Photos from Jimmy's Book

Magic Fills the Air

That's the only pic which made me wonder: "What the hell was he thinking putting that pic in the book". It might not show it in this re-pic, but when you see it in the book, you can clearly see that Jimmy is not in the best of health.

Jimmybook112.jpg

Edited by hecube

Jimmybook042.jpg

I love thinking about him writing Friends on that balcony. :D

He explains about 'Friends' in Guitar World last month.It's very interesting. :)

GUITAR WORLD Where did Led Zeppelin III begin?

JIMMY PAGE The first two things I had for the third album were “Immigrant Song” and “Friends,” which wasn’t a bad place to start. “Immigrant Song” had a great driving riff, which spoke for itself. “Friends” on the other hand was more exotic—it had a North African or Indian flavor. I remember I was playing around with this open C tuning [low to high, C A C G C E], but before I had written anything, I had a massive argument with my ex-wife. I went out on a balcony in my house, and suddenly the whole song spilled out, just like that. Considering the song’s origins, it’s ironic that it ended up being called “Friends.” [laughs]

In many ways, those songs were two sides of the coin for the third album: the electric and the acoustic. “Since I’ve Been Loving You” was also around, but it was a work in progress. We’d been playing it live but hadn’t been able to capture it in the studio.

I really would like to know more episodes about their songs. :P

Jimmy talks a lot about 'III'.

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/jimmy_page_discusses_led_zeppelin_iii?page=0%2C0

He explains about 'Friends' in Guitar World last month.It's very interesting. :)

GUITAR WORLD Where did Led Zeppelin III begin?

JIMMY PAGE The first two things I had for the third album were “Immigrant Song” and “Friends,” which wasn’t a bad place to start. “Immigrant Song” had a great driving riff, which spoke for itself. “Friends” on the other hand was more exotic—it had a North African or Indian flavor. I remember I was playing around with this open C tuning [low to high, C A C G C E], but before I had written anything, I had a massive argument with my ex-wife. I went out on a balcony in my house, and suddenly the whole song spilled out, just like that. Considering the song’s origins, it’s ironic that it ended up being called “Friends.” [laughs]

In many ways, those songs were two sides of the coin for the third album: the electric and the acoustic. “Since I’ve Been Loving You” was also around, but it was a work in progress. We’d been playing it live but hadn’t been able to capture it in the studio.

I really would like to know more episodes about their songs. :P

Jimmy talks a lot about 'III'.

http://www.guitarworld.com/article/jimmy_page_discusses_led_zeppelin_iii?page=0%2C0

Interesting! :D I have that issue. Will have to read closer.

Oh,I forgot to write this!Thank you very much for starting this excellent thread,Magic Fill The Air.

Though I didn't buy the book I could see many of photos from my wonderful kind friend.I love most photos.

Edited by Alice75