NASCAR 2011

danelectro59

I hope so too! However, I don't think he will. But if they get some close racin' at those speeds and the air happens to get a car loose - anything can happen! ;)

If payback is to be given, it could definitely come at Sonoma or Loudon, after the "probation" for the two is over.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow is Christmas Day for race fans. Eastern time zone schedule is: Monocco at 7:30 a.m., Indy at noon, Coke 600 at 5:30!!!! I'm staying with the 99 again this week, reluctantly!

What a terrific F1 race!! Watching the 500 now, they are racing like it's last 100 miles instead of the first. Well, gonna slip out for a swim and a toke. I'm with you ^ gotta get over to Monaco before kickin' the bucket! ;)

WOW!!! Holy sh!t, what a great Indy 500 that was! Just when u thought the F1 race couldn't be topped. Congrats to Whelden, way to get through the carnage at the end. JR, keep your head up! Onto the 600 and a few ice cold Captain's shots!! Go Harvick - even though I know your car is sh!t right now!!

The 500...like it is said "it ain't over till it's over". But hey, he still got 2nd!

gotta work at 5 in the morning...won't see the end of the 600. Staying awake at work is encouraged. slapface.gif

Our long weekend was last weekend.

Watching Harvick's in car camera and boy is it brutal coming up through the traffic! Up to 16 th at least.

Mini Zoso, I'll try to let u know what happens tonight, but I don't have to work tomorrow so I may not make much sense. About to have another shot - it may get messy if Harvick makes a charge!!! :lol:

Now Kasey Kahne's driving a Chevy. WTF??

I had the Saturday race on and he was in 4th in the last laps and when I flipped back to the race he'd dropped to 22nd or so. WTF??

But I'm glad he's in a Chevy at least. He's gone from Dodge, to Ford, to Toyota, to Chevy. What next....LaSalle? :D

Man, I couldn't believe it when I saw Jr. run out of gas and Harvick pass him for the win! Couldn't come down for an hour or so afterward. He has pretty much run like sh!t there forever and to add another of the crown jewels of racing to his resume (along with the 500, Brickyard, all-star race, road course, etc.) just makes one glaring missing piece - a cup title!!

• 2 weeks later...

6 points penalty for ole Shrub?

Today was the NASCAR hall of fame induction announcement. The 2012 inductees are: Cale Yarborough, Darrell Waltrip, Dale Inman, Glen Wood and Richie Evans!!! I emphasize Richie because he was my local boyhood driver in upstate NY. We used to watch him race at Utica-Rome speedway and when they would have fan/kid ride along night we would pile into and onto the drivers cars as the would slowly drive around the track. I would always get Richie and even sat straddling his gear shifter one night! I never knew he was a national champ until going to Daytona one year and read about him in the program. I just thought he was our local guy. In 13 years he won 475 races and 9 titles, 8 years in a row. The only guy in NASCAR history to have his number retired - #61. RIP and congrats Richie, you did it!!! Godspeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready for the mid-summer classic, the Firecracker 400, this weekend. Taking the kids and in-laws up to the track this Friday (they get us into the garage so it's mandatory!). Hope the rain holds off and the 29 (4 Friday night) runs strong!

• 2 months later...

They do have full schedules, especially on a short week such as next week - plus the "playoffs" (The Chase) begins the week after that. Poor timing on everyone's part. NASCAR gets more publicity out of it, so I doubt they are complaining about it! ;)

Nice triple header beginning tonight in "Hotlanta"! Harvick needs to get mojo back working for him the Bud #29 Chevy!

Looks like a mid-week race at the ATL! Cars sitting for 3 days after Sat. qualifying, waiting through all the rain. Green track. 1 race until the cutoff for the chase. Potentially 3 million dollars waiting for a driver/fan/charity combo. I can't wait! Oh sh!t, I've gotta go to work tomorrow!! $#!+@&!

Guess I'll have to watch it on tape tomorrow night!

Peace.

Go #29!!

Archived