Jimmy's First Post-Led Zeppelin Performance in NYC

SteveAJones

Madison Square Garden,

New York, New York

December 8, 1983

Swizzle-stick thin and sporting the scruffiest haircut in rock Jimmy Page dons his iconic double-neck and valiantly continues his post Led Zeppelin ascent. Not a note perfect rendition but tis ultimately something much greater - an electrifying testament to free will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6SnyxbJTk&feature=related

Given the timecode I'm guessing it's an outtake from the ARMS footage.

I was at the show the following night. It was amazing the roar Jimmy received when he appeared. He played quite well, but looked thin. This could be footage from the 9th as it was on YouTube a number of months ago, but was removed by Warner possibly? I had it in my favorites. Anyway the person posting it previously had their account closed, because they had been warned many times about posting this footage. Too bad, because it's great to see footage of shows you've been to. Especially, something like this as it was the first Page show I ever went to.

I was only 17 when i witnessed this extroidinary connection between an artist and an audience. it was one of the few times in my life where i felt every hair on my body tingle. the applause he r

eceived and the way the garden was lit up by the crowd is something ive never forgotten. It brought tears to my eyes. Yes it wasnt note perfect, but it was something so special that i could never describe it in words. Ive seen alot of shows since but this performance ranks in my top 3 of all time and #1 most memorable!

I was also at these ARMS shows at MSG. It was amazing the response Page received when he came on stage. The Garden was shaking!!! The sound of the cheers & screams & applause are something I have yet to again experience.

When Jimmy played the opening notes to Stairway, I thought the roof would cave in. It was deafening, and is something I will never forget.. ......you couldn't even hear the music it was so loud. The entire Garden singing the words to STH was the single greatest concert experience I have witnessed/heard!!

Yeah it wasn't perfect, & Mr. Page really didn't look healthy, but it didn't matter. Jimmy Page was back on stage, at the Garden, playing music!!! He could have farted & burped into the mic & still the place would have went berserk. The Garden was welcoming back their hero after 6yrs away.

Archived