2011 Major League Baseball Thread

silvermedalist

In 71, McNally, Cuellar, Palmer, and Dobson, all won 20 games, a feat that has not been replicated.

Watched them all pitch. Cuellar known for believing in Ghosts. Of course Palmer and McNally were the best of the four. I thought the series win vs Cincy was 1970? So the next year was the year we blew a 3-1 series lead to the Pirates and Roberto Clemente. The four twenty game winners and Denny McClainn of Detroit's 30 win series are two that may not be eclipsed ever. Not with the modern system. They do not let pitchers go the distance any more.

The Orioles won again tonight!! Against all odds. Against a pitcher that was I believe 6-2 against us!! This may be a sign of better days to come even though I realize its only two games. But its two divisional games against a team that is supposed to beat us and beat us good. 'when I look at Balrimor's lineup I just do not get it? We have a very good lineup! The quetion is the pitching and so far so good. Good start. Go O's!!!!

The Orioles won again tonight!! Against all odds. Against a pitcher that was I believe 6-2 against us!! This may be a sign of better days to come even though I realize its only two games. But its two divisional games against a team that is supposed to beat us and beat us good. 'when I look at Balrimor's lineup I just do not get it? We have a very good lineup! The quetion is the pitching and so far so good. Good start. Go O's!!!!

I'm saving up for my World Series tickets!! :D

Dont jinx us. I will be very happy with a wild card.

Guess I forgot the sarcasm alert there ;)

However, the pitching has looked pretty decent this weekend. Have to enjoy it while we can!! Hope it holds out for tomorrow - I'd love to see them win at home!

At least the weather will be nice - mid-70's.

Guess I forgot the sarcasm alert there ;)

However, the pitching has looked pretty decent this weekend. Have to enjoy it while we can!! Hope it holds out for tomorrow - I'd love to see them win at home!

At least the weather will be nice - mid-70's.

Like our chances to beat the Tigers very much. At least in the series. Great game for the kid. Things are getting better alreedy

What amazes me is ever since Schowalter got to Baltimore the pitching all of a sudden got real good real fast. It carried over to this season too.

By the way since he took over as manager the Orioles have the best record in major league baseball compiling a record of 38-23 including this years start. Seriously, not Boston not the Yankees or the Phillies..............the Orioles.

Lastly, Nick Markakis is going to have a drop dead career season this year, fantasy league owners out there trade for him if you don't already have him on your team.

What amazes me is ever since Schowalter got to Baltimore the pitching all of a sudden got real good real fast. It carried over to this season too.

By the way since he took over as manager the Orioles have the best record in major league baseball compiling a record of 38-23 including this years start. Seriously, not Boston not the Yankees or the Phillies..............the Orioles.

Lastly, Nick Markakis is going to have a drop dead career season this year, fantasy league owners out there trade for him if you don't already have him on your team.

I called into the local moron talk show and of course the negatives still are thrown my way. Its only four games. Hopefully in a month or two they will stilll be winning and I believe they will be. Then they will have a tougher time brushing me off. Things are going to be different this time around in the AL East. Go O's!!!!

by the way, nice crowd and I watched the game as the MLB channel is still on as a promotion. they wantt you to buy the package for the entire season. I do it for hockey. Hope you had a good time EBK. I think you were there?

I called into the local moron talk show and of course the negatives still are thrown my way. Its only four games. Hopefully in a month or two they will stilll be winning and I believe they will be. Then they will have a tougher time brushing me off. Things are going to be different this time around in the AL East. Go O's!!!!

by the way, nice crowd and I watched the game as the MLB channel is still on as a promotion. they wantt you to buy the package for the entire season. I do it for hockey. Hope you had a good time EBK. I think you were there?

It was a glorious day!! 80 degrees, sunny, and - wonders on wonders - the O's played well. And won!

They've really spruced up the stadium, too. Can't wait to go back on Sunday when it won't be so crowded :)

It was a glorious day!! 80 degrees, sunny, and - wonders on wonders - the O's played well. And won!

They've really spruced up the stadium, too. Can't wait to go back on Sunday when it won't be so crowded :)

It was great to see Earl Weaver. I saw the people entering the stadium. Got alot of good views of the entire stadium. I will enjoy it while the MLB channel is still on. After that the only free games we get are either national, espn or the damn Yankees every night. I hope they keep it going and the young staff pitches well. Guthrie has the flu. May miss his start. Wait until the meat of the order gets going. The 789 hitters are coming through now but that will change. I just hope the pitching lasts. I am convinced they are heading in the right direction and I am not listening to the idiots picking us for last place. It is not happening. Go O's!!!!

Hey EBK, we are playing the Stankees tonight. Time to get the bats going. We have had less trouble with them than Boston but its a new year. It looks like Britton may be the real deal. I dont know about Arrieta? Didnt he get shelled the other day? I hope we get it going after the loss to Texas.

Hey EBK, we are playing the Stankees tonight. Time to get the bats going. We have had less trouble with them than Boston but its a new year. It looks like Britton may be the real deal. I dont know about Arrieta? Didnt he get shelled the other day? I hope we get it going after the loss to Texas.

Stoopid rain...

Hard to say after only a week. I'll see how April goes. But I will say the pitching looks a bit better than we thought it would :)

Has anyone here ever played "Beat The Streak" at mlb.com? You pick a player every day regardless of team or league and he has to get a hit.......any kind of hit. The object is to break Joe DiMaggio's all time 56 game hitting streak.

They're offering 5.6 million dollars to anyone who can. I'm currently at 12 games having missed with Jeter on opening day. The all time best in this is 47 games or so, it's not as easy as it sounds.

Has anyone here ever played "Beat The Streak" at mlb.com? You pick a player every day regardless of team or league and he has to get a hit.......any kind of hit. The object is to break Joe DiMaggio's all time 56 game hitting streak.

They're offering 5.6 million dollars to anyone who can. I'm currently at 12 games having missed with Jeter on opening day. The all time best in this is 47 games or so, it's not as easy as it sounds.

Thanks. I will look into it. I do go to Betux and they have a conteste that is similiar. But it involves real money.

Yay- another Mets fan here on the forum!

Right now they're winning 2-0- hopefully they can break their 7 game losing streak today.

2-1 in the top of the 4th...we need this win. They havent won since the game I was at..maybe I need to go more often haha

Yay- another Mets fan here on the forum!

That makes at least three of us.

4 in a row for the Mets :)

The offense is good, but the starting pitching could be questionable this year. They're going to be very streaky this year. COuld be another long year. Well at least I have The Shake Shack, Blue Smoke and McFadden's to look forward to.

Archived