LOOSE CONNECTIONS to the band, no matter how small

Mayes Lane

Hey all,

I have just joined, so I thought of starting this new topic "Loose connections to the band" a cataloge of real life stories of meetings or connections, there must be some stories?

My mother used to be in the employ of Mr Glyn Johns, Brother of Andy Johns who i'm sure you know was the bands sound engineer for some time.

I used to get taken up to the Country estate/ studio here in Sussex often. I don't know If the Brothers collaborated, but if they did, I'm sure some material was mixed there?

thats all I have, but its a start right?

Glyn Johns engineered the 1st Led Zeppelin album. He had also been the engineer on literally hundreds of sessions in the '60s that featured Page and/or JPJ (in fact, Jimmy played on Johns' 1965 solo single).

Also, Jimmy, Glyn and Ian Stewart briefly formed a jazz band in 1962 but the band broke up when Stewart went full time with the Rolling Stones.

Glyn Johns engineered the 1st Led Zeppelin album. He had also been the engineer on literally hundreds of sessions in the '60s that featured Page and/or JPJ (in fact, Jimmy played on Johns' 1965 solo single).

Also, Jimmy, Glyn and Ian Stewart briefly formed a jazz band in 1962 but the band broke up when Stewart went full time with the Rolling Stones.

My only connection with the band is that I was born on the day the first Zeppelin airship did ever fly, and that I spent my youth living on the Zeppelinstrasse.

YOU GOT THE BALL ROLLING !!! thank you

Didn't the Von Zeppelin family- creators of the famous airship that flew on that day dispute the band including there family name in the band name?

1.I tried to meet Jimmy at his house around the early 80 ths.But he fucked off ! I understand reasons for that, but this was a very

hard lesson especially at this time for me.-Than "Death wish" came out and it was not (!) the giant thing I longed for scince 1977.Before that:.

2.When working as a reporter before I met lots of Rockgiants( Ozzy,Kiss,Nugent) . Most of the time I was disappointed about their "real" attitude.

Than I met Robert in a private situation by fate.He talked for almost 1 hour without being forced to do so.

Really he is not a poser,very kind and as strong as you know him onstage.

He told me some important things,I won´t tell you because if he tells me the secret of ALS it might be only an answere he

said to me .Sorry.

Never put this conversation into a magazine,too.

The first time the band played The Forum was on my birthday. March 27th.

Hi there, 1st post from the U.S nice to here from you

This is what they played that night. Look at the length of time they were on stage.

Setlist:

01. Intro

02. Rock And Roll

03. Sick Again

04. Over The Hills And Far Away

05. In My Time Of Dying

06. The Song Remains The Same

07. The Rain Song (cut in middle due to tape flip)

08. Kashmir

09. Since I've Been Loving You

10. No Quarter (cut in middle due to tape flip)

11. Trampled Underfoot

12. Moby Dick (cut in middle due to tape flip)

13. Dazed And Confused (cut in middle due to tape flip)

14. Stairway To Heaven

15. Whole Lotta Love

16. Black Dog

Length: 217:58

1.I tried to meet Jimmy at his house around the early 80 ths.But he fucked off ! I understand reasons for that, but this was a very

hard lesson especially at this time for me.-Than "Death wish" came out and it was not (!) the giant thing I longed for scince 1977.Before that:.

2.When working as a reporter before I met lots of Rockgiants( Ozzy,Kiss,Nugent) . Most of the time I was disappointed about their "real" attitude.

Than I met Robert in a private situation by fate.He talked for almost 1 hour without being forced to do so.

Really he is not a poser,very kind and as strong as you know him onstage.

He told me some important things,I won´t tell you because if he tells me the secret of ALS it might be only an answere he

said to me .Sorry.

Never put this conversation into a magazine,too.

Hello there from England, nice to here from you over there in the U.S

what a post!

I guess that you encountered Page in the U.S. If you were at Jimmy's residence in London, then its quite an interesting house I think It was owned previously by Alistair Crowley?, How you would sleep in that, I dont know?.

Death wish- I think Mr Winner was Jimmy's neighbour, I sort of remember a great moody guitar thing going on somewhere in the 1st film that I liked.

I have seen Plant interviewed several times on U.K T.V, he comes across exactly as you describe him.

I went to a Robert Plant concert for his Now and Zen tour. Some of the girls in my class were into Rock and Roll. They were in the popular crowd. We were all in Drama together. So we hung out a little bit. They showed me pictures of them meeting Robert Plant after the show. Robert was cosing up to one of the girls and they showed me a picture of them.

what a post!

I guess that you encountered Page in the U.S. If you were at Jimmy's residence in London, then its quite an interesting house I think It was owned previously by Alistair Crowley?, How you would sleep in that, I dont know?.

Death wish- I think Mr Winner was Jimmy's neighbour, I sort of remember a great moody guitar thing going on somewhere in the 1st film that I liked.

I have seen Plant interviewed several times on U.K T.V, he comes across exactly as you describe him.

Do you mean Tower House in London? That was previously owned by the actor Richard Harris. Jimmy bought it in the mid-70s. Jimmy owned Crowley's former house, Boleskine House, next to Loch Ness in Scotland. He sold that house. I think Boleskine House is more creepy looking that Tower House, I wouldn't want to spend the night there! :o

what a post!

Jimmy owned several houses and the one I choosed was not the Crowley house in Scottland.

Yes Robert got this charisma. I was onstage in Germany during a TV session .You could "feel" him even walking backstage all alone.

You never?

I was gonna travel up there to the cottage one year, I will do it one day.

Its somewhere in the South Snowdonian valley

Did you get any vibes from touching the wall?LOL

Well, i've never heard of the South Snowdonian valley. It's just north of a town called Machynlleth near the Dovey Valley, and if you look hard enough on the Ordnance Survey map of the area the cottage is actually named.

As to what it felt like, local rock, and the only vibes i felt were through my motorbike as i rode it up there on a very rutted rock and dirt track. There are footpaths that lead you right past the house.

I was a bit cautious as i walked up to the front door and knocked, but a nice lady came to the door and we had a quick chat. She seemed to think that it was a relative of one of the band who had allowed them to stay there.

Ah yes The Dovey valley.

Great real life story, thanks for sharing

Do you mean Tower House in London? That was previously owned by the actor Richard Harris. Jimmy bought it in the mid-70s. Jimmy owned Crowley's former house, Boleskine House, next to Loch Ness in Scotland. He sold that house. I think Boleskine House is more creepy looking that Tower House, I wouldn't want to spend the night there! :o

Yes thats it The Tower House London!, now haunted by A Crowley and Richard Harris Agh!

I went to a Robert Plant concert for his Now and Zen tour. Some of the girls in my class were into Rock and Roll. They were in the popular crowd. We were all in Drama together. So we hung out a little bit. They showed me pictures of them meeting Robert Plant after the show. Robert was cosing up to one of the girls and they showed me a picture of them.

Hello from the U.K

what was the concert like?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived