2011 Grammy Awards

BUCK'EYE' DOC

I just finished browsing the list of nominees for the 2011 Grammy Awards.

Them Crooked Vultures' "New Fang" is nominated for Best Hard Rock Performance.

The Band of Joy Album is nominated for Best Americana Album.

It would be great if both won and JPJ and Robert met up at the ceremony to receive their awards. They could leave Jimmy out "parking the car". :D

I also noticed that Jeff Beck has several nominations for Emotion and Commotion and a few songs and performances from the album.

The Black Keys have several nominations as well.

Good Luck to them all!

The show will air on Sunday, February 13th.

Nominees

Edited to say that I missed it on initial perusal that Robert is nominated for "Silver Rider" in the Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance. He is up against Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Neil Young and John Mayer. He is in good company!

I'm going to watch. Dylan "bark-talks" his songs these days, no guitar... so his performing won't be a highlight for me anyway, bless his heart. I hope Beck wins but Neil Young would be cool too as Le Noise is awesome.

Thankfully we have a mute button for the rest.

I hope Plant's categories are televised.

Most :blink: moment so far. Lady Gaga arrived in an egg. Her rep said that she is currently in an "embryonic state", and won't be "born" until her performance later on.

Well... I guess she had to top her meat dress from last year somehow!

Hey, Beck just picked one up, just tuned in when he was getting it on the Grammy/live site. They have two windows streaming live.

Heehee...I can't help but checkout the outfits. Looks like Nikki Stixx got a WAY better looking gf then Kat!

K, see ya.

Jeff Beck won for "Hammerhead" Best Rock Instrumental.

He also won for "Nessun Dorma" for Best Pop Instrumental Performance.

Neil Young won for Best Rock Song for "Angry World".

The Black Keys won for "Tighten Up" for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals.

Congratulations!

Jeff Beck is still up for Best Rock Album. The winner hasn't been announced yet. I hope that he wins and gets on stage!

It's nice to see Jeff Beck get grammies, but really, his best work is long past. He's lost little of his ability and technique over the decades but the music doesn't have the same impact to me as his music from the 1960's into the 1970's._ It's kind of like when Jethro Tull won a grammy in 1988 LONG, LONG after that band reached their zenith._ I think Jeff had his first grammy with something off of "You had it Coming", but even that was after his best stuff IMO._ Having said that, JB is in fine form on the DVD "Live at Ronnie Scott's" and still pumpin' hard n heavy.

It's nice to see Jeff Beck get grammies, but really, his best work is long past. He's lost little of his ability and technique over the decades but the music doesn't have the same impact to me as his music from the 1960's into the 1970's._ It's kind of like when Jethro Tull won a grammy in 1988 LONG, LONG after that band reached their zenith._ I think Jeff had his first grammy with something off of "You had it Coming", but even that was after his best stuff IMO._ Having said that, JB is in fine form on the DVD "Live at Ronnie Scott's" and still pumpin' hard n heavy.

I don't agree. After seeing Jeff Beck perform twice in the past year, he is still in top form. His playing is amazing. There aren't too many "young" guitarists that can hold a candle to him. And his latest album "Emotion and Commotion" demonstrates this.

That Eminem song was total crap!

I don't understand what people like in rap music. No offense meant to those who like it.

I love John Legend! He went to the same high school that my husband went to.

Edited to say: Looks like Justin Beiber is getting shut out so far. He hasn't won any of the awards that have been aired on tv as of yet.

I don't agree. After seeing Jeff Beck perform twice in the past year, he is still in top form. His playing is amazing. There aren't too many "young" guitarists that can hold a candle to him. And his latest album "Emotion and Commotion" demonstrates this.

Thank You.

AMEN!

Archived