Dortmund, Germany 6-17-80

DavidZoso

Some people don't care for the 1980 European tour-which ended up being the last live shows played by Led Zeppelin. I am not one of those. I actually really like this tour and have all the shows in my collection except Vienna 1980-anybody want to donate a copy to me will be much appreciated :P This first show is really energized-still rusty here and there but overall a succes for a opening night. Some of these photos originated on this site but they are labeled from the secong night in Cologne-that is wrong. Jimmy wore the pale blue pin striped suit in Cologne with the black shirt and white scarf like he did in Brussels, Vienna, Zurich, 1st show in Mannheim. Munich, and Berlin. There is some 8mm video footage that verifies that he is wearing this suit in Cologne. Anyway I hope you enjoy the pics and lets give thanks to the photographers who took the pics- Angela Stedouthe and Chris Turner.

June 17, 1980

Dortmund / Germany (Deutschland) / Westfalen Halle

Setlist:

TRain Kept a Rollin'

Nobody's Fault but Mine

Black Dog

In The Evening

The Rain Song

Hot Dog

All My LOve

Trampled Underfoot

Since I've Been Loving You

Achilles Last Stand

White Summer-Black Mountainside

Kashmir

Stairway to Heaven

encores:

Rock and Roll

Whole Lotta Love-Heartbreaker-Whole Lotta Love

Poster

dortmund80-poster.jpg

Train Kept a Rollin'

1980-06-17_JP_Westfallenhalle_Dortmund-01.jpg

Train Kept a Rollin'

dortmund80e.jpg

Train Kept a Rollin'/ Nobody's Fault but Mine

1980-06-17_RP_JP_Westfallenhalle_Dortmund-01.jpg

Train Kept a Rollin'/ Nobody's Fault but Mine

1980-06-17_RP_JP_JPJ_Westfallenhalle_Dortmund-01.jpg

Nobody's Fault but Mine

1980-06-18_RP_Sporthalle_Cologne-01.jpg

Jimmy speaking: Good Evening. Good Evening! Good Evening! Nice, right, well we're here, aren't we? OK, we got a little number now. It's called, in a bit of rough translation, uh, 'Svacthund', yes! BLACK DOG

1980-06-18_JP_JB_Sporthalle_Cologne-01.jpg

In the Evening

lz19800618_01.jpg

Percy

1980-06-18_RP_Sporthalle_Cologne-02.jpg

Bonzo

lz19800620_21.jpg

Trampled Underfoot

lz19800620_22.jpg

Trampled Underfoot

lz19800620_23.jpg

Trampled Underfoot

lz19800620_24.jpg

Trampled Underfoot

lz19800620_25.jpg

Since I've been Loving You

lz19800620_20.jpg

Jimmy speaking: Good Evening. Good Evening! Good Evening! Nice, right, well we're here, aren't we? OK, we got a little number now. It's called, in a bit of rough translation, uh, 'Svacthund', yes! BLACK DOG

1980-06-18_JP_JB_Sporthalle_Cologne-01.jpg

That is supposed to be "Schwarz Hund"

• 6 months later...

wow man can you help me how can i get this Led Zeppelin 6-17-1980 video in dortmund my father was in that concert and i want to surprise him with that video i must have this can you please tell me where can i get it?

wow man can you help me how can i get this Led Zeppelin 6-17-1980 video in dortmund my father was in that concert and i want to surprise him with that video i must have this can you please tell me where can i get it?

no video has surfaced for the Dortmund 6-17-80 show. The only video that has surfaced from this 1980 Europena tour is the following:

Cologne 6-18

Rotterdam 6-21-80

Zurich 6-29

Munich 7-5

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Weak?

Always thought this was a firebreathing show. Better in my mind than the critical darlings of Zurich or Frankfurt. Bonzo is on fire, pushing and stroking the fire. Later in the tour he settled into a less agressive groove.

I'll take Dortmund over any other 80 gig.

nice pics.....weak show

that having been said i'd give anything to be there

• 2 years later...

Archived