Deterioration of the sound standard in music

trombone hoota

There is one particular website that offers high definition audio in various formats. HDtracks.com

I have no affiliation with this at all but I've purchased several albums from them in hi rez FLAC. Currently they have quite a few Rolling Stones albums for sale, all of them are at least 96hz/24bit.............Let It Bleed can be bought in 176hk/24 bit too. I did this and it sounds truly glorious, any other version on CD or vinyl that I've head can't compare to this. Tommy by The Who is also available at 96/24 FLAC.....bought that one too :rolleyes:

The problem is for most kids who may want to investigate this, the price for download in the highest hi rez format is 29.99 American and you can't buy individual tracks from these particular albums either...........my guess is they'd go to amazon.com and download Midnight Rambler or Pinball Wizard for .99 cents instead.

MP3 or other lossy formats are cheap and can be easily had now.........so the problem of crap fidelity won't end anytime soon I'm afraid.

Funny, I sure find Sigur Ros' music "glorious and thrilling to listen to." Same with Radiohead, Coldplay, and Goldfrapp. I guess I'm just lucky like that.

That does seem to be the problem with alot of the complaints about sound, were seeing a handful of the very best sounding records of there era being held up as an example as if that standard was universal and then a compairison made to less inspired production today.

Archived