Photos from Jimmy's Book

Magic Fills the Air

The soundtrack for the film 'Death Wish II' was produced in just eight weeks, circa Sep/Oct 1981, at The Sol. It's possible this photo was taken prior to leaving for Los Angeles in December 1981 to deliver the mastertapes to the film studio. Alternatively, it may have been taken after he returned to promote the film's Feb 1982 release.

I don't show he appeared in the April 1982 issue of Guitar Player magazine - please reconfirm if possible.

roland_02.jpg

roland_03.jpg

This advertisement originally appeared in the April 1982 issue of Guitar Player.

Understanding technology Series Roland took out a two page spread in the April 1982 issue of Guitar Player magazine to highlight the use of the GR-300 by some of the most famous guitar players of the day: Andy Summers, Robert Fripp, Jimmy Page and Jeff (Skunk) Baxter.

Thanks Magic and all who posted photos. I was not able to purchase the book due to its incredible high cost. $$$ Maybe he'll reprint this in paperback some day for us less fortunate! :slapface:

Thanks again!!

Not to be a party pooper but I hope he doesn't...

I, along the with the others who bought this limited ed. book, bought into the fact that it was a limited edition.

Good for you. Are you saying that if it hadn't have been a limited edition run, you wouldn't have bought it? If Jimmy or his publishers decide to re-print the book at some later date so that more people can obtain a copy, is the copy you bought going to suddenly be worthless now that's no longer a "limited edition"?

What nonsense. Other people have a right to buy a copy of this book if it's made available to them, you're not special or privileged just because you have one now. It's not their fault you threw away a ton of money on the book, and now don't want anyone else to have it so it justifies your spending the money in the first place.

Good for you. Are you saying that if it hadn't have been a limited edition run, you wouldn't have bought it? If Jimmy or his publishers decide to re-print the book at some later date so that more people can obtain a copy, is the copy you bought going to suddenly be worthless now that's no longer a "limited edition"?

What nonsense. Other people have a right to buy a copy of this book if it's made available to them, you're not special or privileged just because you have one now. It's not their fault you threw away a ton of money on the book, and now don't want anyone else to have it so it justifies your spending the money in the first place.

You're reading a lot more in my post than what was actually in there. Calm down.

Thanks Magic and all who posted photos. I was not able to purchase the book due to its incredible high cost. $$$ Maybe he'll reprint this in paperback some day for us less fortunate! :slapface:

Thanks again!!

I heard last year in April that a lower cost version of the book (paperback or softback?) would become available. Who knows how long that will take for it to happen. Look how long it took Genesis to get to the book out to those who paid a lot of money for the limited edition copies.

roland_02.jpg

roland_03.jpg

This advertisement originally appeared in the April 1982 issue of Guitar Player.

Understanding technology Series Roland took out a two page spread in the April 1982 issue of Guitar Player magazine to highlight the use of the GR-300 by some of the most famous guitar players of the day: Andy Summers, Robert Fripp, Jimmy Page and Jeff (Skunk) Baxter.

Thank you, Jeff. I wasn't aware of this advert in that magazine. I have a 24"x36" Roland promotional poster that uses only the same image of Jimmy as in this advert.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to order the book but by the time I found out it was already sold out. Could you be as so kind to post some early pictures? That would be really awesome.

If anyone would like some more photos from the book posting from specific periods/events just let me know. :)

WOW!!! This book has some awesome stuff. I wish there were more avaialble and available at a better price. Guess we can't have everything in this world. I appreciate the time people took to share these pictures with us. It was great to see some of them. It looks like an awesome book. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

How much was Pagey's book again? Looks like it may have been a good investment: there are copies for sale on Ebay going for $1,000 - $4,000 - plenty of bidders too.

Did Jimmy sign all 2,500?

How much was Pagey's book again? Looks like it may have been a good investment: there are copies for sale on Ebay going for $1,000 - $4,000 - plenty of bidders too.

Did Jimmy sign all 2,500?

He did

Archived