JPJ's live Kashmir tone

JimmyPageZoSo56

Well, although I went to 5 of the 6 LA Forum shows in '77, I don't know if I would classify myself as a 77 guru.

All I can tell you is that unlike '75, where the song was a stand-alone and Jimmy used his Les Paul sunburst, in '77 it was appended to

White Summer/Black Mountain Side and Jimmy used the Danelectro.

I figure the '77 gurus will be all of over. :lol:

You rang? :P

I do believe Jonesy was still using the Mellotron for "Kashmir" in '77 and '75...don't think he switched to the Yamaha synth for the piece until '79.

IIRC Tony Banks from Genesis finally packed in the 'Tron round that same time ('77 Wind And Wuthering Tour) irrevocably changing the sound of the band for good.

Understandable- them 'Trons were a real pain in the ass to play properly and maintain...classic sound, though.

You rang? :P

I do believe Jonesy was still using the Mellotron for "Kashmir" in '77 and '75...don't think he switched to the Yamaha synth for the piece until '79.

IIRC Tony Banks from Genesis finally packed in the 'Tron round that same time ('77 Wind And Wuthering Tour) irrevocably changing the sound of the band for good.

Understandable- them 'Trons were a real pain in the ass to play properly and maintain...classic sound, though.

Thanks nutrocker. Just trying to find the right tone for the our engineer/production guy who happens to play keys and sits in with my band.

Archived