2011 Major League Baseball Thread

silvermedalist

Poor Orioles. First they get pounded 15-3, then they get lucky in the next game and hit Mariano Rivera (which ain't easy)....but they still end up losing in 11.

Just contract them already.

They just beat Boston two in a row. Rivera is a dinaosaur. and an ugly one at that

That's right, Mariano Rivera is a dinosaur. He's going to be 42 this November. He's also 35 saves away from the all-time record, the most dominant relief pitcher in both regular season and postseason history, has 5 World Series rings, and has the undying love and gratitude of every single Yankees fan on the planet.

I'll take this "ugly dinosaur" over anything you have every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Show some respect. There's plenty of Yankees who are asses, but Mo ain't one of them. When even Red Sox fans say they have no beef with him, there's no reason for anyone else to say otherwise.

That's right, Mariano Rivera is a dinosaur. He's going to be 42 this November. He's also 35 saves away from the all-time record, the most dominant relief pitcher in both regular season and postseason history, has 5 World Series rings, and has the undying love and gratitude of every single Yankees fan on the planet.

I'll take this "ugly dinosaur" over anything you have every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Show some respect. There's plenty of Yankees who are asses, but Mo ain't one of them. When even Red Sox fans say they have no beef with him, there's no reason for anyone else to say otherwise.

I think he will get shelled quite often. He is not going to be as effective as he was. You know it and they know it. They just figure he is one of those guys you cant show the door to becuase of his past. Baseball players are all overpaid. They dont do anything compared to players in hockey, football and basketball.

Cant remember last time we beat Boston in a series. Well we just did. We being the Orioles.. Just hammered the Sox 10-4. maybe its the start of a good run? Other than that bad 8 game slide things have been better. Go O's

We did just win a series with the Saux. However, last night, we beat the "other" Sox in Chicago :)

Still, a good iwn. The team may not be totally awful after all.

We did just win a series with the Saux. However, last night, we beat the "other" Sox in Chicago :)

Still, a good iwn. The team may not be totally awful after all.

No, but my White Sox are not doing too well. I just came home today, turned on the game and Baltimore scored 4 runs in the 8th. Relief pitching sucks and so does our hitting.

Well hopefully they won't LOSE six straight now. It would be nice if they can win a couple against the Phillies this weekend.

Unfortunately, that's two in the "L" column in Philly this time around. Closer than yesterday, but still a loss. Can't believe the Mets have played the Phils twice so far in Philly this year and just about a month into the season. They have yet to play in CitiField yet. Who's the moron who did the scheduling on this one?

Orioles win again!!

To anyone interested, MLB.com has a free contest called beat the streak. The idea is to pick a player each day you think will get a hit. And try to beat Dimaggio 56 game streak. Prizes I guess. Sounds easy huh? Its no. I have Adam Jones tomorrow. I got out alive today. If you dontt ge a hit, you start all over at least. So you can keep playing

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/bts/y2011/

Orioles win again!!

To anyone interested, MLB.com has a free contest called beat the streak. The idea is to pick a player each day you think will get a hit. And try to beat Dimaggio 56 game streak. Prizes I guess. Sounds easy huh? Its no. I have Adam Jones tomorrow. I got out alive today. If you dontt ge a hit, you start all over at least. So you can keep playing

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/bts/y2011/

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I have to go pick some more players.

Best so far this season is 7.

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I have to go pick some more players.

Best so far this season is 7.

Well I am going on three. ha. I got through with A Jones of the Os tonight. Tomorrow I have Lee. Go see his stats against this KC pitcher. He should come through

Hey EBK, what is up with this Showalter? Men on first and second with nobody out in extra innings and he has the batter swinging away. At home too. Its a no braiiner. You BUNT!!! I do not have faith in this guy any more. I would have fired him after the game. Are you kidding me? BUNT YOU STUPID SHIT FOR BRAINS!! Luckily we won this time. This guy couldnt coach little league. Here we go again. And we have a good lineup. No excuse for some of these losses. Its on him.

Hey EBK, what is up with this Showalter? Men on first and second with nobody out in extra innings and he has the batter swinging away. At home too. Its a no braiiner. You BUNT!!! I do not have faith in this guy any more. I would have fired him after the game. Are you kidding me? BUNT YOU STUPID SHIT FOR BRAINS!! Luckily we won this time. This guy couldnt coach little league. Here we go again. And we have a good lineup. No excuse for some of these losses. Its on him.

Living in New York I used to watch Buck when he managed the Yankees in the mid 90's. Believe me, he does questionable things at times. He also had a couple managerial gaffs when the O's and Yankees played a couple weeks ago.

It's a long season though. The Red Sox aren't what they seemed to be, the Yankees don't have enough good starting pitching to last the full season and Tampa even though they have great starters are lacking in other areas.

That's what makes baseball truly great. It's such a long season.

Living in New York I used to watch Buck when he managed the Yankees in the mid 90's. Believe me, he does questionable things at times. He also had a couple managerial gaffs when the O's and Yankees played a couple weeks ago.

It's a long season though. The Red Sox aren't what they seemed to be, the Yankees don't have enough good starting pitching to last the full season and Tampa even though they have great starters are lacking in other areas.

That's what makes baseball truly great. It's such a long season.

And its even longer when you have a shit for brains for a manager.

Archived