Physical Graffi - Tea

ledzepfvr

England? You won't find this place there.

Head on south to New York City.

GOOD TO KNOW! Why did I always think this building was in England? duh. NYC is a hell of a lot closer!

jo

Steve, if no one post any interior pictures, the next time I am in Manhattan I make it a point to do this :peace:

Would love to see these Debs, whenever you make your visit! Gotta do this as well, being only an hour or so from NYC.

Would love to see these Debs, whenever you make your visit! Gotta do this as well, being only an hour or so from NYC.

It would be cool if a bunch of us area (and even out of area too!) Zeppelin fans could meet up there at Physical GraffiTea someday. :)

It would be cool if a bunch of us area (and even out of area too!) Zeppelin fans could meet up there at Physical GraffiTea someday. :)

:wave: Yes it would!!! Maybe we make it a point at some time soon....

I'd love to go there too! Have to be an overnighter though.

Just thinking about this...anyone know how the boys take their tea? Mine's got a bit of milk and a drop of honey.

Not a clue. But mine has Ice in it (Being American and all...)

:D

post-16971-0-37557400-1304995201_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

In April, a rock-and-roll themed East Village clothing store transformed into a teahouse. Physical Graffiti became Physical Graffi-Tea. Its still located at 96 St. Marks Pl. and still owned by Illana Malka but everything else is different. Tea is a passion of mine, Malka says. Teahouses, unlike coffee houses, attract people who are calmer and arent in a rush.

Eight steps down into a darkened one-room shop that feels like a grotto, a brick wall faces a long wooden counter with stools. The display shelf holds dozens of tea tins. The dried leaves, which are from around the world, are sold by the cup. Recommended: the ready-made, tangy organic green iced tea, spiked with lemon myrtle, natural essential oils of bergamot, orange, tangerine, and jasmine flowers.

Picture1PhysicalGraffiTeaEntrance.jpg

teacans.jpg

teasiced.jpg

http://villagebeat.nyuhyperlocal.org/archives/3083

• 2 months later...

Ok.....I love the Beatles too....but this is just wrong. :angry:

This shop should have our boys decorating their walls. It's the iconic building on one the the greatest LZ albums.

beatles.jpg

edit to add; in searching I found a blog that said there may be a Led Zeppelin homage too, but I can find no photos to that effect.

I agree- they should at least have a huge pic of the PG cover. also it would have made more sense to put some Stones stuff too since they used the building as part of the "Waiting On a Friend" video.

Very true regarding the Stones as well. Forgot about that.

Ok.....I love the Beatles too....but this is just wrong. :angry:

This shop should have our boys decorating their walls. It's the iconic building on one the the greatest LZ albums.

beatles.jpg

edit to add; in searching I found a blog that said there may be a Led Zeppelin homage too, but I can find no photos to that effect.

Oh someone needs to help these poor owners decorate. Nothing against the beatles but not cool in the least. The place should be covered with Zeppelin stuff, its not hard to find. Perhaps we should offer to redecorate. I think this would be nice as a welcome.

post-17888-0-24996400-1318012819_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Well, this seems like one of the coolest places ever. I have been planning on going to NYC for a while now and I know this will be one of my very first stops on the trip. I know my friend (who is also a big Zeppelin fan) will have no troubles with it.

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like a pretty awesome place. Although those Beatles pics are out of place. It would be more fitting to have this:

R52.jpg

Or

F_200709_September1_365693a.jpg

• 6 months later...

Their problem is they're very serious about the "tea" and less about their location.

Given an album cover like that, what further visual clues does ANYONE need about how to embody that spirit in a restaurant/teashop/whatever ??

Pictures of the Beatles don't begin to do it ( though they might be allowable if in their Sgt Pepper outfits, or preferably in drag) .

It's obviously a tasteful teashop and ought to be able to channel that album cover, and indeed the songs, without being too cheesy/themed/exploitative...

Would love to go there anyway.. Since I'm sadly not on my way to NYC they have plenty of time to introduce a more authentic Physical Graffiti theme before I ever arrive to check out their Earl Grey...

Let's hope their customers are at least treated to the right music ...

BTw do Americans enjoy Tea? always seemed folk were passionate about coffee

You disrespected coffee? This could be how the 3rd English-American war starts! So far we're 2-0 so I wouldn't go there if I was you. :shifty:

You disrespected coffee? This could be how the 3rd English-American war starts! So far we're 2-0 so I wouldn't go there if I was you. :shifty:

Could we discuss this over tiffin. because I do understand Americans are a bit Foghorn Leghorn. But your coffee rather strong.... :angel:

Archived