Jeff Beck Group may reunite

DavidZoso

JEFF BECK TALKS ABOUT THE JEFF BECK GROUP

This News Is Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Rod Stewart recently revealed that the Jeff Beck Group might reunite. We caught up with Jeff Beck a couple days ago and he told us that he’ll soon find out just how much the wheels are in motion. In the meantime, Jeff announced a slew of tour dates and you can check them all out at JeffBeck.com.

----------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see this happen.

I also am happy the Faces have reunited and have played together but Rod didn't join them yet- they actually got the singer from Simply Red-Mick Hucknall- People didn't think that would work- but the reviews were favorable. Maybe Rod will reunite with them down the road.

I also am happy the Faces have reunited and have played together but Rod didn't join them yet- they actually got the singer from Simply Red-Mick Hucknall- People didn't think that would work- but the reviews were favorable. Maybe Rod will reunite with them down the road.

Reviews aren't always a true arbiter. From the YouTube clips I've seen of this abomination, Hucknall fronting The Faces is a fucking joke. Rod was holding out for more money, like the guy doesn't have enough already? He's going to have to do a lot of rockin' to make up for the sheer amount of dreck he's been churning out for the better part of his solo career.

He's going to have to do a lot of rockin' to make up for the sheer amount of dreck he's been churning out for the better part of his solo career.

Uhh.....surely you must have forgotten this classic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxYu0IU9gdg

"Every Picture Tells A Story"..............So true Rod, so true!.................:) missy

I can't imagine Rod having the pipes to sing like he did back then. No thanks, if I want to listen to the original JBG I'll play "Truth" and be happy.

By the way, there really can't be a Faces reunion without Ronnie Lane either. Are people that starved for classic rock bands that this disaster actually passed for a Faces re-union?

Good grief.

I haven't forgotten it at all, that's what I meant by the "better part of his solo career". In other words, I don't think everything in his solo career has sucked. I love all of the early solo stuff as well as The Faces, Jeff Beck Group, etc. but there was a tremendous downfall in quality by the time we got to "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?".

Oh no...NOT Rod Stewart PLEASE !!!!_Going by his material over the last few DECADES, he's not worthy of the band any longer. So will they have Mick Waller on drums ? You know Nicky Hopkins is dead, and his keyboard stuff isn't anything to scoff at._My interest isn't piqued.

Well that will be a problem........Because Mick Waller is dead too.

"Every Picture Tells A Story"..............So true Rod, so true!.................:) missy

I don't think Jahfin is refering to this period of Rod Stewarts music. His first four solo albums are true rock classics. As are The two Jeff Beck and four Faces albums.

• 2 weeks later...

ROD STEWART DEFINITELY DOING ALBUM WITH JEFF BECK

Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck have been throwing around the idea of doing an album together and now, we can confirm that a record is indeed in the works. Last week, Rod told the Vh1 Classic Rock Nights radio show that the album is a go.

“We had a two hour meeting today, went through keys of various songs and he’s laid down half a dozen tracks. I would say there’s a 98-99 percent chance we’re going to be making an album together in fact, I would say absolutely sure.”

No word yet on when to expect the effort out but the last time the pair worked together was in 1985 on a cover of “People Get Ready.”

• 2 months later...

Archived