Robert Plant Band of Joy Tour 2011

SteveAJones

If "In the Mood" and "Tall Cool One" aren't songs from Plant's solo career, I'm not sure what they are. Of course, he is also going to perform his more recent work in concert. It wouldn't make sense to do otherwise, unless you're an artist who gets by entirely on nostalgia.

Aren't they, these songs are on discs with "Robert Plant" on the title.....explain???:huh:

I like to remember back to a big part of what made Zeppelin my favorite band... versatility, different styles

I really like roots music so for me this is good stuff...

I think this may be the best alternate version of RNR yet and i really liked black dog ( i agree black dog seems over played but so is the full band Zep stadium version of BD- im surprised how much i like the alternative versions and its great call and response for the audience , MMH I like the BOJ version better- having said that I really like the instrumental part of MMh- the vocal lines will take a little while for me to get used to.

If "In the Mood" and "Tall Cool One" aren't songs from Plant's solo career, I'm not sure what they are. Of course, he is also going to perform his more recent work in concert. It wouldn't make sense to do otherwise, unless you're an artist who gets by entirely on nostalgia.

Jahfin miss read your comment ignore question. Thanks :slapface:

My husband and I go to Marfa several times each year, including for El Cosmico, so we were at this show. I've always liked the fact that Marfa is not well-known at all but I think this may be about to change and I have mixed feelings about it. Although this (Crown Vic) isn't my favorite kind of music, it is always fun to hear a band like this one (with or without RP) play live in an outdoor setting on a beautiful evening. What I liked about the crowd at El Cosmico was the fact that there really didn't seem to be any cadres of Robert (or LZ) fans who were there because it was Robert Plant onstage. I don't know whether this was because of Marfa's geographic location or the fact that the rumor of his appearance was unconfirmed until it was too late for many to get there but, for me, it was a nice change not to be surrounded by "Robert worshippers". I recognized several faces in the crowd as belonging to "Marfa regulars" or "Austin regulars" and I had the impression that if Robert didn't do any LZ songs at all that night, few in the crowd would have been disappointed. I did like watching Robert and Patty interact with one another before the show - it was lovely to watch - and I think that his moving to Austin to be with her is sweet and endearing. I wish them love and happiness...and hope fans will respect their privacy.

Rolling Stone has a nice write up on the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival here.

Getty Images has some pretty amazing pictures of the festival as well...several of Robert, including when he came on during Patty's set to sing "Lonely Avenue" and then some of him just out watching the music or waiting for his next guest appearance.

6209071406_44e1b41e03.jpg

6208556979_c0708f1e5b.jpg

6208713114_9fb266dfbd.jpg

Are there any good "private recordings" floating around for this tour? I've got a few tunes from the April 15h show but the fidelity isn't that great.

My hope for a legitimate live album release from this tour lives on..............

There are many recordings out there if you know where to look. Some are better than others. I have found the following.

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Memphis TN - 7-13-2010

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Tulsa, AZ - 7-16-2010

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Phoenix AZ - 7-20-2010

Robert Plant & Band Of Joy - Saenger Theatre - Mobile AL - 07-28-2010

Robert Plant & Band Of Joy - Ruth Eckerd Hall - Clearwater, FL - 07-30-2010

Robert Plant & Band Of Joy - Bayfront Ampitheater - Miami, FL - 07-31-2010

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - The Roundhouse - The Electric Proms - London, England - 10-29-2010

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Toronto, Canada - 01-22-2011

Robert Plant & Band Of Joy - Constitution Hall - Washington DC - 02-01-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Raleigh, NC - 02-02-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Charlotte, NC - 02-07-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Louisville, KY 04-08-2011

Robert Plant & Band Of Joy - Hollywood Hard Rock - Hollywood, FL - 04-14-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Wanee Festival - Live Oaks, FL - 04-15-2011

Robert Plant & Band Of Joy - Queen Elizabeth Theatre - Vancouver BC - 04-17-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Paramount Theater - Seattle, WA - 04-20-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - The Greek - Berkeley, CA - 04-22-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Watson Stage - Merlefest - North Wilkesboro, NC - 05-01-2011

Robert Plant & Band Of Joy - The Fabulous Fox Theatre - Atlanta, GA - 05.02.2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Live at Bonaroo - Manchester, TN - 06-12-11

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Live Palace Theatre - Columbus, OH - 06-13-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Telluride Bluegrass Festival - Telluride, CO - 06 -19-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Salle Wilfried Pelletier at La Place Des Arts - Montreal Jazz Festival - Montreal, Canada - 06-24-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Moscow, Russia - 07-29-2011

Robert Plant & Band of Joy - Zitadelle Spandau - Berlin, Germany - 08-03-2011

Robert Plant & The Band of Joy - Lokeren, Belgium - 08-05-2011

Archived