ALICE COOPER Is Baffled By PLANT's Unwillingness To Take Part In ZEPPELIN Reunion

And what about the Native Scotish tribes that you tried to eradicate. They had you kissing their arse as well! may i ask if you are an oldie then why is your profile pic of an infant???:lol:

Yeah quite good, except I'm from one of those Indian Tribes that you lot tried to Eradicate. :o

Regards, BIGCHIEF BIGDAN of the WATDOICARE TRIBE

PS, Not bad for an Oldie huh? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Who the heck cares what the correct quote is? I live in a place where we are permitted to react in a manner in which we choose. I am not angry and have not told my life sob story and make eveyything about me. Sorry Fool, but the world doesnt revolve around littleDan. Its my decision in whether i choose to ignore it or not, not yours. I think your a little biased with everything is coming from my end. You should reread his posts. As A Led Zeppelin fan of over 30 years, i am not 1 to get caught up in all this drama as i have been coming to this site often for many years now. Its just his posts are so full of himself! Sorry thats just the way i feel. He is the one calling out to other members getting them to comment on whats between me and HIM.

It was you that started all this "DRAMA". We are all entitled to our own opinions, Danny had his and explained why he felt that way.

He most certainly did not call out to me to comment on his behalf, it is an open Forum, maybe you should have sent him a P.M.

As none of this crap has anything to do with the actual Topic...:whistling:

No thanks, I would rather be an American with poor english grammar but has good values and treats others with respect and fairness and not telling someone what they should or shouldnt be doing with their lives. back to square one, anyone remember? Or is all you can remember is my grammar? Its funny how when you guys come up empty you resort to the grammar corrections. Is this a Led Zeppelin forum or an english teacher's forum? Excuse me the Queen's English forum?

Maybe you should have kept the "QUEENS ENGLISH", your spelling & Grammar are awful....:wacko:

If Dan has the right to his opinion then why dont I? Why cant you let Dan fight his own battles? Maybe he is not so big afterall?

It was you that started all this "DRAMA". We are all entitled to our own opinions, Danny had his and explained why he felt that way.

He most certainly did not call out to me to comment on his behalf, it is an open Forum, maybe you should have sent him a P.M.

As none of this crap has anything to do with the actual Topic...:whistling:

No thanks, I would rather be an American with poor english grammar but has good values and treats others with respect and fairness and not telling someone what they should or shouldnt be doing with their lives. back to square one, anyone remember? Or is all you can remember is my grammar? Its funny how when you guys come up empty you resort to the grammar corrections. Is this a Led Zeppelin forum or an english teacher's forum? Excuse me the Queen's English forum?

Maybe you should have kept the "QUEENS ENGLISH", your spelling & Grammar are awful....:wacko:

AND WHAT MAY I ASK HAVE YOU WITH YOUR 30 YEARS OF BEING A ZEP FAN ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTED SO FAR TO THIS FORUM...:whistling:

And what about the Native Scotish tribes that you tried to eradicate. They had you kissing their arse as well! may i ask if you are an oldie then why is your profile pic of an infant???:lol:

Sorry mate, I though all the Scotch were living down here in England, where the NHS and The Dole is free, don't you get Freebie's in that Rich Country you call America then? :whistling:

That picture is a current Pic, I use a lot of anti ageing cream. :D:blush:

Regards, Danny

Like i said in an earlier post, i dont get involved in the conversations that take place in the forum section of this site bcz it just doesnt interest me. the only reason why i did this time bcz i was curious about what Alice Cooper had to say about Robert Plant and then i saw Dan's post and it just completely turned me off. Your right i just have ignored it. But unfortunately i didnt and it made dan mad but it was ok for him to disect my post, correct my grammar, reach down as far as he could go to deflect and change the topic of discussion and insult me to boot. He made it personal. I just stated what i thought of his post and what i thought of him for posting his view on someone else's life (Robert Plant). Who cares what he wants or doesnt want Robert Plant to do or not do. Who is he? I'm sorry but he comes off like Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin are here just to please him. Did he ever think of what they want to do with their musical careers and what pleases them. Its only then when they are pleased that they can please others with their creations. It doesnt work the other way around.

AND WHAT MAY I ASK HAVE YOU WITH YOUR 30 YEARS OF BEING A ZEP FAN ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTED SO FAR TO THIS FORUM...:whistling:

No they don't. They tried it and it didn't work.

Hi Knebby,

I thought that after watching the DVD Robert looked like he wasn't enjoying himself as much as I would have imagined, and you said that a friend of his had died shortly before the O2 gig, are you saying something else was behind his lack of enjoyment?

Kind Regards, Danny

I worked for everything i have accomplished in my life. own my home, traveled to lots of beautiful places here and abroad including England, experienced many beautiful cultures and live a very comfortable fullfilling life in my beautiful country of the United States of America, land of freedom and opportunity for all who choose to live here!!! Even you Dan can come here and make a life for yourself should you choose not to live in England anymore maybe because your nasty and arrogant character will no longer to permit you to live there since its such a small island, your bound to run out of places to hide. if that day ever comes to pass, look me up i will give you a real American greeting that will make my forefathers proud!!!

Sorry mate, I though all the Scotch were living down here in England, where the NHS and The Dole is free, don't you get Freebie's in that Rich Country you call America then? :whistling:

That picture is a current Pic, I use a lot of anti ageing cream. :D:blush:

Regards, Danny

Like i said in an earlier post, i dont get involved in the conversations that take place in the forum section of this site bcz it just doesnt interest me. the only reason why i did this time bcz i was curious about what Alice Cooper had to say about Robert Plant and then i saw Dan's post and it just completely turned me off. Your right i just have ignored it. But unfortunately i didnt and it made dan mad but it was ok for him to disect my post, correct my grammar, reach down as far as he could go to deflect and change the topic of discussion and insult me to boot. He made it personal. I just stated what i thought of his post and what i thought of him for posting his view on someone else's life (Robert Plant). Who cares what he wants or doesnt want Robert Plant to do or not do. Who is he? I'm sorry but he comes off like Robert Plant and Led Zeppelin are here just to please him. Did he ever think of what they want to do with their musical careers and what pleases them. Its only then when they are pleased that they can please others with their creations. It doesnt work the other way around.

Yes we are all entitled to our opinions, there is no right or wrongs just opinions.

It was you who started to verbally attack Danny, all he did was give as good as he got.

Yes there are lots of people who get a lot of enjoyment from his post, that is why they came to his defence.

Others on the other hand do not get any pleasure at all and no they did not side with you in your attack on him, they just ignore him.

Hope you continue to stick around, you might get use to Danny, he is harmless. :)

I worked for everything i have accomplished in my life. own my home, traveled to lots of beautiful places here and abroad including England, experienced many beautiful cultures and live a very comfortable fullfilling life in my beautiful country of the United States of America, land of freedom and opportunity for all who choose to live here!!! Even you Dan can come here and make a life for yourself should you choose not to live in England anymore maybe because your nasty and arrogant character will no longer to permit you to live there since its such a small island, your bound to run out of places to hide. if that day ever comes to pass, look me up i will give you a real American greeting that will make my forefathers proud!!!

Hi Lives,

I thought I was just getting somewhere with you and now you have to go and spoil it don't you?

I don't get Angry when someone tries to insult me or my English Heritage I just get even, and I use Humour to achieve this, that's probably why you don't get it. So stop all this crap and lets try to get along because you and me are never in a month of Fridays gonna meet to sort this out, we are just a pair of ageing cyber warriors shaking our egos at each other. You cannot INSULT me, why? because I refuse to accept that any Person, Social Standing, Race, Gender or Creed is better than Me, I'm at the very top of the evolution scale and that's where I'm gonna stay.

Regards, Danny

PS, Did you see how much you post count has improved since you met me? I'm good for something then?

Who the heck cares what the correct quote is? I live in a place where we are permitted to react in a manner in which we choose. I am not angry and have not told my life sob story and make eveyything about me. Sorry Fool, but the world doesnt revolve around littleDan. Its my decision in whether i choose to ignore it or not, not yours. I think your a little biased with everything is coming from my end. You should reread his posts. As A Led Zeppelin fan of over 30 years, i am not 1 to get caught up in all this drama as i have been coming to this site often for many years now. Its just his posts are so full of himself! Sorry thats just the way i feel. He is the one calling out to other members getting them to comment on whats between me and HIM.

I don't always agree (read as rarely) with Dan but I will defend his right to an opinion without fear or favour or threats of violence (which you clearly made earlier), whether in jest or not it is unacceptable.

He did not ask for my input, I offered it on my own volition as I thought your comment about smacking him in the head was totally uncalled for.

Is freedom of speech only limited to Americans?

Hardly.

Every country have had their arse kicked by someone, sometime, usually but not always, when they invade another country.

America is no different (remember Little Big Horn, The Alamo and Vietnam?) and even suffered a terrorist attack on it's home soil and they weren't the only country effected or appalled by it.

It's also disappointing when the racist card is played as once again no country on the planet is without come kind of civil rights issue or violation and pointing the finger doesn't help.

You seem to be an educated person but some of your comments are puerile at best and inflammatory at worst.

My grammar, spelling and punctuation is something I take pride in and it bugs me when the English language is butchered by anyone, but you know what, who gives a rodents rectum?

Back to topic, I enjoy Roberts new and past work even though my favourite period of his is Led Zeppelin and most all other music genres too.

I have been enjoying it for over 40 years and was fortunate enough to see them live at their peak (IMO), in 1972.

Alice Cooper and everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion, if people don't agree with it, fine, disagree but be civil about it.

Personally I want Jimmy to get off his arse and make some music both on record and on stage.

Cheers.

Well thanks good ole dannyboy for clarifying your self proclaimed position of the evolution scale. Please stay there! How your into Led Zeppelin's music in the 1st place is beyond me. You had about as much choice of being English as i have being American. Guess you cant agree with what God created and that is many beautiful people of many different cultures of races, nationalities and creeds. I think your in a time warp buddy bcz the only place you belong is in Hitler's Nazi Germany. The very same people who blietzcrieged the beautiful city in which you live in today you moron!!! Enjoy your time on top of the mountain bcz it is there where you will sit alone! Take your regards and shove it up your arse! You are such a loser. I go back to my original post, you dont know jack shit about what Led Zeppelin's music is about and i really do pity you!!!

Hi Lives,

I thought I was just getting somewhere with you and now you have to go and spoil it don't you?

I don't get Angry when someone tries to insult me or my English Heritage I just get even, and I use Humour to achieve this, that's probably why you don't get it. So stop all this crap and lets try to get along because you and me are never in a month of Fridays gonna meet to sort this out, we are just a pair of ageing cyber warriors shaking our egos at each other. You cannot INSULT me, why? because I refuse to accept that any Person, Social Standing, Race, Gender or Creed is better than Me, I'm at the very top of the evolution scale and that's where I'm gonna stay.

Regards, Danny

PS, Did you see how much you post count has improved since you met me? I'm good for something then?

The band died on september 25th 1980.....there is no more zeppelin. how many times does this need to be said??

i saw robert both night in toronto last week and he was incredible....brought tears to my eyes. it is what it is....but it will never ever be zeppelin again because john is not around and robert understands that and respects it. the work he is doing now is amazing on so many levels.

if i want to hear zeppelin then i have my 250 zeppelin bootlegs to listen to and their studio albums.....that's as close as it'll ever get :)

cheers

Never said he didnt have the right to his opinion, i only stated what i thought of his opinion and how it comes off as being selfish. Never stated freedom of speech is limited to americans. He wants to be a wiseguy then he will be treated like a wiseguy. I stand by everything i said. Sorry if its to rough for you. As i have stated i have been to England a few times and been treated with nothing less then kindness and impecible hospitality and have over the years made some really nice connections with British people as i have over here as well. I am not a racist nor do i believe that i am better then anyone or that my country is better then anyone else's. I dont make fun of other people's belief's or judge a country, nationality or race by the actions of 1 person. Trust me i have such fond memories of London as well as Paris, Copenhagen, Sweden as well many of the other beautiful places i have been too as well as in my own country. Obviously this whole thing started with a very selfish comment about what someone thinks Robert Plant should be doing with his career instead of respecting his right to go in any direction he so desires. I am absolutely sure if you asked the boys if they thought they were at the top of the eveloution scale they would just laugh. I bet if you asked them if 1 of their fans who happens to be of the same nationality as they are that they think they are on top of the evolution scale bcz he is british, i am sure they would all agree that they would be better off without having that fan promoting or talking about their music. Just my humble opinion. Is that more civilized for you reggie? Hey if Bonzo can threaten Sting for steppin on his shoes then i surely would think you can understand my comment. I really dont care what you think is right or wrong as i will handle myself in the manner i feel is appropiate for the situation that presents itself and will deal with whatever consequences or fallout that results from it.. I am a big boy and i am damn proud of my heritage too. I thank you Reggie for your opinion. I just dont agree with it. Sorry.

I don't always agree (read as rarely) with Dan but I will defend his right to an opinion without fear or favour or threats of violence (which you clearly made earlier), whether in jest or not it is unacceptable.

He did not ask for my input, I offered it on my own volition as I thought your comment about smacking him in the head was totally uncalled for.

Is freedom of speech only limited to Americans?

Hardly.

Every country have had their arse kicked by someone, sometime, usually but not always, when they invade another country.

America is no different (remember Little Big Horn, The Alamo and Vietnam?) and even suffered a terrorist attack on it's home soil and they weren't the only country effected or appalled by it.

It's also disappointing when the racist card is played as once again no country on the planet is without come kind of civil rights issue or violation and pointing the finger doesn't help.

You seem to be an educated person but some of your comments are puerile at best and inflammatory at worst.

My grammar, spelling and punctuation is something I take pride in and it bugs me when the English language is butchered by anyone, but you know what, who gives a rodents rectum?

Back to topic, I enjoy Roberts new and past work even though my favourite period of his is Led Zeppelin and most all other music genres too.

I have been enjoying it for over 40 years and was fortunate enough to see them live at their peak (IMO), in 1972.

Alice Cooper and everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion, if people don't agree with it, fine, disagree but be civil about it.

Personally I want Jimmy to get off his arse and make some music both on record and on stage.

Cheers.

Didnt Alice mention in the article that he is looking for a nasty english fellow for his guilitine bit? Hey BIGDAN are you available? Come'on an american artist will make you famous. hehe :whistling:

This thread is a whole lot of funny. Now, on to the actual topic................

I can't think of anyone, aside from Alice Cooper himself, that actually cares what he thinks about Robert Plant's solo career.

This thread is a whole lot of funny. Now, on to the actual topic................

I can't think of anyone, aside from Alice Cooper himself, that actually cares what he thinks about Robert Plant's solo career.

Word.

Vince is really a good guy but his opinion is as relevent as anybody else's around these parts.

Rob is doing what HE wants to do and has earned his direction. I want otherwise but i have no say.

No more Zeppelin.

Game over.

Didnt Alice mention in the article that he is looking for a nasty english fellow for his guilitine bit? Hey BIGDAN are you available? Come'on an american artist will make you famous. hehe :whistling:

Danny is a good man, imo. Alway's opinionated(i like that) but forever honest.

Be nice.

Danny aka BIGDAN is one of the nicest posters I've ever come across here. His humour and wit ALWAYS amaze me and I am always interested to read his take on things. He makes this forum a really cool place to hang out in. He is my favourite poster on here. His sense of humour is just infectious and I always find myself cheering up on reading Danny's posts here even after a hard day! He doesn't talk through his hat, IMHO! He is to me really intelligent and creative. That's just my opinion and no one can change it.

Anyway, back to the topic (before someone crticises me :rolleyes: ) : I do think Alice Cooper should view the following thread :

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/14709-robert-plant-almost-quit-led-zeppelin/

I must admit that I have bashed poor Robert in the past about his unwillingness to take part in a Zep reunion. But after reading that thread above, I understood why Robert is so unwilling to do a reunion and I respect his wishes! Through that thread, I could sense Robert's pain and IMO, that thread is from his point of view! Literally! I am not a fan of the musical direction Robert is pursuing at the moment and if someone here or outside this forum tells me that I am not a "true" Zep head because of that, they are dead wrong!

The band died on september 25th 1980.....there is no more zeppelin. how many times does this need to be said??

cheers

With respect there are few people who think just that, but in reality there was a Led Zeppelin after at the o2, whether people like it or not Led Zeppelin played in 1985(ok a bit of a push) but they did as led Zeppelin in 1988(it might not of been pretty) and again 2007. This isn't an opinion but fact...on the tin it said Led Zeppelin, people I guess should be saying they ended as we know it in 1980, because yes Bonzo died and it could never be as good or as it was.

I do feel some people ( IMHO) should accept the reality that Zeppelin did some shows after Bonzo. Its very quaint to say it ended when Bonzo died, yet both Page and Jones it seems wanted to do one last Zeppelin tour after the o2 gig without Bonzo for obvious reasons. If they thought it would do the name of Zeppelin justice thne so do I as they created the music (Plant didn't want to and thats cool too), so back to your point it doesn't need to be said again as yours ay that they ended in 1980.....it Just had as we had known it.

I read people here that say what Plant is doing now is "amazing". Compared to...? What? Led Zeppelin? His early solo stuff? What exactly makes K/P and the BOJ so amazing to those that think it is, just curious? IMO Plants best solo efforts were Fate of Nations and MR, and even those I wouldnt call "amazing". But they are good (compared to the previous 5 efforts), mostly because they were more Zeppelinish in style and tone.

I read people here that say what Plant is doing now is "amazing". Compared to...? What? Led Zeppelin? His early solo stuff? What exactly makes K/P and the BOJ so amazing to those that think it is, just curious? IMO Plants best solo efforts were Fate of Nations and MR, and even those I wouldnt call "amazing". But they are good (compared to the previous 5 efforts), mostly because they were more Zeppelinish in style and tone.

First, for the first time ever, he is singing with other singers. I'm not a singer but I think it would be really hard to harmonize with others. Not just Patty, but with Darrell and Buddy. Four voices together is extremely powerful, and puts the vocals front and center. Seeing them live, there were vocal moments that gave me shivers.

Second, if you get the opportunity to see BOJ live, there is an obvious synergy within the band and a complexity to the music that I don't think comes across as well on the cd. Incredibly talented musicians. It's hard to put a label on the music: rock, gospel, folk, country, blues rolled up together. If you like some of the more acoustic songs from Zeppelin, the BOJ songs would fit right in there. If you only like the hard rock songs, you probably wouldn't enjoy this.

Amazing is a strong word. Of major name musicians, this was the best show I saw in the past year. Considering I saw Clapton and Roger Waters doing the Wall, I think that's pretty amazing.

I agree with whoever said the only person who cares what Alice Cooper says is Alice Cooper.

Archived