what abou the Mullet ?? The Devils own hair do.

Quite agree about the men give me a bald head any day :blush:

As for the ladies, nice when it has all gone silver / white pain in the arse when it is salt n pepper (from my experience) :lol:

Never, unless you're uncomfortable with it or it falls out and although I would shave my head completely if I were bald (combovers don't do it for me), people should do as thou wilt.

Personally, I have been blessed with a full head of hair albeit grey and I'm thinking of growing it long again (dyeing it is not an option), so if I do it'll be for me and fuck what anyone else thinks!

Grooming is important but not the be all and end all, just look at Keef! ;) .

For guys, if you've got a receding hairline, it's definitely time to whip out the scissors. On the whole, though, I am beginning to like long hair less and less on guys of all ages. I mean, I still like it on people like the Zeps back in the '70s, and they would look weird to me with short hair, but when I just see it on retro-grunge or retro-'70s guys (or whatever they're trying to be) in their 20s/30s now, it's not working for me. Of course, that's not HALF as bad as the Bieber look, but I digress. Anyway, far be it from me to tell guys how they should wear their hair, but personally, it's not my favorite look anymore.

Gals: depends on their face shape, not on their age, in my opinion. If it's making your face look too long, go with a shorter cut. If it works for ya, go with it, à la Emmylou Harris. This does apply to men, too; there are definitely guys who can pull it off WAY better than others. Maybe that's what's putting me off longer hair...I've just seen too many guys recently who would do better with short hair. I don't know.

Never! Almost all men look way better with long hair IMO - including Tom Brady. I may be the minority opinion on that latter point. :)

With women, I don't think it matters anymore. It used to be that older women were shamed into cutting their hair, but that's sexist. As several other folks have mentioned, Emmylou Harris - she's still a major fox with long gray hair.

Never! Almost all men look way better with long hair IMO - including Tom Brady. I may be the minority opinion on that latter point. :)

With women, I don't think it matters anymore. It used to be that older women were shamed into cutting their hair, but that's sexist. As several other folks have mentioned, Emmylou Harris - she's still a major fox with long gray hair.

Thanx fireopal :):):)

I had about shoulder length hair about 18 months ago. And to be honest, as much as I enjoyed it, it getting to be a pain taking care of it because my hair is extremely thick. And I wanted to get it cut earlier, but a I waited a few months so I could donate it to Locks of Love. I felt like if I was gonna have long hair, I should justify it and make it be useful to someone.

I have sort of a shaggy mop top look now. Which is great because it, combined with my thick hair, hides my embarrassingly large widow's peak I have at 20. If that's any indication, I'm enjoying my hair while I got it!

We have been led to believe that JESUS had a FULL head of hair .... not a comb over :lol: That would have looked stupid wouldn't it.?

we were also led to believe he was white..........dry.gif

long hair is just a pain......spose its for guys vain enough to spend all morning taking care of it

I used to have hair to my waist. Looong time ago.. Now I sometime let it grow to the long hair standard of the 60's (think Beatles mop tops). But usually cut it real short every second month. It's getting thinner by the years, and I will keep it shorter, that's for sure. But that's because I, personally, wouldn't wanna grow it if I don't have hair all over my head. :D

I say, wear your hair as you want it.

Maybe he did look like this.....

black-jesus-with-afro-and-cross-necklace.jpg

Hi Fool,

Jesus never had an Afro, whoever told you that and whatever people might think, he had a centre parting and was as white as the driven snow and was a hoot at parties, all the pictures I have ever seen suggest he that was a White Man with Issues, just like the rest of us, do you think that Christianity would have taken off in Europe and be as excepted as it was if people thought he was BLACK? :o;):whistling:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Although the Spanish think his mother was the Black Madonna. :o I myself think that was to appease the Black North African Muslims that were converted to Christianity after El Cid drove the Camel Breathed Moors out of Spain and returned it to a Christian State, and that's why the Madonna is portrayed as Black, to appease the Moorish converts. ;)

I do love men with long hair and short hair is cool with me too :D My dad had long hair down to his shoulders from the early 70s till about '81 (he was forced to cut it short for the sake of his job). My mom absolutely loved it! So, my advice to any guy (who wishes to grow his hair but is rather reluctant to do it) is "As long as you're happy and comfortable with it and have sufficient amount of hair to pull it off, just go for it!" :D

As far as women are concerned, well, I had extremely short hair at one time and people used to often tease me about how "boyish" I looked and stuff like that. But it was just a phase I was going through and one fine day (when I was about 18), I figured that my face looked better and more pointed if I choose to grow my hair. I now have hair down to my shoulders and it is not a pain to manage at all. Unless I have so much hairfall that I have bald patches across my head when I become an old lady, I don't think I'll chop the whole thing off (just the occassional trim) and get back to the hairstyle I had in my teens! :lol:

Archived