No "In Through the Out Door" tonight

I've just got to put this out there:

In Through the Out Door SUCKED

I love all their other albums. They're my favorite band ever, and I'm a hardcore fan. Yet I hated that album.

Why did you hate that album, because they were moving in a different direction, as they did with the third album!!!!

I love ITTOD just as much as any other album. And Carouselambra remains on my top 3 tracks of all time. Wish they would've done it.

Carouselambra is an awsome tune, I love the middle section with the two dragging chords going back and forth...completely different, adventurous and unexpected. How can you not at least like this album. People expect too much sometimes from great bands. No, it's not Zep 2 or 4 but it's still good music. In the Evening, Fool in the Rain, Carouselambra, All my Love......great songs!! I don't get all these cats putting down this album...It was simply different

Carouselambra is an awsome tune, I love the middle section with the two dragging chords going back and forth...completely different, adventurous and unexpected. How can you not at least like this album. People expect too much sometimes from great bands. No, it's not Zep 2 or 4 but it's still good music. In the Evening, Fool in the Rain, Carouselambra, All my Love......great songs!! I don't get all these cats putting down this album...It was simply different

ITTOD is a underrated album

I love ITTOD just as much as any other album. And Carouselambra remains on my top 3 tracks of all time. Wish they would've done it.

Carouselambra is a fabulous song, and really highlights the talents that John Paul Jones offers the band. Someone had a Carouselambra sign at the concert. It would have been great to hear that live -- but I was grateful for For Your Life. What a trip.

I was thinking that ITTOD was the last release before Bonzo died and I'm sure they were rehearsing many of the numbers to play in America in 1980. They played a couple of the songs in the tour over Europe (ITE & AOML)- maybe the songs brought back sad memories? Hard to say. In the evening would have been good and PP played it in 95'

Oh, you're SURE they were rehearsing many numbers to play in America?

Wrong again, chum. Bonzo died the first day of rehearsals for the US tour, and they barely played at all that day because he was so drunk.

EDITED to add:

I see from Pearl's previous comments on Page and Plant during the 77 tour that he/she is nothing more than a troglodyte.

I was thinking that ITTOD was the last release before Bonzo died and I'm sure they were rehearsing many of the numbers to play in America in 1980. They played a couple of the songs in the tour over Europe (ITE & AOML)- maybe the songs brought back sad memories? Hard to say. In the evening would have been good and PP played it in 95'

they also played hot dog

I really expected Carouselambra, but given that it was not played I wouldn't trade anything else for it. Its long. I read somewhere some "insider" claiming that they practiced it a lot prior to the show, but I guess that report was meaningless.

Did Page and Plant ever perform For Your Life?

On another ITTOD note, I watched the Knebworth clip of Hot Dog on youtube and it is pretty awesome live. Could have become a staple of their 80s set. But still wouldn't trade anything from the O2 setlist for it.

It's always a mistake to tour for an l.p. and not perform as many songs as possible from it during a tour (not neccesarily every show). Otherwise what's the point of the tour being for the l.p.? The tour would probably end up being like tourse before and there would not be any differences. Remember it is Mr. Plant who wants something new for them to go out touring again. Makes sense to me. Hence why I think in the new year they will start recording a new studio l.p. before a tour later in the year.

It's always a mistake to tour for an l.p. and not perform as many songs as possible from it during a tour (not neccesarily every show). Otherwise what's the point of the tour being for the l.p.? The tour would probably end up being like tourse before and there would not be any differences. Remember it is Mr. Plant who wants something new for them to go out touring again. Makes sense to me. Hence why I think in the new year they will start recording a new studio l.p. before a tour later in the year.

They didn't play that much from Physical Graffiti in '75 or Presence in '77.

Where has Robert said he wants to record a new album with Zeppelin? I like your optimism! :rolleyes:

Surprisingly, the Band chose not to include any songs from ITTOD...Anyone else surprised?

I am, thought maybe In The Evening would have been there.

Actually I thought if they would open with any song, that it would have been “In the Evening”.

Yes, I was surprised no ITTOD was in the set.

i was thinking the whole time that In the Evening was a definite before the Kashmir closer. but I'm not complaining. I dont really care at all how they chose songs for their set and what albums they want to include or leave out --- its all Zeppelin and its all relevant. At this point in 2007, its more "catalog" to them than seperate albums. .

To my knowledge, nobody on that stage last week ever played For Your Life live --- in answer to a previous question asked a few posts ago.

I still wish the very last encore was Thank You, but I'm not complaining one bit.

ITTOD is an amazing album. One of their most diverse albums this side of Physical Graffiti. Other Zep albums are more killer, but still, every song on ITTOD sounds totally different, yet they all work. It's a classy album. Plant's scream on I'm Gonna Crawl sends shivers up my spine, and South Bound Saurez is a pumping, fun, tight rock out. Carouselambra is one of my faves too. Bonzo was getting even better on drums, the drum work on ITTOD is unbelievable, smooth and powerful as though it were effortless for him. Just try playing Fool On The Rain on drums *properly*, any drummer will tell you, easy to fake, hard to master. FITR is one smooooth-ass pocket of groove. It's just another example of Bonham sending his drumming peers wimpering back to their practice rooms..

I think ITTOD was left untouched either to signal it was too near and dear the loss of JB, his last work with the band

or they didnt play anything off of it so as not to have played a complete career retrospective in peoples minds, kinda leaving the door open to say, there is more to come?

maybe the lucifer rising sound on the in the evening was bad juju for the guys who dont like the occult stuff? could be bad memories from that period of the band?

great record tho'

I was very pleased with the set list-- they cant play everything.

I like ITTOD, but its not my favorite. Other than In the Evening, which i always thought might make an interesting opening number, im not sure that anything really fit with the vibe of the night. In the evening also makes a nice closer, but not at the expense of Kashmir. And that leads to the pivotal point-- -what would they drop in favor of In the Evening, ALl my love or Fool in the rain? I would have hated to see anything they played dropped.

Why did you hate that album, because they were moving in a different direction, as they did with the third album!!!!

Yeah, basically. I liked Led Zeppelin's music and thier previous 7 albums, but when I started listening to ITTOD, it was like a whole different band. So dissappointed.

Surprisingly, the Band chose not to include any songs from ITTOD...Anyone else surprised?

I am, thought maybe In The Evening would have been there.

Yes I was a little bit, ITE or Carousalambra would of been good, but what they played that night were all classics, lets face they are all classics accept maybe D'yer Maker <_<

im with angle they probally wanted to do alot of atlantic lable sort of songs. Plus alot of thoese songs where based apon what do you think they being the crown might like or listen to, i mean if they are planning to come back are they are not gonna start with songs that didnt hit with a few people there gonna play stuff everyone likes and try and support the lable for the tribute.

im with angle they probally wanted to do alot of atlantic lable sort of songs. Plus alot of thoese songs where based apon what do you think they being the crown might like or listen to, i mean if they are planning to come back are they are not gonna start with songs that didnt hit with a few people there gonna play stuff everyone likes and try and support the lable for the tribute.

Yes good point but, Swan Song was distrubted by Atlantic !!

• 2 months later...

I have read so many articles and reviews about the 02 December reunion show that I can't remember where I read this, but I did. I have been getting the Classic Rock, Uncut , Mojo, Rolling Stone, Guitar World. Modern Drummer etc etc...- all the issues.

Anyway- one of the articles said that they did rehearse 'Fool in the Rain' and a small portion of 'Carouselambra' :D

I have read so many articles and reviews about the 02 December reunion show that I can't remember where I read this, but I did. I have been getting the Classic Rock, Uncut , Mojo, Rolling Stone, Guitar World. Modern Drummer etc etc...- all the issues.

Anyway- one of the articles said that they did rehearse 'Fool in the Rain' and a small portion of 'Carouselambra' :D

Glad they didn't play Fool in the Rain...not one of their better efforts.

Archived