If video killed the radio star..................

spidersandsnakes

The telly failed its goaLS:):):)

What were it's "goals"? I never knew television had any. Funny to read about when it was first introduced, folks thought it was just a passing fad that would never replace radio. Well, it didn't but it definitely drew some numbers away.

What were it's "goals"? I never knew television had any. Funny to read about when it was first introduced, folks thought it was just a passing fad that would never replace radio. Well, it didn't but it definitely drew some numbers away.

You are right in a way...it was supposed to have set the stabdards for GOOO, QUALITY and UNBIASED and politically correct info......a huge failure and above all, A SERIOUS DANGER TO YOUNG MINDS!!!!:)

You are right in a way...it was supposed to have set the stabdards for GOOE, QUALITY and UNBIASED and politically correct info......a huge failure and above all, A SERIOUS DANGER TO YOUNG MINDS!!!!:)

Can't say I agree. I've never read anywhere that TV was supposed to set any standards, much less politically correct ones.

Being in everyone's home and being a form of mass media and communication, it should be thought of as a sort of "unwritten constitution" of mass media:):):)

It doesn't work that way. Nor does any kind of reporting whether it be via newspapers, radio or any other medium. Some sort of bias is always going to seep in no matter what. There's simply no avoiding it.

It doesn't work that way. Nor does any kind of reporting whether it be via newspapers, radio or any other medium. Some sort of bias is always going to seep in no matter what. There's simply no avoiding it.

At least on the Net I can choose....still:):):)

.......................and to the media as we know it oday, I say...

senzanomet.png

By blackglove at 2010-02-23

Archived