Photos from Jimmy's Book

Magic Fills the Air

I was able to have a brief look at the book some months ago (I don't own it) and I remember a pic in the right side, a quite impressive close up of Jimmy's face in the same way of the previous that Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 posted, but it wasn't any of the ones that are on the internet, if I'm not wrong. I would be very grateful if you found it, aen :)

I was able to have a brief look at the book some months ago (I don't own it) and I remember a pic in the right side, a quite impressive close up of Jimmy's face in the same way of the previous that Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 posted, but it wasn't any of the ones that are on the internet, if I'm not wrong. I would be very grateful if you found it, aen :)

You are also welcome, Laura_Page. It was not as expensive as it is being sold now, but it was well worth waiting for for all those months. I actually recieved it on Jimmy's birthday. It's a prize posssesion for me. I love it so much.I think its close up Zacron took from 1970?

I guess how thrilling would have been to receive such a book in such a memorable day :D great for you that you can have a look at it as much as you want :D

No, it's not that one although it's the same kind of pic. I think it was around 69-70 time, Jimmy had still long hair (if I'm not wrong) and a quite serious expression.

I guess how thrilling would have been to receive such a book in such a memorable day :D great for you that you can have a look at it as much as you want :D

No, it's not that one although it's the same kind of pic. I think it was around 69-70 time, Jimmy had still long hair (if I'm not wrong) and a quite serious expression.

I meant it was a long wait as it was long over the schudle as Jimmy was adding stuff and they handed sew the book together.

This must be it. It is 1970, the black and white one is too, but after he cut his hair.

Jimmybook040-1.jpg

I hadn't realized that he and Ronnie Lane were friends. That may explain why he did the ARMS concerts even though he was in pretty bad shape at the time from what I've read.

You are very welcome, Mark. I love it. I love he included it too. I think he included a lot of ones that meant a lot to him.

I hadn't realized that he and Ronnie Lane were friends. That may explain why he did the ARMS concerts even though he was in pretty bad shape at the time from what I've read.

I have heard that Jimmy always called him on his birthday and paid for at least some of Ronnie's medical stuff.

I have heard that Jimmy always called him on his birthday and paid for at least some of Ronnie's medical stuff.

Jimmy definitely placed a birthday greetings call to Ronnie on Apr 1, 1985 and as I understand thus began a tradition he continued for many years (if not until Ronnie's death in 1997). Ronnie had moved to Houston, TX so Jimmy wasn't able to see him nearly as often as they would have liked.

Jimmy definitely placed a birthday greetings call to Ronnie on Apr 1, 1985 and as I understand thus began a tradition he continued for many years (if not until Ronnie's death in 1997). Ronnie had moved to Houston, TX so Jimmy wasn't able to see him nearly as often as they would have liked.

It made me very happy that Jimmy made a special effort to see him during the Outrider tour ....and adding the picture to his book.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a true story, Mr. Jones........ Jimmy ALWAYS made it a point to find and reach out to Ronnie on April 1st every year and make that call, no matter how intense his schedule and it continued until Ronnie's passing......

Jimmy also made it a point to give proper and lasting credit to Ronnie and the ARMS tour, as being the single most important step in getting him to play live again in the 80's after the demise of Led Zeppelin....

Deep respect and abiding friendship, to be sure.....!!

Article in Random Notes - Rolling Stone (posted back during the Outrider tour in 1988)

Ronnie-Jimmy-Rolling-Stone1988.jpg

Definitely a true story, Mr. Jones........ Jimmy ALWAYS made it a point to find and reach out to Ronnie on April 1st every year and make that call, no matter how intense his schedule and it continued until Ronnie's passing......

Jimmy also made it a point to give proper and lasting credit to Ronnie and the ARMS tour, as being the single most important step in getting him to play live again in the 80's after the demise of Led Zeppelin....

Deep respect and abiding friendship, to be sure.....!!

Article in Random Notes - Rolling Stone (posted back during the Outrider tour in 1988)

Ronnie-Jimmy-Rolling-Stone1988.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing this. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived