At what age should men lose the long hair !

Fool In The Rain 60

Me thinks its you that's acting the " douche "

surely a pony tail is not that out of place

Oh for the love of St. Crispin, look at that photo...would you buy a car from a guy who looked like that? Maybe you would. After all, you are the guy who keeps quoting Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart", so I shouldn't expect much.

I'm going to work. Have at it.

Oh for the love of St. Crispin, look at that photo...would you buy a car from a guy who looked like that? Maybe you would. After all, you are the guy who keeps quoting Billy Ray Cyrus' "Achy Breaky Heart", so I shouldn't expect much.

I'm going to work. Have at it.

2013 , a bloke is critised for having a pony tail , its more like 1953

it's your right to be offended , as steve hughes would say

large_image2_33.jpg

2013 , a bloke is critised for having a pony tail , its more like 1953

it's your right to be offended , as steve hughes would say

large_image2_33.jpg

And it is your right to overreact. I wasn't criticizing everybody with a ponytail. Jimmy Page looks very distinguished with a ponytail. I was always a sucker for Steffi Graf's ponytail...very perky and sexy. As is my girlfriend's.

But your photo of Joe Biden with a ponytail is scaring the children. He looks like a douche, plain and simple. I wouldn't buy a pencil from him, let alone want him to lead the country.

i like long hair on young guys sometimes, but older guys .... nup. and yes, i include jimmy and robert here. jimmy should get rid of his ponytail. it looks more like a rats tail! roberts kinda still suits him.... when i see him photographed in jeans and t-shirt it looks ok, but when he has a suit on ... er, it just looks wrong.

imho. :)

And it is your right to overreact. I wasn't criticizing everybody with a ponytail. Jimmy Page looks very distinguished with a ponytail. I was always a sucker for Steffi Graf's ponytail...very perky and sexy. As is my girlfriend's.

But your photo of Joe Biden with a ponytail is scaring the children. He looks like a douche, plain and simple. I wouldn't buy a pencil from him, let alone want him to lead the country.

The overreaction is surely your attitude towards Joe Biden , I'm only defending his or any male in power the right to retain long hair ,if you don't like men in power with long hair that's your opinion , but it should stay that way ,Female's don't seem to have problems doing jobs in power with long hair so why should males.

imagine the grief if he wore it down instead of a ponytail ?

Im like the guy from the earlier post more annoyed that he still has to wear a tie

• 4 weeks later...

Personally as a huge fan of Parliament / Funkadelic, I would love for Obama to grow some dreads and officially change the name of DC to Chocolate City! Hear me now CC!!!

Bur seriously, it all depends on the guy, young or old it does not matter, what matters is if they can pull it off. However no one, and I mean NO ONE can pull off the horse shoe and ponytail look, that shit just screams white slaver or dude who sets up hidden camera in step-daugters bathroom. Damn nasty.

This must be taken on a case by case basis, no rules per se, just perceptions.

Personally I will probably never grow my hair long again, it is just too much work. The older I get the shorter my hair gets, though I don't think I will shave it unless I go bald on top. The completely bald look trumps the horse shoe every time.

Case in point, Robert looks good, like a Viking statesman from the 11th century or a Welsh war duke. Gene Simmons however looks like a fucking creepy douche with that shoe polish scarecrow hair of his. I saw a graphic where he was made to look bald and he looked really good that way. Someone needs to send Gene a memo. Now that guy is scaring school children. Him and that freak Ron Jeremy, though Ron Jeremy has a hell of a sense of humor so that makes him ok by me.

^^^

Steve ROCKS it! Joe Biden doesn't. One size doesn't fit all, Mr. Garlic. The ability to pull off long hair in old age is up to the individual.

Joe Biden as much right as Steve Harris to have long hair , long hair on men should n't mean OK only for Rock Stars only , Females with long hair can be rock stars or politicians so why not males ?

Joe Biden should be championed as a positive role model for aspiring long haired males , not lambasted by you

IMO, it's up to each individual man to decide when it's time to cut his hair. It's their hair and it's on their heads.

What I find fascinating about male rock musicians is how many of them are sporting the same hairstyles they wore when they first achieved fame and fortune. Just off the top of my head:

Robert Plant

Rod Stewart

Jeff Beck

Mick Jagger

Brian May (he stopped dying it so it's gone gray but the style is the same)

Ronnie Wood

Roger Hodgson

Joe Perry (white streak aside this is more or less the same style he's had since the mid-70's)

Archived